daily_picdump_4329_640_high_47.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 2Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Pugs and other dogs with squished faces live really shitty lives in constantly agony. They all have horrific cardiovascular systems and one warm day away from heatstroking.

My friends wife got a rescued Pug that was severely mauled by a pitbull, it was covered in big scars on its back, it constantly huffed and puffed making slurping sucking sounds like short bus retard. It was a happy little fucker for how broken it was.

Because it looked like he got run over by a boat propeller I started calling him The Land Manatee. The name stuck and the rest of its life his name was The Manatee, the kids called him Manny.

drs_4x6_1154_400.jpg

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Pugs and other dogs with squished faces live really shitty lives in constantly agony. They all have horrific cardiovascular systems and are one warm day away from heatstroking.

View attachment 470398
Pug.jpg

Look at the terrible, constant agony that dog is in.

Look at it. Soak it in.
Pugs are not in "constant agony waiting to heatstroke out" or whatever. They sure as fuck aren't working dogs, aren't made for the heat, and have any number of health problems from too much lack of genetic diversity that many specialized dog breeds do but as long as you take care of them, don't leave them in overly hot environments, etc. they are fine. I had a Pug for 10 years, one of the best dogs I ever owned, super smart, sat on my lap when I first started playing EQ. Didn't consider himself a dog, really; he always acted like being made to socialize with the other dogs was weird and he wanted to be with the people.

Mine died from cancer at age 10, which is just one of the long list of problems the breed has, including breathing, etc that is shared by Frenchies and English Bulldogs. It wasn't a problem until the last 100 years or so, when people started breeding for the smashed face trait, or so I have been told/read. English Royalty, IIRC? Its too late to look up something like that. It wasn't so much a problem for mine but occasionally he would get wheezy.

• 6Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 8 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 470411

Look at it. Soak it in.
Pugs are not in "constant agony waiting to heatstroke out" or whatever. They sure as fuck aren't working dogs, aren't made for the heat, and have any number of health problems from too much lack of genetic diversity that many specialized dog breeds do but as long as you take care of them, don't leave them in overly hot environments, etc. they are fine. I had a Pug for 10 years, one of the best dogs I ever owned, super smart, sat on my lap when I first started playing EQ. Didn't consider himself a dog, really; he always acted like being made to socialize with the other dogs was weird and he wanted to be with the people.

Mine died from cancer at age 10, which is just one of the long list of problems the breed has, including breathing, etc that is shared by Frenchies and English Bulldogs. It wasn't a problem until the last 100 years or so, when people started breeding for the smashed face trait, or so I have been told/read. English Royalty, IIRC? Its too late to look up something like that. It wasn't so much a problem for mine but occasionally he would get wheezy.
The question is: Is it responsible for a dog breeder to continue to breed and select for these traits that are known to cause issues in a large percent of said breeds, or for owners to support said breeders, when you can instead select for longer noses and undo some of the issues? It also doesn't just pertain to smashed faces dogs; it's also things like swept hips in GSDs.

There are breeders that are trying to reverse the trends and make healthier dogs.

french-bulldog-breeder-reingeener-dog-face-fb-png__700.jpg

gittes-leni-2-1024x851.jpg

Last edited:
  • 15Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 18 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
The question is: Is it responsible for a dog breeder to continue to breed and select for these traits that are know to cause issues in a large percent of said breeds, or for owners to support said breeders, when you can instead select for longer noses and undo some of the issues? It also doesn't just pertain to smashed faces dogs; it's also things like swept hips in GSDs.

There are breeders that are trying to reverse the trends and make healthier dogs.

french-bulldog-breeder-reingeener-dog-face-fb-png__700.jpg

gittes-leni-2-1024x851.jpg

You are so right. I agree completely. Those Pugs look like the 1800's pictures of Pugs before the cosmetic breeding took over. I can show you on the doll where BP inadvertantly touched me talking about Pugs when mine was so close to my heart; we spent so many good years together, and then cancer took him well before his dog time. When the Summer of Love started our last dog had just had to be put down also due to cancer, a Malamute/lab we adopted starving off the street and was an amazingly well trained dog. Someone had moved and left her behind but this dog was trained to the nines. A friend runs dog adoption agency and we got a Half staffordshire/Half German Shepard puppy that looks very close to this picture I found on the web, except now he's 80+ pounds of love or he looks like the flower creature from John Carpenter's the Thing with teeth, depending on the circumstance. A role the Pug was never going to fill. I am never going to get a dog from a breeder again if it can in any way be helped. My Pug was a gift from my now ex-wife.

german-shepherd-pitbull-mix_7.jpg

• 7Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 7 users

haveacupofstfu

Blackwing Lair Raider
View attachment 470411

Look at it. Soak it in.

These shitters are living, bred planned obsolescence.

Pic unrelated.

b89114893786db020b70f5aab864b8e067b8e9df.jpeg

• 2Slow
  • 2Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
how many kids tongues did he suck?

skip to 4m and you hear him squeal it's so funny
what a foolish man. you can fit nearly a fifth of liqour into teeny clear travel bottles stuffed into a quart ziplock bag
1682329155168.png

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users