Gaming and general purpose monitors

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I went with dual 32" LG Ultragear ‎32GR93U-B 4k monitors. I was worried about the "bad" blacks but it looks 100 times better than my old monitors so I'm happy. First HDR monitors too, really freaking nice looking but now I'm going to need a better vid card. I lost about 50% performance with this upgrade.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Anyone running dual 34" monitors? If so how do you arrange them? I'm assuming side by side is not viable but what about stacked one above the other?

I cannot figure out what to get but I know I don't want any OLED due to the amount of spreadsheet work I have to do.

I have my 2 34inch monitors stacked on top of each other. Tried the side by side and turning one in portrait. Prefer this much better.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I have my 2 34inch monitors stacked on top of each other. Tried the side by side and turning one in portrait. Prefer this much better.

I ended up getting 2x 32" non-ultra widescreen IPS monitors. I'm happy with my choice.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Enjoying my 45 oled and 32 oled - had the corsair snice before release and still not a smidge of burn in - but it came with 3 year warranty i think anyways.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
PG27AQN is down to $749 on Amazon. This is an all-time low. Not sure if ROG is getting ready to refresh/drop a new model or what.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
PG27AQN is down to $749 on Amazon. This is an all-time low. Not sure if ROG is getting ready to refresh/drop a new model or what.
I had it, or the other one just like it, and now it looks like a joke compared an OLED. Find some promo and buy the Dell 27" OLED instead.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I had it, or the other one just like it, and now it looks like a joke compared an OLED. Find some promo and buy the Dell 27" OLED instead.

I'm really paranoid about burn-in and willing to sacrifice a little image quality for longevity. I held my last 1080p monitor (Nixeus VUE-24A; still works great other than a goofy gamma curve) for about 9 years, and I play a fair amount of games where there are static elements, so I'm not sure that OLED is the best choice for my use case.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm really paranoid about burn-in and willing to sacrifice a little image quality for longevity. I held my last 1080p monitor (Nixeus VUE-24A; still works great other than a goofy gamma curve) for about 9 years, and I play a fair amount of games where there are static elements, so I'm not sure that OLED is the best choice for my use case.
The Dell has a 3-year burn-in warranty.

I played a shitload of classic WoW with static hotbars, and spend the rest of my time in Microsoft Word on the same PC, and no issues on my 1st gen Samsung panel so far after a year.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I will say, I keep the brightness very low in SDR mode, because I do not like bright screens. That may have a lot to do with my lack of burn-in. But even at low brightness, the contrast is infinitely better than even the best IPS panels.