Game Pass for Xbox and PC

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
its country dependent, you can look at r/MicrosoftRewards to see what other people in your country can do. since a lot of this is driven by advertising, if your country is pretty small its unlikely microsoft is gonna give you much.
well, Microsoft even did a marketing video in our region (Austria & Switzerland) including the quests to be used, so it should be there ... but since I joined (2 days ago) I don't see it on the console, gamepass app or xbox app ... could it be that it takes "several" days before it shows up in those systems ? ( I openend a ticket with MS, but this might take months ;) )

I found some info that I need to install the Microsoft Rewards app in XBOX ... so I try that later but it should be there in the app on my mobile phone or ?

spronk

FPS noob
nah they are all different, its confusing as hell

MS Rewards app on xbox - unique, has stuff the other things dont have including streaks, punchcards, and 50 points a day for getting an achievement
gamepass mobile app - has the gamepass ultimate quests (few points) for turnin but must do them actually on an xbox or PC. also lets you see new gamepass games, remote install
xbox mobile app - has jewel/play a PC game rewards, click your profile in the bottom right to see them (still rolling out so may not be there for your account)
xbox windows 10/11 app - similar to xbox mobile app
xbox streaming app - lets you cloud stream your own xbox

one of the above also lets you play xcloud games. its kind of a mess having so much shit around, PLUS beta versions of all the above

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If you have not played Persona 4 golden, its on gamepass for PC and Console. I played it on my old Vita - was awesome fun but got side tracked.

cradeg

Molten Core Raider

MS Rewards app on xbox - unique, has stuff the other things dont have including streaks, punchcards, and 50 points a day for getting an achievement
gamepass mobile app - has the gamepass ultimate quests (few points) for turnin but must do them actually on an xbox or PC. also lets you see new gamepass games, remote install
xbox mobile app - has jewel/play a PC game rewards, click your profile in the bottom right to see them (still rolling out so may not be there for your account)

one of the above also lets you play xcloud games. its kind of a mess having so much shit around, PLUS beta versions of all the above
I think I found the issue and it is related, as you said, to the country

When I go to the rewards page for Germany ( Belohnen Sie sich und tun Sie Gutes mit Microsoft Rewards ) I can see the message for "play XBOX games to earn rewards". When I go to the page of Austria ( Belohnen Sie sich selbst und tun Sie Gutes mit Microsoft Rewards ) I only see Bing & Edge to earn points.

So even that XBOX DACH ( DACH = short cut for Germany, Austria, Switzerland ) makes 4 months ago a video on youtube () to advertise it for Austria & Switzerland > it is not implemented.

At least I can stop searching now.

p.s. I can't even find the MS Rewards App in the XBOX Store on my XBOX ( not showing up at all)
update II : even I did the bing & edge rewards since a few days it also shows 0 days of streak .... what a "sh!t" program, crazy how to make things broken and unclear.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
Played a bit of Hi Fi Rush which had a shock announcement and drop yesterday after Microsoft's conference. Usually I can't stand rhythm games, its the one thing in Yakuza I hate (karaoke) but I really enjoyed the 1-2 hours I played today. Got 2 levels under my belt, I fucking suck at rhythm games and have absolutely no sense of beats and they really go super easy on you in noob mode.

game reminds me a LOT of crazy taxi or sunset overdrive although that was insomniac i believe, this team did The Evil Within 1 & 2 and Ghostwire Tokyo, this game is so wildly different

awesome fun goofy irreverent quirky short game, its on gamepass so why the fuck not. i love games that announce and release on the same day, and team looks pretty cool too no fucking retarded blue hair usual modern shit in here

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I am 97% English/Irish by genetics (thanks 23&me!) and I have absolutely no rhythm whatsoever... yet I actually had fun playing through the first part of this up to and including the first boss fight. Not my cup of tea by any means, but GamePass means I gave it a shot and its entertaining.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Played a bit of Hi Fi Rush which had a shock announcement and drop yesterday after Microsoft's conference. Usually I can't stand rhythm games, its the one thing in Yakuza I hate (karaoke) but I really enjoyed the 1-2 hours I played today. Got 2 levels under my belt, I fucking suck at rhythm games and have absolutely no sense of beats and they really go super easy on you in noob mode.

