Gavinrad's Mass Effect 3+ Thread

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It had it's problems, but Mordin's end still rates among the top 3 moments in my gaming "career". I'm willing to excuse everything but the ending just because of that.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
The whole tuchanka arc was grade-fucking-A, but not much else was of the same caliber. Not to say the rest sucked, but yea.

ME1 is still my favorite, minus the fucking bowling ball on a skateboard operating Mako. Christ I hate that car.

That said, I liked the leviathan DLC, but did not buy the Omega one. I imagine that if so many of the other actors are back, Mark and Jennifer will be too. If it's actually taking into account shit that you did, with your whole crew, I'll be down.

I still love the shit out of Mass Effect. Just because Casey hudson and co flipped out because the dark matter shit got leaked and changed it, doesn't mean it still wasn't an epic series. Will I support mass effect in the future? Hard to say; the way that entire operation went down was ludicrous - they tried to make the playerbase feel like an idiot for not getting the endings, or for not enjoying the series end. Well, fuck you very much.

I will probably still give this DLC a try though, as a last hurrah. (As long as it gets relatively decent reviews.)

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I agree with Alex. I thought it was decent until the end. It's not like there is a huge trove of good games out there. If there is a standard that sets ME3 as complete shit, then most of the other games are terrible too. I've yet to play a game I didn't take issue with.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I agree with Alex. I thought it was decent until the end. It's not like there is a huge trove of good games out there. If there is a standard that sets ME3 as complete shit, then most of the other games are terrible too. I've yet to play a game I didn't take issue with.
To sum up these boards: "I have played the shit out of that game, it was horrible." I think Hatorade said it.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I agree that some parts of ME 3 were a letdown. Im not saying it was a masterpiece at all, but it wasnt a complete failure.

I think we can all agree that Tuchanka was awesome. There were other small highlights littered throughout but my problem wasnt so much with the story but the lack of polish. I hate how some clusters are absent art. How hard is it to have a picture of space dust? I dont want to bitch though, hopefully ME4 or whatever its called makes up for any shorcommings with 3.

Although, I think people need to step back and realize how hard it is to make 3 successful games in a row. ME1 was an incredible game. It was hard to live up to, but they did with ME2. To then surpass ME2 was asking a hell of alot. I dont think they did, but still, it wasnt a total failure. I dont know, Im kind of a space nerd though so Im slightly biased. I think Im the only one out of all my friends that actually read all the codex logs and interact with every possible character.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
To sum up these boards: "I have played the shit out of that game, it was horrible." I think Hatorade said it.
On the contrary, I wish I could go back and finish it. I had just rescued the Krogan female when the whole ending shitstorm happened, and I never started it up again. It doesn't help that there are a ton of other good games to play, either.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm still confused about why ME2 got a complete pass on dumbing down the rpg and exploration elements of the game. I guess I need to play it at some point to understand. The reviews for ME2 were insanely high and you couldn't find a mention of how much they dumbed down everything in 99% of them.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Mass Effect 3 was tits outside the ending (which I would've preferred even a Dragon Age style run down of what happened to everybody storybook instead of the star child shit). Leviathan was a cool DLC, and Omega was decent.

Really the best part of Mass Effect 3 to me turned out to be the multiplayer though. It's just fun.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
By exploration elements you mean trying to get the Mako over a hill for 10 minutes?
The Mako was bad but it wasn't that bad (at least I never had that much trouble with it). If anything, they should've fixed the annoying aspects and expanded the ways you explore planets and the variety of things you can find. There's so much they could've done with with it but they replaced it with another tedious, less interesting task instead.

I just don't get it. I'm definitely open to being wrong though if I'm missing something. I pretty much wrote off the game since I was getting sick of rpgs being dumbed down and really wanted to see improvements on the previous systems, not just scrapping them because people complained about how they were implemented.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
Mass Effect 3 was tits outside the ending (which I would've preferred even a Dragon Age style run down of what happened to everybody storybook instead of the star child shit).
ULj2qKw.jpg

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm still confused about why ME2 got a complete pass on dumbing down the rpg and exploration elements of the game. I guess I need to play it at some point to understand. The reviews for ME2 were insanely high and you couldn't find a mention of how much they dumbed down everything in 99% of them.
Selective memory, there was pretty big uproar about that, but time worked in it's favor and the story is what stayed in people's minds, DLC was also pretty good, with Lair of the Shadow Broker being awesome.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I hate to say it, but I think it is pretty safe to assume that the Bioware responsible for Mass Effect 1 is long dead and buried along with a lot of the folks responsible for the games. Anything that comes out in the future will most likely be EA just exploiting the Bioware brand until they are completely destroyed.

Sucks
frown.png
I would have liked to play some actual quality ongoing games.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Driving the mako was fucking awesome and I'd love for an open world/sandbox space exploration game that involved a flight sim + mako sim + on foot exploration like ME1's planetary exploration.