I still don't know how uwe boll got that cast for his shitty movies

Statham
Burt Reynolds
Ray liota
Claire forlani
Leelee sobieski
John Davies
Mathew Lillard and more lol
$$$ and people needing a paycheck, despite if it's probably paltry. Godbless Dr.Boll.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Just got back from my dolby showing

mediocre-mad-max.gif

If Fury Road is a 10/10 this is a 8/10 at best. Its not bad or anything, its just... a lot of talking. And long. 5 acts, there are cool things like you get to see various wasteland fortresses (I really liked that) but there is really only 1 good long action scene which is a bit similar to one from Fury Road, not quite as epic but different enough to be cool.

Otherwise it feels like a bunch of story DLCs for Fury Road instead of a proper new movie. Answers some questions you probably didn't care about (I didn't) like how Furiosa lost her arm or learned to drive a rig. Some minor world building but not enough to be that interesting.

I rewatched all the movies in the past week, never watched The Road Warrior weirdly and enjoyed it a lot but damn Fury Road blew me away again in how much of a near perfect movie it and keeps you glued to your seats, its one of the few movies I feel where the difference in watching it in IMAX vs home is massive and wish they would put it back in theaters for a week.

Anya Taylor Joy makes a good young Furiosa, the other dude who played Generic Hero was awful and had zero chemistry with AJT. Thor was awesome as Dementus and stole the movie. Funny enough the movie makes me like Immortan Joe even more, he was just a capable warlord in bad times who was good at keeping a stable society thriving.

download and watch at home, save a trip to theaters for Deadpool

• 5Like
  • 2Great Review
Reactions: 6 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Fury Road is clearly the better movie but this was a solid follow up. Visually amazing but it was a little drawn out and long at parts, but overall I would agree with the above if Fury Road was a 10 this being a solid 8 sounds about right.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
also looks like its gonna severely underperform

if garfield beats it this weekend, oooof hahaha

by comparison last year the little fucking mermaid brought in $117m jesus christ americans are retarded

• 2Like
  • 2Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
also looks like its gonna severely underperform

if garfield beats it this weekend, oooof hahaha

by comparison last year the little fucking mermaid brought in $117m jesus christ americans are retarded
it needed Mad Max and its been a long time since Fury Road. I'm sure it will be fine as the weekend progresses. probably break 100m by end of monday.

• 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

Fury road was an anomaly in money, they should have approached this as they did the first 3, wont make money or be a bock buster

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I mean really movie theaters are aids that need to go the way of Blockbuster video and cease to exist as soon as possible. It’s neat to see an IMAX every one in a while but I’d rather just watch the shit at home on release day.

There is hardly anything released anymore that’s worth watching in the first place so I am not sure how much money these are expected to make but the last couple of movies I saw there were about 2 or 3 other people in them. That’s a lot of empty fucking seats.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Saw it today. It did a really great job of building on the mythology of the Wasteland and was pretty beautifully shot throughout. Hemsworth was the standout, Anya Taylor-Joy and the actress who played young Furiosa were really good, but all the main character actors did a solid job.
Having said all that, Fury Road was almost impossible to follow and this one isn't quite as good at keeping you pinned to your seat. There were a few times the CGI was pretty obvious but it didn't take me out of the movie. I did like how the ending ties right into the events of Fury Road.
As mentioned above if Fury Road is a 10 this is probably an 8 to 8.5 for me. Again, the highlight is how much mythology building this one does for all the shit going on at the end of civilization.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Just got back from my dolby showing

mediocre-mad-max.gif

If Fury Road is a 10/10 this is a 8/10 at best. Its not bad or anything, its just... a lot of talking. And long. 5 acts, there are cool things like you get to see various wasteland fortresses (I really liked that) but there is really only 1 good long action scene which is a bit similar to one from Fury Road, not quite as epic but different enough to be cool.

Otherwise it feels like a bunch of story DLCs for Fury Road instead of a proper new movie. Answers some questions you probably didn't care about (I didn't) like how Furiosa lost her arm or learned to drive a rig. Some minor world building but not enough to be that interesting.

I rewatched all the movies in the past week, never watched The Road Warrior weirdly and enjoyed it a lot but damn Fury Road blew me away again in how much of a near perfect movie it and keeps you glued to your seats, its one of the few movies I feel where the difference in watching it in IMAX vs home is massive and wish they would put it back in theaters for a week.

