rrr_img_124621.png

rrr_img_124622.jpg

rrr_img_124623.png

rrr_img_124624.jpg

rrr_img_124625.jpg

rrr_img_124627.jpg

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
After several days of the same stupid PC shit getting posted in FSR there really doesn't seem to be any reason to bother with this forum anymore.
rrr_img_124628.jpg

Sulrn

Deuces
After several days of the same stupid PC shit getting posted in FSR there really doesn't seem to be any reason to bother with this forum anymore.
Could be worse. Could be talking about RPMs and casualness.
rrr_img_124693.jpg
rrr_img_124694.png

Me, the most casual of casuals before a haircut and spending time in the gym.
rrr_img_124695.jpg

apraetor

<Silver Donator>
Late reply sorry, haven't read thread in a few.

I really didn't know controllers for PC existed lol (Roast me, that's okay) I guess I didn't know because I didn't think it'd be necessary??? (either that or I don't hang out enough at gamestop during my lunch break) Feels like someone telling me "Wait, you didn't know that skateboardscancome equipped with brakes?" Well, NO, I didn't... why would they need brakes?

More to the point, guess my thing is: My PC is hooked up to a monitor that I sit close to. My console is hooked up to a very large flat-screen TV at the other end of my bedroom. Like my OP states, if I want to actually relax, I'll lay in bed and game a bit on console, but gaming on a PC is different because I'm both in a chair and the feel of a mouse/keys is a nice contrast to a controller when I'm in the mood for that kind of gaming (usually 1st person stuff). Again, point is: I like both PC and consoles equally for different reasons; no need to shit on consoles... they're easy and fun.

My question is: Is hooking up a PC to a television and gaming with a controller while on the couch or in bed more common than I think? If so... wow. That seems like a headache to even configure? Everyone I've ever known in my life just does consoles to a TV and PC to a monitor lol. Not going to lie... seems really nerdy any other way, but hey... When in Rome.........

rrr_img_124544.jpg
Required a $50 Steam Link and $50 Controller, plus about 50' of cat5e which was already running ethernet to my TV anyway. The setup is entirely automated, took less than 30 seconds; Steam has the support built-in so there's nothing to install on the PC end. You can also use BT kb/mouse or wired ones, plus 360 controllers (wired). I prefer the Steam one but use my old 360 ones for Divinity local co-op.