Game Pass for Xbox and PC

Fucker

Log Wizard
High on Life is out on gamepass, watched a few mins of a stream and hilariously they let you watch 4 full movies inside the game on TVs or in apparently a theater. Tammy and the T-Rex is an awesome movie

seems like a game though you really need to be high to play
Cool idea, but the fuzzy graphics and the jumping puzzles got to me.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
High on Life is out on gamepass, watched a few mins of a stream and hilariously they let you watch 4 full movies inside the game on TVs or in apparently a theater. Tammy and the T-Rex is an awesome movie

seems like a game though you really need to be high to play
Damn. Didn't realize Tobacco did the soundtrack. He was first made famous by the Silicon Valley theme. Dude has a super original lo-fi retro style.

spronk

FPS noob
known games coming to gamepass in 2023

Fi-A9jIXoAQA4WP

i think the diablo 4 thing is assuming the activision deal closes by then, i really like how they pretty much all come to PC gamepass now too and it runs a LOT better on PCs now, no more UWP bullshit so it doesn't fuck up your drive leaving uninstall able bullshit or anything.

i'm not SUPER hyped for any of them but i will probably check out a ton of them

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Stranded Deep just hit pc gamepass, survival crafting game that caught my eye a while back but I never wanted to pull the trigger on it because of how big my backlog is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Stranded Deep just hit pc gamepass, survival crafting game that caught my eye a while back but I never wanted to pull the trigger on it because of how big my backlog is.

I have it. It isn’t that good on console but probably runs a lot better on PC.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Mist Mist I forgot BF2042 was on gamepass. I will give it a shot. I loaded it up. When you normally play?

EDIT:

Ummm. All my BF settings/binds are already in place! I must have played this in beta or some shit.

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I have it. It isn’t that good on console but probably runs a lot better on PC.

Ok I downloaded on PC. Sweet Christ the game is SO much better on PC because they never did a console update for Series X or keep up with all the features.

PC is the way to go with this one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Mist Mist I forgot BF2042 was on gamepass. I will give it a shot. I loaded it up. When you normally play?

EDIT:

Ummm. All my BF settings/binds are already in place! I must have played this in beta or some shit.
I been playin some BF2042 a bit here and there, FOH_Nemesis on EA
get at me

spronk

FPS noob

microsoft is doing an event thing jan 25th to talk about new games and probably some version of Ubisoft+ (cheapest tier?) being added to Game Pass, theyve already said Starfield will NOT be talked about then but in a future event just for starfield (which also seems to suggest the game is gonna get delayed again from Q1 2023)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Starfield is going no where fast. The fucking idiots are trying to use their hacked up version of Gamebryo for space flight and it's a fucking train wreck. I wouldn't be surprised if they shit can space flight all together and add it as paid for DLC because Bethesda is a bunch of cuckfucks.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Gamebryo is in fact dogshit. It was the main reason Warhammer Online felt like glue to play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Microsoft keeps nerfing gamepass rewards. Last month it was 1,000 for quest completionist. Now it’s 500.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Microsoft keeps nerfing gamepass rewards. Last month it was 1,000 for quest completionist. Now it’s 500.
MS sales and profits are down, but Xbox and Gamepass have been growing ridiculously fast as they've been giving away tons of value to grow subscriptions.
soon, they are going to hike the price for gamepass. meanwhile, they are reducing the amount of Rewards you earn and can redeem instead of paying cash for your sub. it sucks, but it makes sense... they've been giving gamepass away for years, and it's an insane value if you have a backlog and don't mind playing games a bit later than launch

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Redeeming points for your GPU sub has always been a terrible deal, even before they jacked the point cost up. Unless you literally never buy anything off their store, it's far better to auto-redeem $10 store credit each month and just use real money on Eneba or CDkeys to get your GPU sub for cheap. (Cheap being relative there, I guess... still better than redeeming points but it's almost double the price today compared to the last time I topped off my sub.)

• 2Like

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Redeeming points for your GPU sub has always been a terrible deal, even before they jacked the point cost up. Unless you literally never buy anything off their store, it's far better to auto-redeem $10 store credit each month and just use real money on Eneba or CDkeys to get your GPU sub for cheap. (Cheap being relative there, I guess... still better than redeeming points but it's almost double the price today compared to the last time I topped off my sub.)
you're not wrong, it's inefficient, but I still don't mind spending 2 mins a day to earn and redeem rewards points for PC Gamepass. I paid $1 in August 2021 and not a penny to MS since, except for a wireless controller. It'd definitely be wise to get the annual or longer passes when they go on sale, tho, as the points are losing value quickly.

spronk

FPS noob
MS Rewards added a bunch of extra shit to make up for the nerfs, currently you make more if you do it all but its more effort. simple things tho

- run the xbox app (not gamepass, xbox) on mobile (ios/android) and click on your profile in bottom right, there are 3 new tasks you do daily that earns like 180 points or so. play a level of jewel inside the xbox app (~2 mins), just run the app, and then on a pc run solitaire on the xbox app and close it (takes 5 mins to reg, another 120 or so points). oh also have 7+ friends on your xbox friends list

- some new shopping game if you go to bing.com and click on shopping tab, i don't bother but its like 100 points a day extra. something about fitness videos too.

- gaming tab on edge browser gives you 50 points extra a day

just sticking to simple search and daily stuff still is ~15k pts/month which is just enough to auto redeem a month of ultimate. i'd rather use "free" rewards point for ultimate than discount real money on eneba/etc, but i rarely actually buy games on my xbox anyways. Have over 300k ($300) rewards points stacked for the Xbox Series Pro X Ultimate X 420 Blunt edition.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I find that stuff sometimes doesn't load for me (edge, no extensions - but just installed the rewards one). The current This or That for example just takes me to a search for Xbox Games and... no quiz, nothing. There goes the current streak.

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
MS Rewards added a bunch of extra shit to make up for the nerfs, currently you make more if you do it all but its more effort. simple things tho

- run the xbox app (not gamepass, xbox) on mobile (ios/android) and click on your profile in bottom right, there are 3 new tasks you do daily that earns like 180 points or so. play a level of jewel inside the xbox app (~2 mins), just run the app, and then on a pc run solitaire on the xbox app and close it (takes 5 mins to reg, another 120 or so points). oh also have 7+ friends on your xbox friends list

- some new shopping game if you go to bing.com and click on shopping tab, i don't bother but its like 100 points a day extra. something about fitness videos too.

- gaming tab on edge browser gives you 50 points extra a day

just sticking to simple search and daily stuff still is ~15k pts/month which is just enough to auto redeem a month of ultimate. i'd rather use "free" rewards point for ultimate than discount real money on eneba/etc, but i rarely actually buy games on my xbox anyways. Have over 300k ($300) rewards points stacked for the Xbox Series Pro X Ultimate X 420 Blunt edition.
I joined the rewards program after it is finally available in my country, but I don't get anything in the xbox app or gamepass app > no quests ... do I have to do something in addition to get this part ? ( I have gamepass ultimate subscription running)

spronk

FPS noob
its country dependent, you can look at r/MicrosoftRewards to see what other people in your country can do. since a lot of this is driven by advertising, if your country is pretty small its unlikely microsoft is gonna give you much.