Anya Taylor Joy makes a good young Furiosa, the other dude who played Generic Hero was awful and had zero chemistry with AJT. Thor was awesome as Dementus and stole the movie. Funny enough the movie makes me like Immortan Joe even more, he was just a capable warlord in bad times who was good at keeping a stable society thriving.

download and watch at home, save a trip to theaters for Deadpool
Haha, literally sat down last night and watched all four films. Stayed up way too late and got too drunk, but I started to get a better appreciation specifically for beyond thunderdome. Halfway through the movie it kind of turns into something else but it still wonderful.

Surprisingly portions of Fury road when I rewatched it for the first time in the number of years didn't click as much as it did when I saw it in the theater. It's a great movie but I still think I like two and three better.

I'll watch this one at some point when it is obviously out on streaming, but I don't really have a burning desire to go see it in the theater.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Big Mike! Represent yooo!!!

200.gif

Im just realizing that gif that he danced in
Is exactly like all of the men surrounding him. He's managing to keep up, and when you look at his body as well as theirs pretty goddamn obvious Big Mike is packing the meat.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Big Mike! Represent yooo!!!

200.gif

Im just realizing that gif that he danced in
Is exactly like all of the men surrounding him. He's managing to keep up, and when you look at his body as well as theirs pretty goddamn obvious Big Mike is packing the meat.
Mike does have the big arms that drag on the ground.
iu

• 1Worf

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Mike does have the big arms that drag on the ground.
iu
Big Mike! Big meat!

michelle-obama-look.gif

And what's fucked up, I'm trying to find that Ellen DeGeneres video of Big Mike dancing with her and it zooms in on his floppy weiner, after 5 minutes I still could not find it on the internet. I think it may have been scrubbed. If I mistaken somebody please posted because it's still hilarious, but Big Mike is the bestest political related celebrity to ever grace most of stupid TV talk shows.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Big Mike! Big meat!

View attachment 530256

And what's fucked up, I'm trying to find that Ellen DeGeneres video of Big Mike dancing with her and it zooms in on his floppy weiner, after 5 minutes I still could not find it on the internet. I think it may have been scrubbed. If I mistaken somebody please posted because it's still hilarious, but Big Mike is the bestest political related celebrity to ever grace most of stupid TV talk shows.
iu

iu

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
That one's viable, but it's not the one I was thinking about there's a very specific gif that you see Michael's dong banging back and forth in his pants. We've all seen it unfortunately, but I'll be
God damned that it may have been completely scrub from the internet.

It zooms in on his garage and you see his playing flopping around and it's so brutally obvious Michael has been pumping Barry.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That one's viable, but it's not the one I was thinking about there's a very specific gif that you see Michael's dong banging back and forth in his pants. We've all seen it unfortunately, but I'll be
God damned that it may have been completely scrub from the internet.

It zooms in on his garage and you see his playing flopping around and it's so brutally obvious Michael has been pumping Barry.
i ninja edited what you asked for

• 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
“Ouch, it’s looking really bad,” reports the far-left Deadline. Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga could post the “lowest opening for a Memorial Day movie in 41 years with a 4-day between $31M-$35M. How the holy heck is that?”

If Mad Max with a Girl “comes in on the low end,” Deadline adds, “the last time a No. 1 movie or Memorial Day opening title filed a 4-day gross take that was lower was back in 1983 when Return of the Jedi made $30.5M.”

$30.5 back in 1983 was huge. That's like $100 million today.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
everyones hand wringing about furiosa this weekend but i see no journalists make the obvious point, "women wanna see romantic movies guys wanna see action movies with dudes banging hot chicks". Few chicks give a shit about the WBNA (sports) or action movies and that will never change, until trannies outnumber real women

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
everyones hand wringing about furiosa this weekend but i see no journalists make the obvious point, "women wanna see romantic movies guys wanna see action movies with dudes banging hot chicks". Few chicks give a shit about the WBNA (sports) or action movies and that will never change, until trannies outnumber real women

This is why 90's movies were the best, action, blood, and random pairs of titties for now reason thrown in.

images

icz08P9r4nM0gkjKW5AhXoipiz5YNp.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf