Furiosa (2024)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
a lot of people assume this is a girlboss movie and nobody likes those anymore or ever. this could be thought of as a The Marvels film. white guys are villains and women are stunning and brave and can do anything. i understand this isnt like that at all, but unless people know that and that there isnt a Max in here. why bother even spending the 20 bucks to go see it?

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Pretty good. Not great. The action when it happened was awesome.

I had to check my expectations about 20 minutes in when I realized it wasn’t going to be another Fury Road and focused more on character building. Hemsworth was awesome.

My two major gripes are:

A: I don’t really care about the background of characters in the Mad Max universe. Who’s Humungus and how did he become the man he is? Who gives a fuck. He’s righteous.

B: There was a few really bad CGI shots. Fury Road was a masterpiece of blending the necessary CGI with practical effects and here there were some shots that looked pretty cartoonish for no reason I can think of. Like the scene where they are surrounding the group of people that fight to the death.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
a lot of people assume this is a girlboss movie and nobody likes those anymore or ever. this could be thought of as a The Marvels film. white guys are villains and women are stunning and brave and can do anything. i understand this isnt like that at all, but unless people know that and that there isnt a Max in here. why bother even spending the 20 bucks to go see it?
I mean it IS a girlboss action movie.

One no one asked for or cares about.

It's like the new Indiana Jones. Let's take one of the greatest franchises of all time and run it into the ground with a girl boss main character.

She may not be a Mary Sue but guys drive action flicks and no guys were jumping out of their seats to see this. Unless she has her tits out for half the film. Which she doesn't.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
I mean it IS a girlboss action movie.

One no one asked for or cares about.

It's like the new Indiana Jones. Let's take one of the greatest franchises of all time and run it into the ground with a girl boss main character.

She may not be a Mary Sue but guys drive action flicks and no guys were jumping out of their seats to see this. Unless she has her tits out for half the film. Which she doesn't.
Fury Road was a girlboss movie for anyone paying attention. The whole plot was about Furiosa trying to save the wives and find the green place and survive in the face of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: The Bullet Farmer (War), The People Eater (Famine), Immortan Joe (Pestilience, the half-life war boys and all the genetic aberrations) and Max (Death).

Thats a testament to how great Fury Road was…the action was so nonstop, most missed the girlboss movie right in front of them. We all grew up with Sarah Connor and Ellen Ripley…The problem now is that the female characters dont earn it.

Saw this one tonight. Great movie in a universe where Fury Road didnt happen. Fury Road really was just a total masterpiece. Thor was fucking awesome. I just about fucking died watching the People Eater.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Even if the film is solid it's going to have it's ticket sales dragged down by people's prior experiences with Captain Marvel, that He-Man cartoon, the new Star Wars films, Madame Web, Indiana Jones and others. Women are less the audience for post-apocalyptic science fiction stuffed with automobiles and the men have been swatted on the nose with a rolled up newspaper a few too many times to line up in huge numbers day one anymore.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Even if the film is solid it's going to have it's ticket sales dragged down by people's prior experiences with Captain Marvel, that He-Man cartoon, the new Star Wars films, Madame Web, Indiana Jones and others. Women are less the audience for post-apocalyptic science fiction stuffed with automobiles and the men have been swatted on the nose with a rolled up newspaper a few too many times to line up in huge numbers day one anymore.
This is true and unfortunate.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I mean, it’s a girl boss movie but she def gets her ass beat multiple times. 8/10 and my only gripe is really that it’s not Fury Road. This is rectified by watching fury road as soon as this movie ends.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
a lot of people assume this is a girlboss movie and nobody likes those anymore or ever.
Ever? Who is that in your avatar? The world's corniest girl boss, but she was very popular across both genders and spanned age groups from kids to adults....and still is an icon.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ever? Who is that in your avatar? The world's corniest girl boss, but she was very popular across both genders and spanned age groups from kids to adults....and still is an icon.
i wouldnt call her a girl boss in that show. Steve kept her ass grounded and i recall he set up the story for each week for her to do stuff. even in the Gal Gadot movie she played a fish out of water character for most of it while Steve pointed her in the right direction to do Wonderwoman things. "diana, you cant run across the trenches to the german side, thats suicide!". "oh yeah? you watch me, big boy." "sure kid, knock yourself out.". i think a girlboss movie/show means, there is no man around telling a girl what to do.

