Gavinrad's Mass Effect 3+ Thread

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I'd pay 15 bucks if they can make my character I worked so long on make some fucking sense.

My character killed the Council and installed Humans as the leader of the Citadel. I was all on board with Cerberus (fuck aliens), was committed to Miranda 100%. I agreed with the Illusive Man in everything he said and handed over to him the most powerful piece of equipment in the Galaxy, not to mention that crazy alien from the 1st mission.

Basically in Mass Effect 3, they assumed no one would do that? Miranda story made no sense. Saving the galaxy aboard the safest ship with the one guy who will protect you is a bad idea. And the Illusive Man and I must of got drunk and Wobbly H'd some hooker and crossed swords because him hating me and vice versa made no sense either.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd pay 15 bucks if they can make my character I worked so long on make some fucking sense.

My character killed the Council and installed Humans as the leader of the Citadel. I was all on board with Cerberus (fuck aliens), was committed to Miranda 100%. I agreed with the Illusive Man in everything he said and handed over to him the most powerful piece of equipment in the Galaxy, not to mention that crazy alien from the 1st mission.

Basically in Mass Effect 3, they assumed no one would do that? Miranda story made no sense. Saving the galaxy aboard the safest ship with the one guy who will protect you is a bad idea. And the Illusive Man and I must of got drunk and Wobbly H'd some hooker and crossed swords because him hating me and vice versa made no sense either.
Were you not paying attention in ME2? Your decision to let the council die in ME1 had basically zero effect on ME2, why would you think ME3 would be any different in that regard?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Were you not paying attention in ME2? Your decision to let the council die in ME1 had basically zero effect on ME2, why would you think ME3 would be any different in that regard?
Just shows they ended up making a shit game that didn't live up to their hype.

If anyone still plays ME3 multiplayer:
I almost didn't give the multiplayer a chance since I was so dissapointed with the ending, however, it's really quite fun, albeit a bit grindy. It's too bad this last expansion hasn't added any new maps.

I've only played as a few of the new characters - the Geth Juggernaut is the best tank by far (probably the only true tank since it can't be one shot by sync kills), and the Awakened Collector is an interesting glass cannon. I guess I'll find out about the rest if the RNG ever decides to be kind, the Krogan with a hammer and EDI clone look like they could be a lot of fun. The new weapons seem a bit uninteresting, although I haven't unlocked any of the "good" ones to really form an opinion.

If you've never played before, or stopped playing before they added the Collectors, it's definitely worth a look.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wow, it really has been too long since I played any multiplayer. Dunno if anyone even still plays on the 360 though.
I play on 360 pretty regularly. I run 14min silvers all day son.

We had a pretty lengthy discussion about it in chat waiting for SimShitty. You can also play as the volus, vorcha, etc.

There are about 10 race/ability combos per class now with lots of abilities that weren't in-game before and new mobs.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
You had me at hello.

But seriously they can take their 15 dollar dlc and go fuck themselves.
Robin Sachs does the voice for Zaeed. If you weren't aware, he died in February. This is one of the last pieces of his voice acting. I've mentioned before that often I get more excited about games when I know the voice actors, or at least if they return, and I'm fond of them. Bioware games, for all their faults, do fantastically in this department. I'll miss that guy, because my Zaeed/Jack/Sarcastic Renegade Shepard teams were fucking phenomenal.

Really like that trailer. It's why I hate how much ME3 sucked - the entire series was an emotional ride. I'm looking forward to this DLC, (though I'll be working hard to squeeze it in with SimCity, replay of SC2 for HOTS, maxing Fire Emblem and 5.2 WoW patch) because I have a feeling that at the very least, it will be the bittersweet goodbye to the series I wanted, not the WTF plot holes? ending I received.

The flashes of the apartment you get in that trailer look plush as fuck too.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I play on 360 pretty regularly. I run 14min silvers all day son.

We had a pretty lengthy discussion about it in chat waiting for SimShitty. You can also play as the volus, vorcha, etc.

There are about 10 race/ability combos per class now with lots of abilities that weren't in-game before and new mobs.
So you cant just faceroll your way to victory with geth gold fbw anymore?

Budos

Robin Sachs does the voice for Zaeed. If you weren't aware, he died in February. This is one of the last pieces of his voice acting. I've mentioned before that often I get more excited about games when I know the voice actors, or at least if they return, and I'm fond of them. Bioware games, for all their faults, do fantastically in this department. I'll miss that guy, because my Zaeed/Jack/Sarcastic Renegade Shepard teams were fucking phenomenal.

