Game of Thrones - Season 6 - Poll Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its all in the screenshots hall of fame thread I linked a page or so back. Vicodin something something

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Since there are people that really have this crazy hard on for a true spoilers thread we should make 3 threads. That way all 4 of those dudes can discuss leaked pictures all they want.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Since there are people that really have this crazy hard on for a true spoilers thread
This right here tells you how out of touch of reality you are. There isn't a difference between a true spoiler thread and a spoiler thread. What the fuck. You are trying to redefine what spoiler means and it's not " Things I only want spoiled thread".

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Someone post a rustled jimmy thing for a_skeleton_03, that dude is riled up.

And I agree with this dude:

Quit making shit complicated and pissing off the people that dont want to deal with stupid driftwood stuffed vaginas.

Btw, WTT 2 mods + a_skeleton_03 for a Lumi.
You didn't read my earlier post. I am so unrustled my feathers have shrunk into my body (for some reason I always equate rustling with feathers more than the gorilla).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This right here tells you how out of touch of reality you are. There isn't a difference between a true spoiler thread and a spoiler thread. What the fuck. You are trying to redefine what spoiler means and it's not " Things I only want spoiled thread".
You're the one out of touch with reality. Tuco ruled at the beginning of season 5 that the spoilers thread would only allow unaired episode talk within spoiler tags. How much clearer can I make that?

How hard is it to see that there are 3 groups of people:
People who have not read the books
People who have but do not want advanced spoilers from unaired epusodes
People that want a free for all

Tell me which of my points you disagree on and we can discuss further.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
The number of people in that second group is 4, not the 3rd group.

Everyone in the 2nd group was completely kosher with all spoilers, casting, screen caps, next season plot details,etc ALL the way up until episode 9 of season 5 when the show truly started to surpass the book content for the characters they gave a shit about.

It's whinefest entitled bullshit. If you don't want to see spoilers then accept spoiler tagged posts or take your ass to the no spoiler thread, or just kill yourself, whatever, just stop crying about shit

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I read the book and watch the show. I have no troubles with any spoilers, even the whole series being spoiled. I'll still enjoy it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You're the one out of touch with reality. Tuco ruled at the beginning of season 5 that the spoilers thread would only allow unaired episode talk within spoiler tags. How much clearer can I make that?

How hard is it to see that there are 3 groups of people:
People who have not read the books
People who have but do not want advanced spoilers from unaired epusodes
People that want a free for all

Everyone in the 2nd group was completely kosher with all spoilers, casting, screen caps, next season plot details,etc ALL the way up until episode 9 of season 5 when the show truly started to surpass the book content for the characters they gave a shit about.

It's whinefest entitled bullshit
Maybe. I feel like if one of those two groups was really small the thread would drop off and only two would emerge victorious.

I'll probably make a third thread if we start getting srs spoilers and nothing will happen if we don't. If people start posting Emilia Clarke and Peter Dinklage pics in Northern Ireland, leaking 4 episodes early like they did last time or Rosabell Sellers gets pissed that they ask her to be topless for all her scenes and she starts leaking everything she knows, we'll have a third thread. If that "Published Content Only" thread gets thrown to the third page because everyone wants to talk spoilers, then we'll see it's a failed thread and move on.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

It's whinefest entitled bullshit. If you don't want to see spoilers then accept spoiler tagged posts or take your ass to the no spoiler thread, or just kill yourself, whatever, just stop crying about shit
I'll only disagree in that when episode 1 through 4 were leaked everyone civilly discussed everything within spoiler tags. But whatever, I'll deal justice out with whatever decision is ultimately made just like I dealt justice this season. I can be the Sean of game of thrones.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was just 1-3 and that was a long ass wait til a new episode, i still would like to know how the last 2 episodes had screencaps leaked on the net but nobody leaked the entire episode.

Sterling

El Presidente
There should be a poll option for: There really isn't a need for 3 threads but I don't give a shit enough to lose any sleep over it either way.