game reminds me a LOT of crazy taxi or sunset overdrive although that was insomniac i believe, this team did The Evil Within 1 & 2 and Ghostwire Tokyo, this game is so wildly different

awesome fun goofy irreverent quirky short game, its on gamepass so why the fuck not. i love games that announce and release on the same day, and team looks pretty cool too no fucking retarded blue hair usual modern shit in here

Make sure those masks are on you fucking pussies. Oh wait that might be in Japan right?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
RDR 1 on a series X is absolutely amazing and a great game, its the only 360 game I played though. microsoft put in higher draw distances, anti aliasing, and a lot more stuff that makes it look and play great. sadly its still capped at 30 fps and it seems unlikely a PC version will ever come out

This looks so much better. Unfortunately all I have is the PS3 version and the visuals are washed-out like the image on the right. It's such a good game and I wish it had a PS4+ version, cause the existing graphics sell it short. While we're at it I'm amazed GTA4 is also still stuck on the island of PS3 and hasn't gotten an upgrade. PS3 gen games...do not look good anymore now on large TVs. Not nearly as good as we remember, anyway.

1674842125384.png

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
PC Gamer is as bad as Kotaku or Polygon.

I used to read all those sites regularly, not for a long time though. I remember popping on Kotaku and Polygon for the first time in a while back in 2020 or so when I was looking for info on something or other, only to get blasted with a bunch of political headlines (roughly half of which I identified as not even being true).

If I wanted to get blasted with half-true activist opinion pieces, I'd turn on MSNBC. Funny thing is, as a long-time liberal-leaning person myself, I probably agree with a lot of what they're saying, but the fact that none of the above seem to be able to stop fuckin' lying really kind of takes the wind out of anything I might actually agree with them on.

Anyway stay tuned for our next article, about how Elden Ring is trans-oppressive and the game industry needs to change after The Murder of George Floyd. Also: Goldeneye 007 is back! But first, that murderer Kyle Rittenhouse's home address!

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
wild hearts is coming out feb 16th, never heard of the game its an EA game so will have an EA trial but some people on twitter are saying it will also be on game pass on release

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
wild hearts is coming out feb 16th, never heard of the game its an EA game so will have an EA trial but some people on twitter are saying it will also be on game pass on release

Looks like Monster Hunt with step ladders...

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

The Bing This or That quiz today was about dinosaurs. :)

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
February is a pretty hot month for Gamepass.

Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord (all platforms)
Cities: Skylines Remastered (Xbox)
Shadow Warrior 3 Definitive Edition (all platforms)
Atomic Heart (all platforms)

I'm still having fun with Mechwarrior 5, which is pretty damn cool.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Mount and Blade felt too clunky on horse iny 20 minutes of dicking around. Just made me want to ride around in Elden Ring. Does it get to feeling better?

Atomic Heart looks fun with a quirky world.

spronk

FPS noob

playing atomic hearts now its really neat and fun albeit janky and weird. soul hackers 2 is awesome, thought about buying that game but now i dont have to

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
anyone able to find a link to redeem points for a 1 month sub of PC Gamepass?

rewards.microsoft.com seems to have moved or removed the link to redeem PC Gamepass for 7750 points, now all I can find is Gamepass Ultimate for 35k points.

I wonder if those sneaky fuckers are retiring point redemption for PC gamepass entirely?

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
anyone able to find a link to redeem points for a 1 month sub of PC Gamepass?

rewards.microsoft.com seems to have moved or removed the link to redeem PC Gamepass for 7750 points, now all I can find is Gamepass Ultimate for 35k points.

I wonder if those sneaky fuckers are retiring point redemption for PC gamepass entirely?
Huh... looks like it happened two weeks ago. It does look like it's been removed for the Ultimate option only, but it cost 12k points with level 2 for one month.
Checking this reddit thread someone said it happens sometimes and may come back, but at the bottom someone else mentions it's been removed for the 12k option, and even that has been removed for the 35k, which we both seem to have.
Well that sucks, I was planning on getting the pass soon for pc only....