Game development career thread:

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
research.png

Going to get a bit more indepth with my crafting than just stick-ore-in-box-and-flip-switch

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Start with Nothing won...

I'm thinking there will be alot of survival games.

I'm thinking some kind of void as an item, vacuum in a jar, quantum fluctuation / bubble universe thing

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I can't think of anything good. I could probably do a decent pickup rocks naked-in-the-woods survival game, but there's going to be hundreds of those.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemz.png

Starts in sixteen hours hence. I'm attempting to use my own tools, but stuff is broken

goblins.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Keep it alive was the theme. I couldn't get the above animation stuff working in time so I bailed over to unity.

I ended up deciding on a defend-against-waves kind of game with the player a sort of golem controller mage. I was going to do a pet heal, damage shield, basic mmo pet class kind of stuff with a few standard offensive spells, but I didn't get that far.

I had waves marching towards the goal, basic d20ish combat, some wacky but fun 3rd person movement, and a very broken combat spew window.

I love participating in these but I doubt I'll ever finish one again unless I somehow reverse age 20 years. I spent most of the weekend in this strange brain foggy tiredness mixed with insomnia.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Stuck in a loop won. I couldn't think of anything doable / fun.

I kept thinking of loop quantum gravity and planck stars, but no game sprang forth.

Nomad and clockwork seem like good ones. This one I predict 1000 variations of groundhog day.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Picked up Unreal Engine and going down the path - can anyone recommend a good youtube series for a primer?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Picked up Unreal Engine and going down the path - can anyone recommend a good youtube series for a primer?

Ryan Layley if you have no idea what you are doing. Which isn't you.

The official UE4 tutorials are pretty good, if I can follow them you shouldn't have an issue.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Well I'm a programmer by trade, but nothing in game dev
So here is the guy I was sperging out to LachiusTZ LachiusTZ a while back. Worth a look if you're interested in working on an MMO system that he's created:

I found most Youtube stuff mediocre, although there are some gems throughout. If you're willing to spend $20-30 then Udemy had some good courses. I'm not a programmer though, just have a CS-lite degree. You may find more value elsewhere.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So here is the guy I was sperging out to LachiusTZ LachiusTZ a while back. Worth a look if you're interested in working on an MMO system that he's created:

I found most Youtube stuff mediocre, although there are some gems throughout. If you're willing to spend $20-30 then Udemy had some good courses. I'm not a programmer though, just have a CS-lite degree. You may find more value elsewhere.
Thanks man, I'll check out both of these