Also the timezone thing is pure stupid. If you know you won't get to see an episode until hours after the east coast people or whatever, don't click the fucking spoiler thread. Rocket surgery right there.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I'll only disagree in that when episode 1 through 4 were leaked everyone civilly discussed everything within spoiler tags. But whatever, I'll deal justice out with whatever decision is ultimately made just like I dealt justice this season. I can be the Sean of game of thrones.
how is that disagreeing with what I said?

using spoiler tag's is a middle ground concession, and we only did it because when those episodes leaked someone was like "hey guys, would you mind using spoiler tags to talk about it" and we're all like "sure np" because this thing called common courtesy, which i know is rare on interweb forums.

but when tuco came in and started laying out the rules for the season, changing the thread title repeatedly, and this stupid debate came up about having 3 TV show threads that's where I draw the line.

If you are crying about being spoiled while reading a thread called "Spoilers" on the internet, then you are wrong. plain and simple.

There is no scenario where you are justified in crying about this shit. You can't just redefine what spoiler means to suit your tastes, your level of comprehension of what you have or haven't read, seen, or heard about previously. We don't need a 3rd thread for "spoilers but not really spoilers. don't you dare spoil anything that I don't already know". If you want your TV viewing experience to remain unspoiled we already have a thread called "No Spoilers" for the TV show. That's where you belong. That is what that thread is for.

We shouldn't have to use spoiler tags in a spoiler thread, but if that's what makes things work then fine. If the rule is clear, to discuss unaired things in spoiler tags then cool, i have no problem following that rule because I am an adult who can follow rules. no big deal. but fuck off with a 3rd fucking TV thread (4 threads total, 5 if you count this dumb ass poll) for this shit.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Tuco ruled...
That I should give a fuck about Tuco's ruling. It's an internet forum I frequent to get decent opinions, news, and ideas.

As much as I enjoy some of Tuco's posts in astronomy and other threads (and gaming with him and PRX), idgaf what his or your personal idea of how spoiler a spoiler thread should be.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
how is that disagreeing with what I said?

using spoiler tag's is a middle ground concession, and we only did it because when those episodes leaked someone was like "hey guys, would you mind using spoiler tags to talk about it" and we're all like "sure np" because this thing called common courtesy, which i know is rare on interweb forums.

but when tuco came in and started laying out the rules for the season, changing the thread title repeatedly, and this stupid debate came up about having 3 TV show threads that's where I draw the line.

If you are crying about being spoiled while reading a thread called "Spoilers" on the internet, then you are wrong. plain and simple.

There is no scenario where you are justified in crying about this shit. You can't just redefine what spoiler means to suit your tastes, your level of comprehension of what you have or haven't read, seen, or heard about previously. We don't need a 3rd thread for "spoilers but not really spoilers. don't you dare spoil anything that I don't already know". If you want your TV viewing experience to remain unspoiled we already have a thread called "No Spoilers" for the TV show. That's where you belong. That is what that thread is for.

We shouldn't have to use spoiler tags in a spoiler thread, but if that's what makes things work then fine. If the rule is clear, to discuss unaired things in spoiler tags then cool, i have no problem following that rule because I am an adult who can follow rules. no big deal. but fuck off with a 3rd fucking TV thread (4 threads total, 5 if you count this dumb ass poll) for this shit.
I feel like we are arguing for the same thing here but you're just getting extremely bent out of shape about it. My quip about a third thread was just a joke to rustle a few jimmies, I don't believe we need it. I wasforusing spoiler tags for unaired stuff, but what I'm saying is there are people here who absolutely do not want that. I went full-on vigilante mode in the thread during the last week because certain people were posting pictures merely for shock value and testing the rules.

But as you can see, some people don't want that:

That I should give a fuck about Tuco's ruling. It's an internet forum I frequent to get decent opinions, news, and ideas.

As much as I enjoy some of Tuco's posts in astronomy and other threads (and gaming with him and PRX), idgaf what his or your personal idea of how spoiler a spoiler thread should be.
You're talking about moderators and administrators of the forum you visit. While I don't feel we should be held on some pedestal, you're basically saying "fuck the police." If you don't give a fuck about a ruling that's fine, but don't get all upset when swift justice is meted out. This isn't the wild west, and while I try to be fair to everyone I do have certain lines and they were crossed in the thread towards the end of the season by Fedor. I guess some people wanted to see images of Jon dead, or Selyse hanged, or the Jon warging (fake).

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm going to rickshaw this stupid thread sometime later today if I can remember that I wrote this.

