Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Have you seen an orthopedist? There are things you can do to stave off arthritis, depending on the cause. At 35 I had hip pain so bad I couldn't sleep and had surgery to repair the labrum, reshape the femur, and reduce bone spurs. The rehab sucked balls for 6 months, but eight years later, although I'm still supposed to avoid running, it hurts way less than it did pre-op.

If you keep grinding on it as is you might be in for an early hip replacement.

View attachment 413110
Mine is really IT band. Knees though….I’ll end up getting those replaced in my 50’s. One just has a sliver of cartilage left. Done a lot of therapy on run form and particular strengthening around my knee to remove stress.
1652955614843.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mikerb

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
jfcav.jpg

This is how much food you've got for the price of a pack of cigarettes in Australia.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 10 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I'm an Aussie, if you see a car that's a knocked about 20+ year old piece of shit without a P plate* on it. The driver will be a smoker. Some dude in his 40's sitting there with an air of self-importance smoking his cigarette while his $400 car shows the godly massive drain that his habit has on finances.

* P plate = first year and a bit of driving. Normally the only ones who'd buy an old shit box car.

- - - - - -

Pics for the FSR gods.

Data_01.jpg

Camera-14-1.jpg

• 8Like
  • 1Bullshit
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don’t know who this guy is, but if they ever build statues for internet people, he deserves one.

View attachment 413104Man look at all the fucking hard work Arnie did. And roids.

I’m 43. My bench was 280 last year. I cut. I’m benching about 220 now, but my shoulders are destroyed. My right hip hurts so bad after a 4 mile run that I just want to lay in pain. My knees crunch. There are times I want to say fuck it and Barry Bonds it up too.
You don't need roids to impress people, once you get to certain age, just being in shape and still able to out perform 75% of the population can make you a roll model.

In my semi-gymrat days, there was a 50-60+ year old dude that used to lift at my gym (he looked like the juicer guy, from 80's infomercials, but stronger). I remember seeing him push some weight, but it's been so long ago, that I don't remember what he was lifting. I often asked him for a spot, and he never had any issue when I was seriously struggling with my 350+ max reps. He is the only spotter I remember, from the variety of people I asked for help, due to my aspirations to be like him when I was his age.

Also, pretty sure he was clean, since he didn't look steroid swole and long term steroid use will fuck up your body, unless you have that Hollywood money like Arnie (small example: I worked with a guy (in his late 30s) that had 2 complete bicep tears (one while I was watching him try to lift a stuck powered pallet jack) due to steroid abuse in his past).

JayHeadShot_300x300.jpg

__ba293ecce2fd0b4a273c1f2550d582d7_width-600.jpeg

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Sure, but given his age and specifics of complaint it seems like it was a good guess. As far as location, I felt mine distinctly located in the front of the hip, right in the joint, rather than the groin. Obviously the MRI is more defnitive than internet doctoring.

Edit: Derp, different guy. My bad.

View attachment 413144
I wasn't trying to give you a hard time, this is literally what I do for work and no not a bad guess. I'm just used to patients coming in and pointing at their back or their thigh and thinking they need a hip replacement. Usually I'm like, what you need is to stretch more (seriously).

Sounds (and looks like) you had some osteophytes (bone spurs) and the labral tear. Was your procedure done through a scope? Ironically, those typically take longer than total hip replacements and a lot of docs don't do them because they're a pain in the ass.

arthroscopic-repair-labral-tear-300x240.jpg

Repaired labrum is at the 12 position, it's like a gasket that helps secure the femoral head (ball) to the acetabulum (socket).

The big white sphere peeking into the picture at the 7 position is the femoral head, it's being distracted from the socket with traction in order to work/take this picture.

• 5Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 5 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I wasn't trying to give you a hard time, this is literally what I do for work and no not a bad guess. I'm just used to patients coming in and pointing at their back or their thigh and thinking they need a hip replacement. Usually I'm like, what you need is to stretch more (seriously).

Sounds (and looks like) you had some osteophytes (bone spurs) and the labral tear. Was your procedure done through a scope? Ironically, those typically take longer than total hip replacements and a lot of docs don't do them because they're a pain in the ass.

arthroscopic-repair-labral-tear-300x240.jpg

Repaired labrum is at the 12 position, it's like a gasket that helps secure the femoral head (ball) to the acetabulum (socket).

The big white sphere peeking into the picture at the 7 position is the femoral head, it's being distracted from the socket with traction in order to work/take this picture.
My situation was a little weird. I had a labrum that was intact, but almost fully detached as a result of years of falling in martial arts. I had an isolated, small patch of full-depth arthritis with exposed bone in the acetabulum but we caught it early so no osteyphytes, for all that it hurt so much I couldn't sleep. I ended up with a labrum repair, femoroplasty, and cartilage microfracture, all through scope. The whole process was supposed to buy me 5 years against a hip replacement, maybe 10. It's been going on eight now and there's no sign of joint space narrowing or spurs in my last xray. It's not perfect - I have persistent psoas/adductor tendinitis and it still aches some if I get dehydrated or spend too much or not enough time sitting over a few days, but it's livable indefinitely, not obviously progressing, and I'm in no hurry for a prosthetic.

1652998085388.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user