Gaming and general purpose monitors

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Setting up new desk over the weekend and this happened. Guess I'm looking for a new main gaming monitor now. This was a good monitor but the BS needed (for the most part) to get games to work using the whole monitor wasn't worth the effort. I think I'm going with a decent fast 4K monitor next.

20220403_123534 - Copy (Large).jpg

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1WTF
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Setting up new desk over the weekend and this happened. Guess I'm looking for a new main gaming monitor now. This was a good monitor but the BS needed (for the most part) to get games to work using the whole monitor wasn't worth the effort. I think I'm going with a decent fast 4K monitor next.

View attachment 406367
That'll buff out.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
That'll buff out.
That's what I told my wife.
Just pulled the trigger on a gigabyte M32U, should be here by weeks end. Hopefully my 2080ti won't struggle too bad on it but if it does , time for new video card shopping! Prices are supposed to start going down anyway.

Argarth

On the verandah
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Still gaming on my CX48 and cant imagine using anything else - Considering the QDOLED but not sure i want to downgrade from 4k to 1440p. I may do the C2 42 since it will be 144hz over the 120 but as its priced the same as the 48 i may just do another 48.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's what I told my wife.
Just pulled the trigger on a gigabyte M32U, should be here by weeks end. Hopefully my 2080ti won't struggle too bad on it but if it does , time for new video card shopping! Prices are supposed to start going down anyway.
We're Gigabyte bros!! Mine shows up tomorrow!

• 1Like

Crone

Oh jeez, it's so much screen space. 4k is insane! I've gotta figure out a good balance because I gotta be honest right now most text is too small. I know I can use Windows 10 zoom, but does that screw up games where it tries to zoom them as well?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh jeez, it's so much screen space. 4k is insane! I've gotta figure out a good balance because I gotta be honest right now most text is too small. I know I can use Windows 10 zoom, but does that screw up games where it tries to zoom them as well?
Older games can get screwed up, but newer software either handles it or you can change DPI settings in the properties to follow your Windows settings.

SWTOR for instance has an ancient engine where the character select screen and some interface windows do not scale at all, they will totally ignore any global sliders. So at 4K they're tiny.

Crone

Older games can get screwed up, but newer software either handles it or you can change DPI settings in the properties to follow your Windows settings.

SWTOR for instance has an ancient engine where the character select screen and some interface windows do not scale at all, they will totally ignore any global sliders. So at 4K they're tiny.
Yea, I wouldn't want games or otherwise zoomed in, so maybe I have to just use zoom inside the programs themselves, like website zoom with Chrome.

Crone

Huge deals at Newegg for C1 OLED's. Clearing out stock before the new models come soon. Discounts + 4 year warranty thrown in.

I saw the 55" C1 for $1096, 48" for 996.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Use the Windows DPI Scaling, no it will not fuck up 99% of games, and the 1% it does fuck up can be run in compatibility mode.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Huge deals at Newegg for C1 OLED's. Clearing out stock before the new models come soon. Discounts + 4 year warranty thrown in.

I saw the 55" C1 for $1096, 48" for 996.
oh man... considering this... I've got an 11 year old Sony KDL40EX720 in the bedroom that I've been dying to replace.
I was planning to get the C2 42 or 48", but the price for the C1 is almost compelling enough to get me to bite.
Of course, FOMO and the relatively low cost delta will make me get the new one.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Mine was supposed to come today when I ordered it buy UPS has other ideas. Hopefully they can be bothered to deliver it tomorrow.

Crone

GODDAMN THING SHOWED UP DOA ! I can't win.
Wait wait wait, I thought the same thing. Did you flip the switch next to the power plug? The thing has 2 power buttons and it's dumb as fuck.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Pretty sure my desktop @4k is set to 125%. However I don’t keep icons on my desktop and I have second smaller screen for web browsing.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Wait wait wait, I thought the same thing. Did you flip the switch next to the power plug? The thing has 2 power buttons and it's dumb as fuck.
So WHY is there a power toggle on the back of the monitor?! Of course I didn't. I was 2.5 hours from my house when I read your reply yesterday and thought 'WTF'. Of course this is after I RMA'd the damn thing and ordered a replacement. So I guess I have (2) monitors now. Also, thanks!

• 1Like