Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
rrr_img_48290.jpg

Fuck yeah, Mitch Hedberg. Say what you will about Wright and Dangerfield, this guy is the (extremely dead) king of one-liners.
I was lucky enough to see him twice before he passed, I don't think I ever laughed as hard at anything. His execution really sucked once he got cranked out.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Since this is now the "Comedians That Aren't Legends Yet But Are Still Good" thread, surprised no one has mentioned my favorite:

apraetor

<Silver Donator>
I am not normally one to argue around here, but I had to say something in response to this nonsense.

Only the ignorant, or the ideologically driven, go around throwing these sorts of numbers around like they are fact.

PLEASE, educate yourself.

For starters, Testicular Cancer is not as prevalent as Breast Cancer, and gets far less attention.
It helps that even the WORST cases have a ~72% chance of survival BECAUSE OF CHEMO THERAPY.

rrr_img_48123.png

Yes, some cancers are almost impossible to fight and its sometimes better to just live as fully as possible until it either goes away or kills you. But not all.
rrr_img_48124.png

Saying ALL cancer is this way, only risks taking the hope that an equally ignorant person has, and helps fuel the ridiculous hate of pharmaceutical companies that create the drugs used to treat cancer.
They continue to do so, in spite of the MASSIVE costs and risks involved in trying to (often futilely) save people suffering from such deadly issues.

NO ONE (sane) likes to be told they are dieing. NO ONE likes to be fed chemicals that may not work in preventing their death. And NO ONE likes it when their friends and family die is SPITE of the steps taken to try and save them... But blaming the companies that create the chemo that failed to save them, is like blaming aspirin manufacturers for not stopping your heart attack, or antacid manufacturers for not preventing that ulcer from hemorrhaging. Or insulin manufacturers for not stopping your diabetes from destroying your vascular system, leading to blindness and amputation.

Its not their fault anyone gets cancer, and blaming them for not saving more is stupid.
Instead of being hateful, be thankful for those that get saved, and try to make the lives of those who aren't as full as possible, till the end.

/rant
Averaging the statistics between different types of cancer is worthless, so I agree with you Grimsark. Chemo is awesome for mopping-up trace remains of things like testicular cancer, where the tumorous tissue has been surgically removed beforehand.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Averaging the statistics between different types of cancer is worthless, so I agree with you Grimsark. Chemo is awesome for mopping-up trace remains of things like testicular cancer, where the tumorous tissue has been surgically removed beforehand.
Thanks! I was really hating that stand up derail: so boring and uninteresting and full of movies instead of pics. Certainly not at all entertaining like a good cancer discussion is! I needed a hero to stand up for the awesome cancer argument derail but lacked the willpower to do it myself. God bless you sir!

oh-mike-tyson-you-so-silly_o_952228.jpg

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This a joke post?
No, but I guess I misspoke when trying to be funny by giving the thread a different name. I do think Regan is a legend, he's my favorite after all. But I don't necessarily know if everyone else does (half the people I mention him to in real life have never even heard of him, whereas they've all heard of Pryor, Williams, Murphy, Carlin, etc.), and I certainly don't know what criteria we're going by when people like Joe Rogan are posted. Rogan's funny, definitely, but nowhere near some of these others. So yeah, dumb wording/attempt at being funny on my part I guess.

Anyway, here's a result for "dumb picture" to appease the FSR gods.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Yeah I agree that lots listed are legends, so just for discussion: Ross Noble

rrr_img_48320.jpg

What I find impressive about him is that his act isn't scripted or planned. He just gets up on stage and improvises the bulk of it on the spot.

Sure at times it gets all random and confused. But to be able to do it like that, that's gotta take a level of comedic talent, right there.