Game Pass for Xbox and PC

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Funny, when I said that about the ND treatment, the studio that immediately came to mind for being at the head of the line was Santa Monica.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Let me know when they make a God of War on Xbox.

They already did and it was bad ass.

1615701722370.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They'll have better exclusives*, anything multi-plat I wouldn't even consider playing on PS5 at this point.

* - Until all their studios get the Naughty Dog treatment, which is pretty much inevitable considering that the Sony Soy Francisco office is 100% in charge now.
Japanese side fucks up hardware and its production moves to the the US. Now the US is fucking up software and it will have to move back to Japan thus completing the cycle.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Japanese side fucks up hardware and its production moves to the the US. Now the US is fucking up software and it will have to move back to Japan thus completing the cycle.
Completely fine with that. Sony has some great games.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Console/streaming, not PC it seems. :(

Oh well.

• 1Rustled

Vorph

PC Game Pass is impossible when the game isn't going to be on Windows Store at all.

Vorph

Or 3-4 months (depending on your luck) for $20 when Ultimate goes on sale at BB or Target.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I think I spent something like $150 back in like late 2019 for a sub that doesn't lapse until Jan 2022 back when you could stack months cheaply that combined your live sub w/ gamepass. I've ended up playing at least 30 games I wouldn't have touched otherwise just via the PC list and more when I was still using the console as well. Pretty solid value even at the regular price imo, but like all sub services it's probably best to just pick it up periodically than keep it month after month. It's definitely helped curb buying shit on steam sale and then never/rarely playing it =o

Game Pass for PC has kinda sucked if I'm being honest.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Outriders + OctoPath Traveler is pretty nuts, i think Octopath wasnt' even on xbox before so thats nice

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Deadfire being the Ultimate Edition on PC is a bit surprising, considering that Xbox got the DLCs for PoE1 and PC did not.

And yeah, Octopath Traveler and NieR Automata aren't even on the Windows Store at all right now, so looks like they'll be added to Game Pass as they're released (like Yakuza 6). Gives some hope that Outriders could be added sometime after release--from what I understand implementing support for Windows Store/DRM is a non-trivial task, so there's probably no time for PCF to do it while they're trying to slap together a day 1 patch.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
My issues with PC Game Pass is the PC windows game interface/app sucks and MS is still in the habit of breaking things with updates. Wish they had a gaming/xbox OS you could opt into or something. Because PC is annoying with windows hiding/restricting game install folders so logitech wheel software doesnt work, and breaking multiplayer connectivity over and over with their own games like Forza Horizon, and not having shared saves or crossplay. I used to think they were doing it intentionally to get people to migrate to xbox, but now they want people to game on PC too and still always step on their dicks.

• 1Like

Vorph

Yeah, Windows DRM is the fucking worst. Like NieR Automata coming to PC Game Pass is pointless because you won't be able to use mods like FAR that actually make the game playable on PC. Or Bloodstained, which is gone from Game Pass now, but was impossible to play in ultrawide resolutions because you can't even look at the game directories let alone modify an exe. The recent additions like Fallout 4 and Skyrim are the same way; hope you enjoy playing a Bethesda game without the vast majority of mods.

Good luck with that, you'd be better off playing it on XSX since a bunch of the Bethesda games just added to Xbox Game Pass now support 60 fps thanks to FPS Boost mode. Not just Bethesda's own games either, according to DF there's a massive improvement to both Prey and Dishonored as well:

(Supposedly Outer Worlds does too now, just in time for the final DLC release.)

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Gamepass' interface on PC is about 80% of the reason I cancelled. It's fucking godawful trying to navigate between games, install folders, etc. The price increase was the final push over the ledge I needed.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users