Really like that trailer. It's why I hate how much ME3 sucked - the entire series was an emotional ride. I'm looking forward to this DLC, (though I'll be working hard to squeeze it in with SimCity, replay of SC2 for HOTS, maxing Fire Emblem and 5.2 WoW patch) because I have a feeling that at the very least, it will be the bittersweet goodbye to the series I wanted, not the WTF plot holes? ending I received.

The flashes of the apartment you get in that trailer look plush as fuck too.
From what I read you can take any squad member that's still alive from all the games on these missions (i.e.: Wrex, Miranda, Zaeed, Kasumi, etc.) and it expands a lot on the romances. For each character you have to be at the part in the story that they would be available (i.e.: after Horizon to use Miranda).

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
From what I read you can take any squad member that's still alive from all the games on these missions (i.e.: Wrex, Miranda, Zaeed, Kasumi, etc.) and it expands a lot on the romances. For each character you have to be at the part in the story that they would be available (i.e.: after Horizon to use Miranda).
Right. If you've beat the game your save point should be right before the Illusive Man's base, and everything will be unlocked by that point.

Budos

They nerfed FBW by making 2 extra hallways so the mob pathing to you is different. And nerfed decoy (3 targets on it tops) and also the geth have a new turret enemy that has shields/armor that drops a line of grenades over where you are, or if it gets close, fires a short range pulse (hits pretty hard).

But... you can still faceroll any gold map if you have 2+ geth juggernauts and you play against cerberus or the geth. They're OP as shit.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They redid that map a while back so camping there is pretty much not possible on gold/higher. Right now the main "farming" one from what I hear is rio but even that is much harder with the various camp breaker options the different factions have.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ermagerd. Krogan Warlord is by far the most fun I've ever had with ME3 multiplayer. I mean I had fun with the Krogan Vanguard when it was first released, but it was nothing compared to how much fun this shit is. Running around on silver meleeing brutes and banshees to death lol.

*edit*

So what packs should I be getting? Just stick with premium spectres, or start getting the character packs instead? I'd generally prefer to have most/all the classes unlocked, but if premium spectre packs are more efficient in the long run I can stick with those.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Maybe budos or someone can clarify but if you're looking at long-term efficiency I'd go with whatever gives you the highest chance to get black weapons. That assumes you actually want the black weapons. I know when I played the black widow was by far the best infiltrator weapon.

Budos

Ermagerd. Krogan Warlord is by far the most fun I've ever had with ME3 multiplayer. I mean I had fun with the Krogan Vanguard when it was first released, but it was nothing compared to how much fun this shit is. Running around on silver meleeing brutes and banshees to death lol.

*edit*

So what packs should I be getting? Just stick with premium spectres, or start getting the character packs instead? I'd generally prefer to have most/all the classes unlocked, but if premium spectre packs are more efficient in the long run I can stick with those.
Personally I mix it up. I get mostly reserve packs cause I want my fucking volus vanguard... but usually I do premium spectres and just take what I get. Getting the rare equipment slots is really, really strong. You can get 5x of them before they max and you can get some dope upgrades (i.e.: more missles).

If there's a character you want to unlock, get reserves, if you love weapons (I don't -- I use a Predator X on just about everything I play), get arsenals. Premium spectres if you want general shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I think I have every super rare EXCEPT the fucking black widow at this point.

*edit*

to clarify, I played a LOT up until and for a while after the first free dlc pack where they added new classes. I've got most rare weapons somewhere between 7-10. Got my first rare equipment slot today though, so if those come from premium specs I'll stick with them. Most rare weapons that were released back then that is.

Budos

Yeah I think I have every super rare EXCEPT the fucking black widow at this point.

*edit*

to clarify, I played a LOT up until and for a while after the first free dlc pack where they added new classes. I've got most rare weapons somewhere between 7-10. Got my first rare equipment slot today though, so if those come from premium specs I'll stick with them. Most rare weapons that were released back then that is.
The best new weapon that got added is the executioner pistol. It'll pretty much 1 shot stuff without shields/barriers and chunk armor really well. Aside from that, the other weapons that were good before are still good now (i.e.: Black Widow, Carnifex, etc.). There are a couple good assault rifles and shotguns that got added -- the collector weapons especially (including the collector sniper rifle).

But yeah, definitely stick with the regular premium spectres, they won't do you wrong very often.

Edit: Also, you might want to farm reserve packs until you get the Geth Jugg -- you are seriously a god when you play it. So much fun.

I'll hop on and play with you tomorrow after I get over the SimCity nerd olympics.