Game Pass for Xbox and PC

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Fuck me I broke down and paid $15 for avengers last weekend becouse I got high and wanted to toss a Mjolnir.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's a ton of content for $15, let alone free. Rough launch but worth playing through some of the story stuff for anyone who's remotely a fan.

spronk

FPS noob

if everyone was paying MSRP that'd be $450m/month Microsoft is making from gamepass. Of course tons of us have discounts, etc but over time the price people pay will approach MSRP, thats nearly $6 billion a year Microsoft might be pulling from gamepass and it'll just keep growing.

By comparison something like Fortnite earns around $5 billion a year.

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
if everyone was paying MSRP that'd be $450m/month Microsoft is making from gamepass....

I doubt that most subs are doing the same, but I paid $1 for my first month and each month since has been free with about 5 mins/day spent completing Microsoft Rewards daily quests. such value!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I doubt that most subs are doing the same, but I paid $1 for my first month and each month since has been free with about 5 mins/day spent completing Microsoft Rewards daily quests. such value!
Probably a fraction of a percent of subs. There are options like that out there for the price conscious though, absolutely.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
yeah, I dont doubt that I'm an outlier.
my buddy has gamepass for himself and his two preteen boys, and pays full ticket for all 3.
I've been trying to convince him to take the 5 mins to get set up and start his dailies, and make his boys do theirs too if they want to keep the service.
Youd' think I was asking him to go to the dentist or something... dude's draggin his feet... I just want to save him some bux since he pays for a few private servers on top of that.

can't give money away!

• 2Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I do some of the MS Rewards, but mostly just spend it on DLC type stuff. Or even full games... I think I have something like 65000 points at the moment. For GamePass itself, I just grab three or four 3-month codes (depending on whether or not MS is running their 3+1 promo for turning on recurring billing) when they're on sale for $20 or less on Black Friday/right before Xmas.

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
yeah, I dont doubt that I'm an outlier.
my buddy has gamepass for himself and his two preteen boys, and pays full ticket for all 3.
I've been trying to convince him to take the 5 mins to get set up and start his dailies, and make his boys do theirs too if they want to keep the service.
Youd' think I was asking him to go to the dentist or something... dude's draggin his feet... I just want to save him some bux since he pays for a few private servers on top of that.

can't give money away!
or people value their time more than you do.

5 min / day = 150 min a month, 2.5 hours spent to save $15

• 1Dislike
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
One guy I know gets interested/excited every time we talk about Xbox and rewards. Several day one Game Pass games he paid full price for, subs full price, etc., but he just doesn't care enough to bother.

He has a sub to every streaming service in existence, then complains about money, then is impressed because I've put $300 towards a series x, a racing wheel, the wireless headphones from rewards money, and an expansion storage from my girlfriend's account. Then he complains about having to buy all the same shit for his kid. Then he goes home, sits around clicking non-rewards shit on his phone, and the cycle repeats.

Or maybe him sitting through most family functions clicking shit on his phone is him valuing his time in a way I just can't understand.

Xbox is a hobby that at this point for me pays for itself through minimal effort with the rewards program. Others don't care to bother. It can be as simple as that without rationalizing some grand statement about people valuing their precious time more than others... as we discuss shit on a gaming forum lol.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Dailies in MMO are cancer enough, and a lot of people already have their fill of IRL dailies not to add freaking Xbox dailies on top.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
nice, been thinking about playing Scarlet Nexus and Somnium Files but now i can without even paying an extra penny

Tokyo Game Show is happening and stuff getting announced there

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
nice, been thinking about playing Scarlet Nexus and Somnium Files but now i can without even paying an extra penny

Tokyo Game Show is happening and stuff getting announced there

Great, 1 massive failure and a bunch of weeb shit

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
spronk spronk know of any good game pass deals? Wife signed up for ultimate $1 to play Diablo online since you need live (so fucking stupid).

spronk

FPS noob
let your ultimate month run out, then go buy 2-3 years of xbox gold - like $40-50/yr at most places - and then load 3 years of gold and convert to ultimate again for $1 (will work again once it expires). 2-3 years of ultimate then for $120 or less.

there are things like buying cheezits and getting 2 weeks ultimate codes but i dont really fuck with junk food

There will be a FUCK ton of deals coming in soon to coincide with Forza Horizon 5 (nov) and Halo Infinite (dec) so can just wait around till then.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Target had the 3-month Ultimate gift cards for $20 last Holiday season. I loaded up on them.

spronk

FPS noob
12 months gold is $50 at newegg, only worth it if you aren't ultimate yet since gold->ult converts at 1:1. If you are already ultimate, this will only give you like 6 months of ultimate