Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
bows.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking back, it's a bit strange to see how some things just didn't click for my little kid brain even though it was able to accomplish things that my old/slow brain barely even believes.
This fucking thing was like magic in the arcade. It's like a cartoon that you can play! only it costs $1 per go and after trying, I wasn't even sure if it had worked or I'd just watched an intro. The price was too steep for me to ever figure it out. It's maybe the first real quicktime event game? Tiny me was fucking bewildered though. For anyone else with the nostalgia, there's a port of it on Steam with a cheat mode that gives the quicktime prompts. It was fucking great to finally beat this even if I did feel like a dirty cheat.

1646509297177.png

1646509318499.png

And speaking of things I just didn't get, the fucking games where basically everything was an easter egg broke my little kid brain. There are playthroughs of these up now. I was somehow like one step from beating this but never quite got there.

1646509552728.png

1646509582533.png

And this one was just full nope :( Real life prizes was definitely the stuff of little kid dreams though!

1646509819343.png

1646510019633.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

WRE3

Trakanon Raider
Tandy3000 only game we had was Dungeons of Daggoroth. It had real time combat and taught me how to type. The instructions say to type what you want to do. So Attack Left Sword, “move forward”, “turn left”etc game was impossible.
later we found out you can type A L S! To shorten attacks and we got almost to the end but never beat it. Likely needed some more then a leather shield and shitty sword....
View attachment 401781
Holy crap! I haven't thought about this game in 30 years! I wore the keys out on my TRS-80 playing this by hitting the keys too hard. The Wizard was impossible to destroy.
DungeonsOfDaggorathOnlineIntro.png

coco-400x.jpg

My first "computer".

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Am looking at getting the Steam version of Dragon's Lair. Again, back in the day it was like some magical machine had appeared from the future where you played an animated film.

Also an option:

nwtra-dl-001-dragonslair-replicade-05.jpg

1/6th scale version for home use.

I believe it has a HDMI plug option so that you can connect it to your TV and play on the big screen.

But I'd still go for the Steam version

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
...back in the day it was like some magical machine had appeared from the future where you played an animated film.

To me, the game that gave that feeling (despite ultimately being an awful game I think. But as a kid I didn't care). was this:

1646517627975.png

• 8Like
  • 2Faggotry
Reactions: 9 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
To me, the game that gave that feeling (despite ultimately being an awful game I think. But as a kid I didn't care). was this:

View attachment 401837
Ha there was this pay to get in game are free arcade that had that game, even free it was bullshit. Death was so sudden and unavoidable, after 300 times listening to the bad acting I noped out.
46AFA150-B6CE-4DD9-98E0-633E41104BF0.jpeg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
538138-wizardry-proving-grounds-of-the-mad-overlord-apple-ii-front-cover.jpg

1-wizardry_frogin.png

Played it on my dad's Apple. Was a hack for it in some gaming magazine that let you boost your characters levels to some insane power. From there it was nothing but changing hex code in saved games. Got my first computer a couple years later (Commodore Vic 20) and was peeking and poking sprites all day, every day.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
First ever PC. I'd spend hours transcribing shitty little games from computer magazines I got at Walden Books store to play on this.

View attachment 401802
I recreated so many of my fav arcade games (and even made a pinball emulation of Centaur on it) on this glofifed hunk of shit. Holy Memberies, this was my first PC at 13 and my parents saved hard for it as combined Xmas and BDay gift. I was not upset in the slightest. The bullshit I had to learn to make magic happen on this turd is what made me a decent IT tech today. I wish my parents had not tossed this in the trash because it would be in my trophy case for how hard I worked to milk 16k on it.

Oblig:
trek.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Spare

Vyemm Raider
Lets go for some Atari X-Rated Action! Droppin Jizz Kaboom Style!
1646527027723.png

There were 3 Mystique carts. Custers Revenge, Beat em and eat em, and bachelor party!

Then Playaround bought them all up and did double ender cartridges. Playaround was smart and actually flipped the games so they could be played from a female perspective. Bachelor party was chasing chicks and Bachelorette party was chasing dudes. So many atari unknowns.

If you want to learn something no one knew, look up Arcadia Supercharger. There were actually 12 Atari 2600 games released on cassette tape!

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Weird Boner

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Of all arcade games, this was the one I was best at, I just had a knack to it.

op_thun_1164220706.jpg

Operation Thunderbolt, It was the sequel to operation Wolf.

I could play, on one coin 95% of the way through the game. If you know the game, it's only the final level where you battle down the center walkway of a parked passenger jet. I could get most of the way down there before the massed enemies would finally get me. It might have been that the arcade that I used to go to had the machine set on an easier setting. Not sure as it was the only one I played.

FYI I actually worked in a very large game arcade in the early 90's servicing the machines, pinball, we had a shooting gallery, redemption machines. So I got to play many of the games listed here. But alas, the place never had an Operation Thunderbolt machine, or Dragon's Lair. We did have that Hologram time traveler, oh yeah some low quality acting.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
As one of the younger EQ players (born in 1990) I've enjoyed you geezers showing me all these ancient games that you played in Arcades. I'll raise you a few I grew up with (shoutout to Cybsled Cybsled ):

1646535421798.png

1646535448342.png

1646535481199.png

• 8Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Let's Go Brandon!
Reactions: 13 users