Game Awards 2017

Whats your Game of the Year

• Total voters

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Happy BotW won that.

In terms of announcements, did this trump last E3? Kinda feeling like it did.

I honestly love how the Game Awards have started to become a mini E3 at around Christmas time, I think it gives developers a more laid back setting to show off early projects, and lets smaller developers who don't generally get an E3 slot show stuff off.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
A game awards show where the best game wins zero awards, but a rehash of the same "cute" simplistic game for 20 years running wins. Add this to the list of Oscars/Grammy's/Emmy's list of "Do Not Watch".

Nintendo nostalgia needs to burn.

• 4Salty
  • 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Strategy is dead, gotta pander to the 'ongoing' pubg meme category

Dr. D is like 6.8, hes the same size as team secrets Puppey. Big ass nibbas

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
As much as I love horizon, what remains of Edith Finch’s story and narrative and how it translated into some goofy gameplay ideas (playing the horror section through a window pane in a comic book with the Halloween theme song playing) was pretty original and awesome.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I feel Botw got an edge just because people didn't want to deal with its rabid fanbase, but at least a good game won gotw.

• 1Solidarity

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I feel Botw got an edge just because people didn't want to deal with its rabid fanbase, but at least a good game won gotw.

Horizon was up in a stacked year to be honest. It was my 4th winner behind Mario, Zelda and Persona 5. It shows how good the year was that such an interesting IP had no real chance of winning GOTY.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Eh Horizon is still winner in my book. Mario and Zelda are fun but they are Mario and Zelda... in many ways largely unchanged for the past 20+ years.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Eh Horizon is still winner in my book. Mario and Zelda are fun but they are Mario and Zelda... in many ways largely unchanged for the past 20+ years.

Mario I agree with, Zelda not so much. It was vastly different.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Zelda had tons of flaws. Great game, and I loved exploring based on poi’s. Unfortunately exploring led to a lot of jack shit on the reward scale. Even that island where you spawned naked and had to battle through, all that work for nothing. Weapon degradation was a pain in the ass. And while we had counters for weather, we should have had counters for wet rocks when climbing. The dungeons and boss fights were weak and the shrines were more fun to play through. Story was typical Zelda trope. Definitely a great game but not GOTY by any stretch of the imagination. Although I do hope more games come back to POI mechanics rather than map check boxes after that, and punch in more real world effects on characters with balanced counters. In fact the only exploring I came across that meant anything was the maze which had a ton of ancient materials.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Persona 5. This is the first Persona game I've ever played and I'm confident it will be my last. The combat mechanics and systems are interesting and fun but you spend 90% of your time dealing with a shitty story (High Schoolers unite to end bad manners!), terrible dialogue (which I just FFwd through since about May 10th in the game) and otherwise boring and stupid mechanics like having to go to a drink stand every Sunday to not miss out on your stat skill ups.

And then you spend 10% of your time playing the actual fucking game.

• 2Salty
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I think I grew out of Persona games, I couldn't get into P5 at all. The highschool sim stuff just really wears on me, combat felt on the easy side(esp. if you got the jump on an enemy). It didn't feel like a bad game or anything, just not for me anymore.

• 1Like