There are going to be two threads, the same threads for next year.
1) The No Spoiler thread is for people who never read the books. There are still enough shit out there that is either different or unaired yet that might ruin someone's day.
2) Spoiler thread is for people who have seen all the episodes and read all the material and all theories, fansites, discussions about anything is open. The only thing that needs to be spoilered is leaked content from upcoming episodes or episode descriptions for shit that hasn't been written yet (for whenever we get to that point which is potentially next year). Any released information from the Author about upcoming books is fair game. If a new book is released (lol) before next season, you can talk about it in that thread if you like. Like I said, being in the spoiler thread assumes you've read all written material.

I think we can live by those rules.

Edit:
Off season stuff is fine to discuss I think without spoilers. Episode titles, casting decisions and all the other shit people talk about is fine. I'm mainly concerned with spoilers for leaked shows during the season, especially now that we're moving beyond the books.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
But as you can see, some people don't want that:
I'm going to rickshaw this stupid thread sometime later today if I can remember that I wrote this.

There are going to be two threads, the same threads for next year.
1) The No Spoiler thread is for people who never read the books. There are still enough shit out there that is either different or unaired yet that might ruin someone's day.
2) Spoiler thread is for people who have seen all the episodes and read all the material and all theories, fansites, discussions about anything is open. The only thing that needs to be spoilered is leaked content from upcoming episodes or episode descriptions for shit that hasn't been written yet (for whenever we get to that point which is potentially next year). Any released information from the Author about upcoming books is fair game. If a new book is released (lol) before next season, you can talk about it in that thread if you like. Like I said, being in the spoiler thread assumes you've read all written material.

I think we can live by those rules.

Edit:
Off season stuff is fine to discuss I think without spoilers. Episode titles, casting decisions and all the other shit people talk about is fine. I'm mainly concerned with spoilers for leaked shows during the season, especially now that we're moving beyond the books.
Speaking of the shaw, went to the hall of shame looking for the Sam Deathwalker thread, and was really really sad to realize it didn't survive the reroll.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
What do you mean by episode descriptions? Are you talking about the little 2-3 sentence episode synopsis which are released weeks before the show? if so, How the fuck are those spoilers? They are written intentionally vague by the show producers and forwarded to shit like tv guide, cable networks, imdb etc.

Screen caps of unaired shows, fine. Shit that is readily available to any soccer mom at the checkout line at the grocery store a week before an episode airs is not a fucking spoiler in need of tags, and you are a faggot if you rule otherwise.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Sylas, for the spoiler thread, the only thing Draegan is saying needs to be spoiler'd are unwritten episode descriptions, which dont exist cause they are already filming, and leaked content (this years first 4 episodes). The first thing is literally a non factor, the 2nd will not matter until next year when shit is leaked again, then the thread will be swamped with the shit and ppl that are not idiots and dont want to have the shit spoiled, will not read the thread for a month (like I did this season to avoid spoilers after the leak).

Basically, it cleans up the shit fest until next year at least. So we can quit having people spoiler questions about potential spoiler questions in the spoiler thread when asking about spoilers that they are not certain are spoilers but are likely enough that a mod will think someone is spoiler'ing the spoiler thread with a lack of spoiler tags for the spoilers.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Sylas, for the spoiler thread, the only thing Draegan is saying needs to be spoiler'd are unwritten episode descriptions, which dont exist cause they are already filming, and leaked content (this years first 4 episodes). The first thing is literally a non factor, the 2nd will not matter until next year when shit is leaked again, then the thread will be swamped with the shit and ppl that are not idiots and dont want to have the shit spoiled, will not read the thread for a month (like I did this season to avoid spoilers after the leak).

Basically, it cleans up the shit fest until next year at least. So we can quit having people spoiler questions about potential spoiler questions in the spoiler thread when asking about spoilers that they are not certain are spoilers but are likely enough that a mod will think someone is spoiler'ing the spoiler thread with a lack of spoiler tags for the spoilers.
Remember HBO is doing their preview episodes differently from now on so we shouldn't have the 4 episode issue again.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Nah iirc draegan was one of the people crying about synopsis posts from imdb/dvr/tv guide channels being posted in the thread this season. And from his post it seems that is exactly what he talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.