Game Pass for Xbox and PC

spronk

FPS noob
yeah ubisoft releases so few games and they go on sale SO FAST that it seems kinda retarded to pay more than $30/yr for anything of theirs. just wait 3 months and their games are 75% off. they have the ghost recon game coming out soon, then the next one is watch dogs 3 in March 2020 then i guess Skullbones may come out sometime in 2020 and ... not a lot past that? Obviously another assassins creed, far cry, and probably Splinter Cell but no dates on any of that afaik.

the only exception i can think of is if it works with stadia and you travel like a LOT then it would be kinda cool playing PC games at home and then the same games on stadia on the road. the caveats are however afaik uPlay+ is not cross play, i'm not even sure if subbing to the PC version gets you the stadia version or if thats an extra cost, and I don't think saves are cross system so progress is all independent.

be careful paying for anything uplay+ today, i saw some people report they signed up for the free trial and got charged instead

spronk

FPS noob
gamepass ultimate is $2 for 2 months for new subs only, Gears of War 5 launches tomorrow for people with ultimate so pretty easy sub. pay $2 now, play GOW (1-5 are all on GP), play some Halo and Forza, PC or xbox

i played GOW4 the last 3 days, took like 10 hours to finish the campaign. not great, not bad, kinda fun, but ready to play GOW5

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah only just got into Gears 4 hode mode over the last couple weekends, was a lot of fun. Will be playing a lot of Gears 5 I think.

For Origin Premier subs:
- FIFA up, releases next week
- New Plants vs Zombies game is live

spronk

FPS noob
this is a little complicated but you can get 1 year of gamepass ultimate for $20 buying Rockstar energy drinks at walmart. You can read more about it here

you have to create multiple rockstar website accounts, you get like 1+1 week with can code + receipt code and stack it all up. You do have to open up the cans (its under the tab) so I passed on doing this, I think i'd die drinking 20 energy drinks plus I'm already at 3 years of Ultimate and thats the max you can have.

Its only the rockstar cans with the gears of war logo I guess, make sure you read the steps above if you plan on following through since it involves a few steps.

Personally I think the simpler method is just buying 3 years of GWG at costco for $95 and then convert that to gamepass ultimate, it goes 1:1 for a new conversion. But if you have a bunch of coworkers who want Rockstar drinks, well

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
this is a little complicated but you can get 1 year of gamepass ultimate for $20 buying Rockstar energy drinks at walmart. You can read more about it here

you have to create multiple rockstar website accounts, you get like 1+1 week with can code + receipt code and stack it all up. You do have to open up the cans (its under the tab) so I passed on doing this, I think i'd die drinking 20 energy drinks plus I'm already at 3 years of Ultimate and thats the max you can have.

Its only the rockstar cans with the gears of war logo I guess, make sure you read the steps above if you plan on following through since it involves a few steps.

Personally I think the simpler method is just buying 3 years of GWG at costco for $95 and then convert that to gamepass ultimate, it goes 1:1 for a new conversion. But if you have a bunch of coworkers who want Rockstar drinks, well
37 cans is all it takes to get 3 years, after the $2 for 2 month UGP conversion. That conversion deal ends 09/20, so only a couple more days to get this deal for that. The codes under the Rockstar tabs are going until end of November or something like that.

spronk

FPS noob
people were saying walmart stopped printing codes on receipts so ^ might be dead

new games coming to Gamepass, bloodstained and Jump Force are two games i've been wanting to play so this is pretty awesome
EEv7TUdUUAAkdRO.jpg

Still can get ultimate for $2 if you haven't done it yet, its a no brainer

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Bloodstained is really good. Too bad I have it already!

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Bloodstained is really good. Too bad I have it already!

If you're looking for a 2d fix Hollow Knight is on game pass. Gave it a shot last month and loved it. It can be a bit frustrating at first but once you get your dash and wall climb the game becomes amazing. I'm at about 30 hours played and just have the optional full boss rush to complete I'd put it up there with a souls game in terms of exploring and narative.

• 1Like

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Just signed up for this since a 1 month trial is only $1. Is there no way to use a controller with these games? DS4 specifically. Works perfectly fine with Steam and in Windows in general, does nothing inside games running in the Xbox app. I was interested to try out Bloodstained but it does not seem like a game I'm going to enjoy with mouse+kb. I even tried to add the game to Steam as a non Steam game to see if that could be a work around, but apparently game pass games do not put an .exe anywhere for you to add?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just signed up for this since a 1 month trial is only $1. Is there no way to use a controller with these games? DS4 specifically. Works perfectly fine with Steam and in Windows in general, does nothing inside games running in the Xbox app. I was interested to try out Bloodstained but it does not seem like a game I'm going to enjoy with mouse+kb. I even tried to add the game to Steam as a non Steam game to see if that could be a work around, but apparently game pass games do not put an .exe anywhere for you to add?

get a Elite and thank me later bro

just ask spronk spronk jooka jooka Soygen Soygen

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
elite v2 with bluetooth support comes out in 3 weeks, i'd wait for that personally. its expensive as fuck tho ($200 basically), might be a good deal on black friday

there are ways to get DS4s to work in most games, you have to fuck with programs like ds4windows which makes games think you have a 360 controller. i dunno, i guess if money is tight then thats an option but me, i'd say just get an xbox one controller and use that instead. they go on sale for $35-40 regularly. If your PC has bluetooth it'll just work, if it doesn't you can buy a dongle for a few bucks on amazon. if you're made out of money and eat regularly at Chipotle then get the elite, its really nice

• 1Like

Vorph

I use a 8bitdo SN30 Pro+ for PC games now, but I grabbed the DS4 I have to keep around for Remote Play still and DS4Windows works fine with Bloodstained on XGP, both wired and Bluetooth.

I remember why I hate MS' shitty DRM now too. There's probably no way to get at the exe in order to patch the game for ultrawide support like you can through GOG and Steam, and by default the game is a mess on a 21:9 screen.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I use a 8bitdo SN30 Pro+ for PC games now, but I grabbed the DS4 I have to keep around for Remote Play still and DS4Windows works fine with Bloodstained on XGP, both wired and Bluetooth.

I remember why I hate MS' shitty DRM now too. There's probably no way to get at the exe in order to patch the game for ultrawide support like you can through GOG and Steam, and by default the game is a mess on a 21:9 screen.

How is the D-Pad on the SN30 pro+?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I kinda want the new Elite but my first one still works perfectly fine. Also, I'm not sure the brooks x one adapter will work with v2. Since I use the elite for PS4, XBox and PC I'm not sure I could even use a DS4 these days without some getting used to it time.

EDIT the adjustable thumbstick tension on the new Elite is what is drawing me in to buy it, the trigger adjustments as well.

Last edited:

Vorph

How is the D-Pad on the SN30 pro+?
Excellent, I prefer it over the Switch Pro controller when I'm playing that too. Just be sure to look for the "G Classic" version if you want the best one, since the texturing is different on its d-pad for some unknown reason.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Also, Thrustmaster has an interesting PS4/PC controller coming out. Looks pretty slick. I'm not seeing a way to pre order for the US tho.