Gen V

Xevy

Log Wizard
The main chick being black is only black to every other character making a point of it, which is pretty great. The PR guy hitting all the black girl magic hashtags and shit made me laugh.

Can't tell if Emma is attractive or not. On one hand she seems pretty cute, on the other hand her pectorals so fucking defined Ossoi is probably looking to be chained up by her.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really liked the first three episodes. Then again I love the evil shit Vought be up too usually.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Period blood superpowers in the first 3 minutes.

Pass.

• 4Worf
  • 2Pathetic
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am enjoying the show. It is fun watching how the super powers are used and the fight scenes are done well enough. The characters are fine. This is one of the few times where diversity actually makes sense rather than being forced into the story. Its not as good as "The Boys" but it is good enough to keep watching.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I was bored and got through 2 episodes. Ignore my previous preening.

This show is excellent when it comes to self-awareness at the Gen Z+ crowds. I can't even imagine a campus where half the faggots around you are livestreaming and trying to gain followers. God damn I am glad I am old and beyond that shit. Keep in mind that I graduated university in 2013. I've seen it all over that the younger crowd aspires to be "content creators" and "influencers" over any other thing. It foils this well with Marie. As she is a Juvie psych ward patient with no phone or social media presence she is effectively a millenial or Gen Xer in an alien world.

The other half of my life is going to be weird as I continue to ignore social media, influencers and so on. It's strange to see yourself becoming the old man out of touch. But at the same time you don't want to be in touch.

• 6Solidarity
  • 5Like
Reactions: 10 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Episodes 2 and 3 are definitely better than episode 1. I'm enjoying the show so far.

• 2Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
After watching 2 and 3, I think it's actually pretty good.

It's still like a CW teen show given the sensibilities of 'The Boys'.

• 2Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Is this better or worse than season 3 of the Boyz? Outside of Soldier Boy I thought the season kind of blew. Wife kind of wants to watch this so I figured I would ask.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its worth watching but realize the show is going to hit every college teenager issue possible in its own way. Just started episode 2.

"Jumanji!!"

that was funny..

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was interesting seeing all the new age, woke, whatever you want to call, bullshit in this show - but see it in a way that didnt exactly detract from the show too much. The stuff didnt add anything either, though. The show is enjoyable because it makes fun of it all at the same time - but it just gets under my skin at this point.

Black on black crime, daughter killing family. Shape shifter, praised in a post above, clearly a representative of transgenders. Nothing like Mystique in Xmen that would shape shift to something that fits the situation - nope. Wildly shapeshifting during that fight scene was atrocious for someone deemed #2, behind a home lander aspiring guy. Better director would have transformed him into a girl in the agile/dexterous moments, and then into the foot taller guy to lay big slams and punches. The "female empowerment" is clearly in this, too, along with the diverse cast. I'm so tired of it at this point and just downright annoyed at the very hint of the shit now.

Shows fine - but the black lead using period blood and cutting herself is atrocious lead for a super hero and I really hope it breaks out away from her like the Boyz did with their cast.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Is this better or worse than season 3 of the Boyz? Outside of Soldier Boy I thought the season kind of blew. Wife kind of wants to watch this so I figured I would ask.
I started rewatching The Boys after watching these three episodes, currently on Season 3, and I'd say they're about on par with each other so far. Hard to see where the season arc is going at the moment, they're hitting on all the hot button issues of the moment but they could be going for some gnarly fourth way sort of interpretation still.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Eric Kripke will pretty much always have my trust as a storyteller. He and Rockne S. O'Bannon are the two best modern showrunners imo, in a very low key way.

• 2Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Was interesting seeing all the new age, woke, whatever you want to call, bullshit in this show - but see it in a way that didnt exactly detract from the show too much. The stuff didnt add anything either, though. The show is enjoyable because it makes fun of it all at the same time - but it just gets under my skin at this point.

Black on black crime, daughter killing family. Shape shifter, praised in a post above, clearly a representative of transgenders. Nothing like Mystique in Xmen that would shape shift to something that fits the situation - nope. Wildly shapeshifting during that fight scene was atrocious for someone deemed #2, behind a home lander aspiring guy. Better director would have transformed him into a girl in the agile/dexterous moments, and then into the foot taller guy to lay big slams and punches. The "female empowerment" is clearly in this, too, along with the diverse cast. I'm so tired of it at this point and just downright annoyed at the very hint of the shit now.

Shows fine - but the black lead using period blood and cutting herself is atrocious lead for a super hero and I really hope it breaks out away from her like the Boyz did with their cast.
Literally having control of blood is OP, she can kill anyone

• 2Like

Daidraco

Then heres to me hoping the story develops that way and she has no clue about her own power at the moment. Stemming the flow on that chick makes it look that way - but her character development seems really slow/shitty and juvenile - especially for someone that murdered her own parents.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
... Shape shifter, praised in a post above, clearly a representative of transgenders. Nothing like Mystique in Xmen that would shape shift to something that fits the situation - nope. Wildly shapeshifting during that fight scene was atrocious for someone deemed #2, behind a home lander aspiring guy. ...
I think the deal with the shapeshifter is that the male form is for defense, since it looks like its indestructible, almost immovable, and the female shape is for offense and it can throw energy blasts and stuff. The fight isn't 100% consistent with this but close enough and they had set it up before where the teacher shoots them when they were female forma and they morph into male form to take the shot.

Right? couldn't she just blow up people in an explosion of blood? Even if she needs a wound... any kind of wound would do... poof!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

This is really better than expected.

BTW they trying to cancel the main dude because he followed Andrew Tate and liked some trad wife posts.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 6 users

Daidraco

This is really better than expected.

BTW they trying to cancel the main dude because he followed Andrew Tate and liked some trad wife posts.

Isnt he a faggot on the show? 😂

• 2Worf
  • 1Like