Funny, Strange, Random Pics

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1646467100417.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Edit - Spare beat me to the oldest man punch line. Well done.

Bitch, the Atari 2600 was second gen.

This was my first:

View attachment 401648

This was my second:

View attachment 401647

One of my friends had the Atari and one rich mutha ended up with Coleco so we would rotate gaming houses.
did anyone ever have this?
007680dcf4102e456cd5af877717adee.png

it was like $100bucks but it basically had all the latest gameboy games, it stuck out of the gameboy cuz i guess it just needed that much more memory to store all the games. i think maybe 30 games were regular gameboy games and the rest were weird ass shit indy titles, but obviously it was a humongous deal (even tho it was piracy, every asian kid had it)

in fact there were of course others like 62 in 1 or whatever (i just remember having the 82 in 1)

anyway i burned through batteries like crazy so i then asked for mom to buy this, thinking i'd save money
s-l640.jpg

its a buddyl battery charger that also charges regular alkaline batteries, which of course now we find out is super dangerous, in fact this thing had 4 places to charge batteries but only 2 worked because the other 2 exploded on me after a while.

so it did charge the batteries, but you take the chance of boom boom once in a while.

this was in the early 90s of who gives a fuck, we were using battery powered waterguns that looked liked uzis

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
did anyone ever have this?
007680dcf4102e456cd5af877717adee.png

it was like $100bucks but it basically had all the latest gameboy games, it stuck out of the gameboy cuz i guess it just needed that much more memory to store all the games. i think maybe 30 games were regular gameboy games and the rest were weird ass shit indy titles, but obviously it was a humongous deal (even tho it was piracy, every asian kid had it)

in fact there were of course others like 62 in 1 or whatever (i just remember having the 82 in 1)

anyway i burned through batteries like crazy so i then asked for mom to buy this, thinking i'd save money
s-l640.jpg

its a buddyl battery charger that also charges regular alkaline batteries, which of course now we find out is super dangerous, in fact this thing had 4 places to charge batteries but only 2 worked because the other 2 exploded on me after a while.

so it did charge the batteries, but you take the chance of boom boom once in a while.

this was in the early 90s of who gives a fuck, we were using battery powered waterguns that looked liked uzis
My dad worked in china for a while and brought back a 100 in one cartridge, not this one but something similar.
1646472419815.png

It was buggy as fuck, probably half the game worked, and some were just the first few levels or such. but at this time it was perfect for my 8 yo smooth ass

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
My dad worked in china for a while and brought back a 100 in one cartridge, not this one but something similar.
View attachment 401755
It was buggy as fuck, probably half the game worked, and some were just the first few levels or such. but at this time it was perfect for my 8 yo smooth ass
did you have the reset button? it would fuzz out on the indy games thats why they had that round rubber reset button on the top

590c54a8ea1da3ef920c29127dc229c1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Dungeons and Dragons for Intellevision. You could hear the dragon breathing before you could see him thru the fog of war.

What you youngins' know about this though? The greatest game...EVER.

View attachment 401768

Remember that one, it was called "Treasure of Tarmin" and was the 3D sequel to the original "Cloudy Mountain". Got rave reviews and sold out the first weekend at our local store.
Only ever played the original, but remember the "hearing the monsters breathing before you could see them thru the fog of war". Apparently they are releasing an updated version of the original for the new Intellivision Amico.

Ad&d_cm_cover.png
167386-1.png

16738.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
C-64!

Many Saturdays wasted as a wee child, making a race track with tons of jumps, then setting the gravity to moon levels:

FGaCZSIXwAAv7NZ

2 players too!

1646490444968.png

Even as a kid, I was super impressed that one guy could design and program an entire game, even wrote amazing music for it (Forbidden Forest). Took 10 minutes to load on cassette tape :p

1646490525472.jpeg

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Tandy3000 only game we had was Dungeons of Daggoroth. It had real time combat and taught me how to type. The instructions say to type what you want to do. So Attack Left Sword, “move forward”, “turn left”etc game was impossible.
later we found out you can type A L S! To shorten attacks and we got almost to the end but never beat it. Likely needed some more then a leather shield and shitty sword....
221987CE-9414-46EE-99C8-251996C13075.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
After MUDs I had access to Apple computers and Wizardry. We had an Atari from the beginning but I never got into it. Computers since day 1 and I've never changed. First person shooters do look fun on console though.
245304-wizardry-v-heart-of-the-maelstrom-apple-ii-screenshot-hey.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
After MUDs I had access to Apple computers and Wizardry. We had an Atari from the beginning but I never got into it. Computers since day 1 and I've never changed. First person shooters do look fun on console though.
View attachment 401782
In the early 80's, in the heart of a cold, humid east coast winter, I walked for 2+ hours to a friend's house to spend the night. We played Wizardry 1 on his Dad's new Apple, and watched Eddie Murphy's Delirious. It stands out as one of the funner nights I had around those times.

1646494326015.png

Also, fuck my parents for being raging alcoholics and never wanting, nor being able to, drive me anywhere.

Edit - I wanted that second AD&D Intellivision game so bad I can still taste the longing. That first person viewpoint was so cool. Never did get it. I played Cloudy Mountain probably a billion times.

In retrospect I think my fav game to repeat play was Tron - Deadly Discs. I was amazing at this game.

1646494777497.png

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
First ever PC. I'd spend hours transcribing shitty little games from computer magazines I got at Walden Books store to play on this.

ti994a.jpg

• 7Like
  • 6Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users