Game Pass for Xbox and PC

spronk

FPS noob
cool, GOG (CDPR/Witcher) will be an official Game Pass partner and let you install gamepass games and stuff from within the GOG 2.0 client

gog-galaxy-20_6069792.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
cool, GOG (CDPR/Witcher) will be an official Game Pass partner and let you install gamepass games and stuff from within the GOG 2.0 client

gog-galaxy-20_6069792.jpg

Microsoft came out swinging.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm not really seeing what the benefit is here. I mean, they can't let you install DRM-free versions of GamePass games, since you are supposed to lose access to them if you let the sub lapse.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm not really seeing what the benefit is here. I mean, they can't let you install DRM-free versions of GamePass games, since you are supposed to lose access to them if you let the sub lapse.

Witcher 3 for pc on gamepass is a benefit.

Vorph

Not that I really care since I bought Witcher 3 on day 1, and wouldn't play a DRM infested version (UWP makes modding a major headache, among other things) anyway... but I read the original German article and don't see anything about Witcher 3 on Gamepass.

It just sounds like they're making a much more robust version of "Add non-Steam game..." crossed with Discord functionality. Some plugins for other digital distro platforms will be official, like MS Store. Others will still work through unofficial plugins, maybe with some features missing. Cool, I suppose, especially since CDPR isn't overrun by SJWs like Discord is, but not really what I'd call major news.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
So what are the must plays on the PC only gamepass? I have been playing a bit of Into the Breach and Wargroove. Will probably do hollow knight for sure.

spronk

FPS noob
The offer to convert to gamepass ultimate expires in a few days, its one of the best gaming deals in a long time ($40-60/yr for something that costs $180). could be even better if xCloud gets folded into ultimate when it is announced this fall.

i listed it in OP but the best thing to do is build up 12-35 months of games with gold ($40-60/yr) THEN convert, you will get full amount of ultimate which is basically doubling your spent money. even better if you have tons of microsoft reward points or sony rewards or samsung etc to get it "for free".

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

July 17

Night Call
(Xbox Game Pass PC, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)
A corrupt detective plans to pin a series of murders on you unless you can aid the investigation. As a cab driver working the Paris night shift, pick up passengers, listen to their emotion-fueled stories, and gather clues to solve the mystery in three unique cases.

July 18

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
(Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)
A first-rate gaming experience as players are offered tactical freedom to carry out open-world missions as the iconic Snake (a.k.a. Big Boss) in the latest entry of the long-running Metal Gear series.

The Banner Saga 3 (Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass for PC, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)
The final dramatic chapter in this critically acclaimed Viking RPG series. As the world continues to crumble around you, how will you protect your allies and what choices will you make as the Darkness draws near?

July 25

For the King
(Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass PC, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)
None before you have returned from their journey; can you put an end to the Chaos? A strategic RPG that blends tabletop and roguelike elements in a challenging adventure in either single-player or online and local co-op.

Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition (Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass for PC, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)
Play the legendary fighting game with stunning 60fps visuals, over-the-top action, a wild cast of combatants, rocking reactive music, and c-c-c-combo breakers! Includes all 26 characters from Seasons 1-3.

Read more at Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Resident Evil 4, and More - Xbox Wire

spronk

FPS noob
3 months of game pass PC is $4.99 (discount from $14.99), not bad if you just wanna play gears 5 and a few other pc gp games. not really sure what happens for xbox, if you already have gamepass, etc

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Should we generic up the title of this thread a little and have just one for updates to Origin / UPlay+ / Game Pass (and later perhaps Stadia, Xcloud, etc) ?

UPlay+ is entering it's free trial month today. You can try Ubisoft's Uplay+ gaming subscription for free today

The Uplay+ service gives gamers access to a library of more than 100 Ubisoft games, includes fan-favorite series like all the Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Prince of Persia and Rayman games, as well as recent releases like Far Cry: New Dawn, Trials Rising and Tom Clancy's The Division 2.​
Subscribers will have access to premium editions and will also be automatically included in beta and early access programs. This includes the closed beta for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint, starting on September 5th, and the opportunity to play Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint Ultimate Edition on October 1st, with three-day early access.​
The service costs $14.99 per month, and if you want to try it out before you commit there's a free trial running from September 3rd to September 30th. You can sign up at uplayplus.com.​

Vorph

Regardless of the other stuff, GR Breakpoint Ultimate Edition should be worth a month's sub. Beats paying $60 for standard, since I'm sure as hell not paying full price for the ultimate extras.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I already own so much of their library, it's hard to justify for just the catalog. I am interested enough in their regular releases though to give a shot for now.

This would be the first sub I drop if gaming time or interest decreases, just less value than Origin / Game Pass for me. Interested in what the partnership w/ Stadia brings, too.