Gaming and general purpose monitors

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
So tempting
1670614455652.png

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Asked some questions in the PS5 thread but this thread is more appropriate.

So been looking for the LG 27GP850 monitor and the price has almost doubled from what they used to sell it for. I checked the price history and it's been at like $250-300 and now it is $520-600 here in europe.

I see that almost everyone is happy with this monitor but what are some options?

What I am looking for is a monitor to share between the PC and PS5. So a 27" with 1440p and that is compatible with the PS5 and not too expensive. I did check out the Asus TUF 27AG also but it has gone up a lot as well. Kinda wish there will be some sale coming up soon, I really missed out on Black Friday as they were quite cheap back then.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think I want to get 45'' UltraGear™ OLED Gaming Monitor (45GR95QE-B) | PREORDER

My goal here is to alter my battlestation (that I also work from) into a setup where I have a 45 or 34 in the center with 2x 24inch tilted vertically for reading and code. One on each side. But I understand I will just wait until these OLED monitors come out. Price doesn't seem bad.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think I want to get 45'' UltraGear™ OLED Gaming Monitor (45GR95QE-B) | PREORDER

My goal here is to alter my battlestation (that I also work from) into a setup where I have a 45 or 34 in the center with 2x 24inch tilted vertically for reading and code. One on each side. But I understand I will just wait until these OLED monitors come out. Price doesn't seem bad.
I've been really strongly considering this or the Xeneon Flex. I really just want an OLED monitor

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I got the flex, but i havent found a red devil xtx - got rid of my 4090 for pure AMD

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've been really strongly considering this or the Xeneon Flex. I really just want an OLED monitor
I was about to buy the LG one but my friend said to just wait a few months for the Samsung offering or something similar and prices drop.

Thoughts?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I was about to buy the LG one but my friend said to just wait a few months for the Samsung offering or something similar and prices drop.

Thoughts?

I can't remember price drops on monitors coming quickly until a newer better tech comes out. OLED monitors are the new tech. And to be honest, the prices are reasonable already IMO. Isn't there an LG large format OLED under a 1000 bucks?

The G9 which I own JUST started going down after a year and a half, and not by much, because of the newer G9 and OLED. Maybe a couple hundred bucks?

As for the Samsung monitors, they are fine, but nothing I'd wait for. Hell I am going away from the Samsung monitors this go-round.

Unless you are waiting for a specific monitor type/specs like I am (LG 45" Ultragear Curved OLED), I would get that OLED now.

I always see it this way. Do I want to wait months to a year for literally a couple hundred bucks or have my enjoyment now. If I'm going to spend 1800 bucks...1600 bucks hurts just as much. You already cut off my five fingers. Take the fuckin hand.

Now waiting for bugs/kinks to be worked out? I'd wait for that. I am going to at least wait a couple months...maybe. To see if that LG OLED has a huge flaw. Like flickering at 144HZ or some shit.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I want the LG one. The LG monitors have won me over with convenient straight on the back ports and the nipple interface thing. $1600 seems like a good price to me as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Purchased. I will have this 45 in the center and 2x LG 24 inch tilted vertical on each side in my new layout.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sold my AOC 34 Ultrawide today as I got a good offer and also found a LG 27GP850 for $350 (damaged box).

Had to search the basement for an old monitor as the new one arrives thursday/friday. Found my old 24 inch Asus 1080p and damn this feels small now when I've used Ultrawide for 2 years.

I really wanted the Ultrawide to work but it had more negatives than positives in the end when gaming. Big screen so minimaps end up far away, lower frames than 16:9 and bad/no support for the PS5.

I will probably end up with a second LG monitor next to this one if I find it on sale, one monitor feels a bit limited for sure.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

57" 7,680x2,160, lol.

View attachment 451093
Came here to post this.

LOL holy fucking shit this thing is nuts.