Gaming and general purpose monitors

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Now I have a new problem. Now I want to buy a second monitor so I have two identical 27" ones and not one spiffy 27" and one shitty old 24".

#FuckMyLife #FirstWorldProblems

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Now I have a new problem. Now I want to buy a second monitor so I have two identical 27" ones and not one spiffy 27" and one shitty old 24".

#FuckMyLife #FirstWorldProblems

Buy another monitor...

giphy.gif

Kiki

Log Wizard
I've been helping the Avaya guy with new servers and upgrades, their upgrade process for a VM is....interesting.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I folded and bought a second one. Now I'm good for the next decade. One thing that does annoy and puzzle me is that whenever I load up Steam now it loads up in a window the size of my old monitor 1920x1080. I click the max window button every time but whenever I load up my computer anew, there it is, in the old size. I can't find a setting to make it load up full screen. Anyone know what the issue is?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If someone wants an Ultrawide on the cheap, this certainly isn't the best but it's great for this price, especially if you have an Amazon Prime card:

1667658675716.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I folded and bought a second one. Now I'm good for the next decade. One thing that does annoy and puzzle me is that whenever I load up Steam now it loads up in a window the size of my old monitor 1920x1080. I click the max window button every time but whenever I load up my computer anew, there it is, in the old size. I can't find a setting to make it load up full screen. Anyone know what the issue is?
Did you change your DPI settings in Windows to make things bigger? If so, check to make sure Steam isn't running in compatibility mode.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't follow this thread so I apologize if this monitor has already been discussed, but what's the general consensus on it?

CORSAIR XENEON 32QHD165 32-Inch IPS QHD (2560 x1440) FreeSync™ Premium Adaptive Sync (G Sync Compatible), 165Hz Refresh Rate, DisplayHDR400 Gaming Monitor​

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't follow this thread so I apologize if this monitor has already been discussed, but what's the general consensus on it?

CORSAIR XENEON 32QHD165 32-Inch IPS QHD (2560 x1440) FreeSync™ Premium Adaptive Sync (G Sync Compatible), 165Hz Refresh Rate, DisplayHDR400 Gaming Monitor​

It's basically the same as this:

If you can get it at the same price it's probably a little better, but not noticeably so.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner

Mist isn't wrong, but depending on your use case or budget, you might consider the Gigabyte M32Q for half the price.

TLDR, rtings is your friend