General Gaming News and Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This feels like Im looking at the future of consumer hardware. Though, Im not familiar with ARM and all that shit - is there any compatibility with x86 hardware?
It's more likely that we see a total redesign of GPU + CPU + motherboard that allows CPU and GPU share a single giant pool of superfast memory.

So you have a GPU cooler, a CPU cooler, and a memory cooler. Then the GPU board doesn't have to worry about powering and cooling the video memory, which allows the GPU housing to be much smaller.
How I understood the video is that components are going to have to get put into a single large SOC, or much more integrated motherboard designs, or something. DRAM and VRAM being separate is almost certainly going to have to go away.

Maybe >64GB of DRAM will be integrated into the CPU and it will have a direct bus to the interface for the GPU.

Who knows, honestly.
I've been talking about this stuff for a while, since I first started to understand what Apple was doing with the M1 Ultra.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

This feels like Im looking at the future of consumer hardware. Though, Im not familiar with ARM and all that shit - is there any compatibility with x86 hardware?
Can’t wait for $50k low end gaming PCs

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Don't know why linus gets a lot of followers and such. He's turned his company into a giant advertiserment stream. Not reviews, not tech info, ads. Also he can't make or someone that works for him can't make thumbnail with his mouth open showing he has all his teeth I guess.

• 6Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Don't know why linus gets a lot of followers and such. He's turned his company into a giant advertiserment stream. Not reviews, not tech info, ads. Also he can't make or someone that works for him can't make thumbnail with his mouth open showing he has all his teeth I guess.
Ltt is nothing more than a mouthpiece for companies.

Gamersnexus is fairly good for genuine computer tech info.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>

ARM is an entirely different beast from x86. Different assembly language, for one (ARM is a Reduced Instruction Set Computer processor, x86 is a Complex Instruction Set Computer processor). That means all the firmware HAS to be different. Then you have different memory access/cache technologies, which means a completely different MB chipset design.

That said, ARM is the dominant computer architecture, because it's what powers every single handheld. There are an estimated 2 billion PC in use in the world (+150 million consoles). There are an estimated 15 billion mobile devices in use in the world.

• 3Like

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Half the game is a very ghetto Yakuza'ish game, the other half is a good but very classic Street Fighter game.
Everything is packed with a nice touch of woke shit and really ugly artworks in the arcade mode.
Overall if you aren't ready to spend 34 years in the training mode + 45 years on Youtube to learn how a fighting games really works you gonna be destroyed online.

Another way to tells you this, is to buy Mortal Kombat games or maybe Injustice if you're a casual and want to enjoy fighting games for solo content.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Woke garbage gets rave reviews. News at 11.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Fighting games usually suck anyway. I never loved the genre.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You have to be a certain type of person to play fighting games. I mean im a pretty chill person usually but I never had the urge to throw my controller at the TV and pummel the friend in RL ever crossed my mind until playing fighting game. I never did it of course, but I was close several times.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
You have to be a certain type of person to play fighting games. I mean im a pretty chill person usually but I never had the urge to throw my controller at the TV and pummel the friend in RL ever crossed my mind until playing fighting game. I never did it of course, but I was close several times.

I never understood them either. Was crazy to me back in the day when Street Fighter II Turbo came out for SNES and Genesis and people were blasting out $74.99 a pop when I was at Software Etc a long time ago. Back then I remember the big thing was the censorship Nintendo laid down on mortal kombat and I told everyone to buy the Sega Genesis version because it had blood in it. :p

Seeing people in the arcades just throwing TONS Of quarters into those machines in those days - and people crowded around. I played it once and was thinking to myself, "What is the big deal here?" But maybe it was because I was getting older. I played the shit out of Karate Champ in the bowling alley when I was 11. :p

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I never understood them either. Was crazy to me back in the day when Street Fighter II Turbo came out for SNES and Genesis and people were blasting out $74.99 a pop when I was at Software Etc a long time ago. Back then I remember the big thing was the censorship Nintendo laid down on mortal kombat and I told everyone to buy the Sega Genesis version because it had blood in it. :p

Seeing people in the arcades just throwing TONS Of quarters into those machines in those days - and people crowded around. I played it once and was thinking to myself, "What is the big deal here?" But maybe it was because I was getting older. I played the shit out of Karate Champ in the bowling alley when I was 11. :p
Maybe if you would’ve stuck with it to GIT GUD you would have liked it more FGT.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Press forward, down, down forward X to seriously doubt.
they don't even advocate stick or pad no more, all the pros will move towards just buttons
050d094184ac5282119e5d2324035286.png

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It’s crazy. I spent a ton of hours in sf2 (all versions) and then a ton of hours in sf4. All those hours were either playing head to head against friends sitting on the couch next to me or solo practice. Just never cared for fighting games vs strangers.

I feel like this genre peaked in 1993 or whenever Turbo hit and had a small renaissance with MK9(?) and sf4 during the 360/ps3 era.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users