General Gaming News and Discussion

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Actually getting 'seven figures' from those two seems rather unlikely. The real question is will all these studios run by pussies afraid of a twitter mob that doesn't even buy games go back to hiring him again.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Rajaah Rajaah I've just been listening to podcasts while I zone out playing powerwash. It's not so much that driving for completion is the primary goal.

Yeah, I've quickly determined that Powerwash Simulator isn't a game you "beat". It's there for zoning-out purposes if you want to play something and are too tired to pick up anything substantial, like an RPG where you have to figure out what cat-person you had to talk to next to move the plot forward or whatever.

My mom came over last week and I got her playing it. She beat the first map of the "main game" once she got used to the PS5 controller. I feel like this is one of those rare games that non-gamer types can actually enjoy playing and wouldn't be surprised in the future to get home and find a GF playing it.

It definitely serves a purpose, I'll say that much.

spronk

FPS noob
E3 was cancelled, no one cares, everyone doing their own summer conference thing and Dorito pope gonna continue his summer games thing

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Can you really cancel something you had no vendors attending? Seems like the industry canceled it for them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Can you really cancel something you had no vendors attending? Seems like the industry canceled it for them.
Called off due to lack of interest. That is my #1 recommendation when asked to pick a topic for work meetings and you know what, they never select it.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider

I don't get the hype for this crap.
Photogrammetry is useful to sell you a house, but i really doubt it'll make the game looks good in the long run. It's also a good technique when you can't do a texture yourself, working alone or can't offer to pay for art design.
The first "demo" used a 90$ map asset for UE made by someone else with no enemy.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Photogrammetry is useful to sell you a house, but i really doubt it'll make the game looks good in the long run. It's also a good technique when you can't do a texture yourself, working alone or can't offer to pay for art design.
The first "demo" used a 90$ map asset for UE made by someone else with no enemy.

Gameplay that looks like real? 1st thing I think of, is a horror game would probably kill me IRL via stroke and/or heart attack.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think the hype is just “holy shit look what games will look like in the future.”

Whether that statement is accurate or not…that’s what the hype is about.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Time to revive the "Blizzard dies and Bobby rides" thread?

also:
✅ shilling DE&I
✅ pride flag in bio
✅ pronouns in bio

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Time to revive the "Blizzard dies and Bobby rides" thread?

also:
✅ shilling DE&I
✅ pride flag in bio
✅ pronouns in bio
Haha. “I don’t understand why people would leave all this” YGWYFD

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Gameplay so slow and clunky that even the devs pause it and warp around the map to "play".

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Wondering how many years before we have almost entirely AI rendering pipelines. Roughly model stuff out with polygons, supplement with photography then an AI model does all the texture-mapping and post-processing.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wondering how many years before we have almost entirely AI rendering pipelines. Roughly model stuff out with polygons, supplement with photography then an AI model does all the texture-mapping and post-processing.
How do you think the universe was made?