Gaming and general purpose monitors

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So, I can get 240 dollars off the new Dell 32-inch QD-OLED.

But do I really need yet another premium monitor?!?

Do I?
It's a very good monitor, 240 off seems like a deal. I got $100 back from them for delaying my shipping a week but I think it's worth full price.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So, I can get 240 dollars off the new Dell 32-inch QD-OLED.

But do I really need yet another premium monitor?!?

Do I?
All the time I think about buying a second oled monitor. Not because I need it, but because fuck it.

I haven't though, and I doubt I will.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone has experience with the Dell/Alienware OLED monitors? My biggest concern with them is burn in but I read with the new QD-OLED models burn in is no longer is an issue.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Anyone has experience with the Dell/Alienware OLED monitors? My biggest concern with them is burn in but I read with the new QD-OLED models burn in is no longer is an issue.
It's still an issue. They're still good. You are sacrificing certain qualities and lifespan for contrast and colors. Relying on organic materials means that they will eventually go bad. If you're a once a decade buyer it's not the right choice. If you're going to upgrade every 3-5 years it probably won't matter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No issues.

Amazing monitors

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
All the Dell OLEDs have amazing warranties to back them up.

I'll be lucky if my Samsung G8 lasts much past the first year. It has so many weird, frustrating bugs already.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I went ahead and ordered the AW3423DWF model from Bestbuy for $799 for pickup tomorrow instead of Dell which they had the same exact model for $899. They had a newer model for $1099 and it had G sync versus the one I bought which has AMD Freesync. I have a Nvidia 3090 but I was reading that many other people have Nvidia cards and it worked perfectly with AMD Freesync and experienced no issues at all.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I went ahead and ordered the AW3423DWF model from Bestbuy for $799 for pickup tomorrow instead of Dell which they had the same exact model for $899. They had a newer model for $1099 and it had G sync versus the one I bought which has AMD Freesync. I have a Nvidia 3090 but I was reading that many other people have Nvidia cards and it worked perfectly with AMD Freesync and experienced no issues at all.
The DWF is technically the newer model. The hardware g-sync version is the older one from earlier that year.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
LG 27GL83A $210;

Picked one up two years ago for almost $400 and its been pretty good.
The GL model is pretty old. Are you sure you don't mean the GP model 2 years ago? If you bought a GL 2 years ago at that price when the GP model was available, that's a little silly.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The GL model is pretty old. Are you sure you don't mean the GP model 2 years ago? If you bought a GL 2 years ago at that price when the GP model was available, that's a little silly.
Correction, 3 years ago and $350.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The GL model is fine, it's what I use for my work PC next to my main PC but I wouldn't game on it at this point unless I was poor.

(It's got bad IPS glow, terrible black uniformity for a modern display.)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Great deal, even better than the one Big P linked! This is a brand new monitor, and as long as you don't need USB ports, it's absolutely fantastic for that price.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Anyone running dual 34" monitors? If so how do you arrange them? I'm assuming side by side is not viable but what about stacked one above the other?

I cannot figure out what to get but I know I don't want any OLED due to the amount of spreadsheet work I have to do.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Anyone running dual 34" monitors? If so how do you arrange them? I'm assuming side by side is not viable but what about stacked one above the other?

I cannot figure out what to get but I know I don't want any OLED due to the amount of spreadsheet work I have to do.
GKc8vfuXIAAVXBJ.jpg

Janx

<Silver Donator>

I have a 48" LG OLED for my "primary" display (wall mounted) and a 34" (?) ultrawide next to it mounted to my desk at an angle for a secondary/work display and works it works great

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I'm doing #5 on Edaw Edaw 's chart with a 65" 4k tv above for football / whatever. Dual 32's and an ultrawide on the right. Works for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
My setup is like 8 with an extra one in the middle.

1712522655023.png

I will eventually get a 55" Ark but this works for now. This set up allows me to print the bare minimum for my files, thus saving space in my filing cabinet. I work from home and so space is limited.