• 3Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I didnt like much the Furiosa character in Fury Road, why would I go see a whole movie dedicated to her?

Did they actually bother asking the audience what they liked about Fury Road and what they didnt?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
i wouldnt call her a girl boss in that show. Steve kept her ass grounded and i recall he set up the story for each week for her to do stuff. even in the Gal Gadot movie she played a fish out of water character for most of it while Steve pointed her in the right direction to do Wonderwoman things. "diana, you cant run across the trenches to the german side, thats suicide!". "oh yeah? you watch me, big boy." "sure kid, knock yourself out.". i think a girlboss movie/show means, there is no man around telling a girl what to do.
Wut? Steve had nothing to do with her activities other than her using him to spy on goings on. He was a lackey without coming across as a lackey...and she didn't rub his nose in it. She was a girlboss and was well liked in her role...internationally...because she didn't beat us do death with it and never once flaunted her gender over her abilities.

FFS, they all knew the show was camp but for some odd reason people liked it. As my GF pointed out, they use pantyhose as a backdrop to criminal justice. It's right there in the show's lyics! In your satin tights, Fighting for your rights. Although my GF doesn't have satin tights, she has WW undies that she wears from time to time.

That WW worked so well and still works tells us the girlboss shtick isn't dead, but rather being implemented in a very poor fashion.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wut? Steve had nothing to do with her activities other than her using him to spy on goings on. He was a lackey without coming across as a lackey...and she didn't rub his nose in it. She was a girlboss and was well liked in her role...internationally...because she didn't beat us do death with it and never once flaunted her gender over her abilities.

FFS, they all knew the show was camp but for some odd reason people liked it. As my GF pointed out, they use pantyhose as a backdrop to criminal justice. It's right there in the show's lyics! In your satin tights, Fighting for your rights. Although my GF doesn't have satin tights, she has WW undies that she wears from time to time.

That WW worked so well and still works tells us the girlboss shtick isn't dead, but rather being implemented in a very poor fashion.
the last time i actually sat through a WW episode was probably 1977. maybe i'm thinking of Charlie's Angels where the boss, Charlie sets the mission for the girls each week. for some reason i thought Steve had rank over her and did the same. isnt Diana in disguise as the secretary?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
There’s gotta be a portion of people that aren’t seeing this because the chick playing her has a weird face, I know I can’t look at her for very long. It’s like attractive and disgusting at the same time

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There’s gotta be a portion of people that aren’t seeing this because the chick playing her has a weird face, I know I can’t look at her for very long. It’s like attractive and disgusting at the same time
I didn't mind her face in The Witch, because she had her tits and ass out half of the time.

spronk

FPS noob
for those who watched the movie, one cameo kinda bugged me

closer to the end we see furiosa running back to the citadel, one armed, and collapse on the ground. we pan back to see the iconic Mad Max car and a man standing next to it. Its the exact shot that STARTS Fury Road, so the implication is clearly that Max from FR is watching Furiosa. While he probably doesn't drag her back to the citadel (or even move from his spot) he might have grabbed her and dropped her closer, to let the weird maggot lady find her and take her to her... farm.

what was the point of that cameo? That Max knew Furiosa before? Well, not really, and why would he care even if he did. This is 10-15 years before Fury Road i think, and it just got me wondering how the fuck he survived in the wasteland that long with his shiny car and where did he get guzzoline all the time. Fury Road already kinda setup Max as a force or spirit in the world who is connected to everything and just shows up and fades away as he is needed so that moment was just odd.

also odd to show moments from Fury Road in the credits, like as a general rule don't show a better movie in your own movie lol

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
She has a very salmon like set of eyes.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I think the first time I really saw her as attractive was in The Menu. Yeah she's got a unique look, but maybe that's part of her charm. She's not a bad looking girl and she's a pretty fantastic actress. I don't think there's a lot of movies that I've seen her in where I didn't at least enjoy them on some level.