Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Brad2770

I was forced to throw away the box, but I did keep this stuff. Apparently that little plastic piece on the stat card is worth some money. No idea how to look it up, but it’s the most lost or broken piece.

654BCF97-0AF8-4136-8C0D-BC878F304864.jpeg
5586EBA2-5887-4262-8863-6AF904DD1D26.jpeg

• 9Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 10 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
There's a grown up toy for Optimus Prime now, but it costs like 500$ oh wow $800:

I was poors, only got 1 of these lol:

6798fa2f7bb60a10772931fab860eed3.jpg

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Oh to be a kid again with the money I make now. I only had two cool transformers as a kid, Ultra Magnus who got accidentally warped on the stove, and the wolf that had a little robot for a head.

I grew up relatively poor - not below the poverty scale or anything but not much extra for fun shit. My legos were "brix blox", I had a rusty handmedown Mechano set, plastic army men, that kind of stuff.

For a couple of years I bought my kid stuff I dreamed of having when I was his age - three examples: cool Legos, remote control cars, dinosaurs with articulating limbs, etc. He was barely interested in the Legos, passably with the cars and never played with the dinos once. Kids do NOT imagination play like they used to, it is a lost skill and part of the development problems of a lot of children these days. It's all fucking screens all the time, and school pushes it in spite of all the lib parents talking about how they limit their kid's screen time at home.

I played with this shit until I was like 12 or 13 and then I graduated to shooting them with BB guns and lighting them on fire:

1633879542921.png

• 7Like
  • 5Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Hydromarty

Vyemm Raider
The new gen transformers are shit tons cooler than the old ones. My nephew has like 20, including the full Devastator
20211010_114432.jpg
20211010_114418.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The new gen transformers are shit tons cooler than the old ones. My nephew has like 20, including the full Devastator
View attachment 376543View attachment 376544
Wow, those are cool.

I would make cylon raiders out of three flat brix blox, then Colonial vipers out of a couple of blocks with the fancy blue triangles for the tail, build a mock up of the Battlestar Galactica landing bay and have imaginary battles.

Meanwhile Lego has this (lololol):

1633885614306.png

1633885639671.png

Being poor sucked!

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 3Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I used to build spaceships - mostly Vipers and Cylon shit - out of cardboard boxes and empty match cases. I thought it was because I was awesome and creative. Looking back - nope, poor.

• 5Faggotry
  • 2Harrow
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 9 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I was forced to throw away the box, but I did keep this stuff. Apparently that little plastic piece on the stat card is worth some money. No idea how to look it up, but it’s the most lost or broken piece.

View attachment 376537View attachment 376538
Since we're doing a toy derail, sold or gave away most of my vintage toy collection but I kept these two. One of these has a perfect top seal, the other is slightly fucked up around one edge:

1633885517246.jpeg

I may or may not have the slime pit somewhere still.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Spare

Vyemm Raider
Did someone say toys? I sold all my toys in my teen years for beer money. Then in the late 90s, I started collecting all the treasures I had sold off from my kid days. I have recently gotten back into collecting but I am not doing on the card $$$ stuff. I am buying beat up ass figures and doing resto's. I find it very satisfying finding a beat up ass toy and bringing it back to life.

This is a recent one I did. I know many look down on restos but I never resell, these go into my personal collection.

1633888802711.png

beforeCylon.jpg

AfterCylon.jpg

• 14Like
Reactions: 13 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
This Voltron toy was my favorite gift of the 80’s.

Not sure if it was the same set but I absolutely wanted the set of Voltron toys from the 90s but my mom told me no because the ones I built at home with my blocks were nicer. Bunch of horse shit. I did finally get my hands on the Lego Voltron set which I wish I had a nicer spot for.

56EEA411-1675-400A-9A20-23E019D491D5.jpeg

Speaking of blocks, I was constantly bombarded by Better Blocks commercials as a kid and I just had to have this shit, especially the glow in the dark ones. I finally convinced my mom to buy me some and she said she’d order them the next time she saw the commercial with the number. Never saw any of those fucking commercials again.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Plebs. I work with this guy (awesome dude). He's single ladies (dudes? not sure).
Loved the back of the old boxes
1633893913784.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I know the lion Voltron is what everyone thinks of when they think Voltron but I was weirdly obsessed with vehicle Voltron.

mainvisual.jpg
That Voltron concept was dumb. You needed 15!! to make the robot.
The original lion series was dope though.

IMG-20211006-WA0001.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry

Brad2770

I grew up relatively poor - not below the poverty scale or anything but not much extra for fun shit. My legos were "brix blox", I had a rusty handmedown Mechano set, plastic army men, that kind of stuff.

For a couple of years I bought my kid stuff I dreamed of having when I was his age - three examples: cool Legos, remote control cars, dinosaurs with articulating limbs, etc. He was barely interested in the Legos, passably with the cars and never played with the dinos once. Kids do NOT imagination play like they used to, it is a lost skill and part of the development problems of a lot of children these days. It's all fucking screens all the time, and school pushes it in spite of all the lib parents talking about how they limit their kid's screen time at home.

I played with this shit until I was like 12 or 13 and then I graduated to shooting them with BB guns and lighting them on fire:

View attachment 376541

One of my friends I played with in Elementary and Jr. High was very creative. His mom and grandmother bought him awesome Lego sets, but he always came up with inventive ways to use the toys he had.

He took some of his castle and Robinhood Lego sets and repainted them and built them out to be ninja turtles. This was before any ninja turtle legos had been made.

My main reason for quoting you was his army man collection. He had the army men, the cheap jeep and tanks. So we would go into the backyard and basically play a full sized battleship type game, but with army men.

We each set up on a side of a clothes line. We draped a tarp over the clothes line and started setting up our men we each had 50 men, 2 Jeep’s and two tanks. The yard was dug up so it kind of looked like a mini battle field. From our side of the clothes line, we really couldnt see where the army men were placed, but you could usually see the tanks and jeeps. Each person got 20 shots. We had a broom stick cut in half with a coffee filter stapled to one end. You would guide your opponent where he would place the broom stick and the coffee filter represented blast radius. Men would die in one hit, Jeep’s took two and tanks took 3. Each destroyed man or vehicle was worth one point. If you destroyed a jeep the other guy would lose a turn and if you destroyed a tank he lost two turns. At the end, whoever had the most men or vehicles still standing won.

Spent a lot of time playing that and the only way I could see playing with army men.

640B74B7-CDD8-4E43-9FD6-D5937063AE16.jpeg
F0E7D079-BD7F-45B9-B623-6FF4C64CE4C7.jpeg

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users