General Gaming News and Discussion

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Everything else has spiked in price, why not video games?

Are they immune to higher costs?

Blue hair dye and dilators aren't cheap.

Plumber Martin Tv Show GIF by Martin

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
$150 Biden bucks for GTA6? That's a great deal. Hell, going to the movies 3 times is gonna cost you more than that. Sure to get more than 6 hours of fun from it! If you think about it $150 is an investment because you'll save so much money not buying other stuff!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Red Faction was one of my favorite fps games of all time. First game to have destruction.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Freespace 2 is way up there for me. Was such a natural follow-up to the nostalgia I had for the Tie Fighter series and dealing w/ capital ships in a space game was amazing. I've tried to get into the remake but it's never really clicked. Some nostalgia is better off undisturbed and enjoyed as-is.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Volition Games back then is a completely different company than the one we have now had. How can you be so out of touch with the audience of one of your biggest franchises?
saints_row_need_to_know_cover_1661010692065.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Red Faction was one of my favorite fps games of all time. First game to have destruction.
Super Mario Brothers had plenty of level destruction, probably many other games before that. Dig Dug in the 80s was solely based around it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The Volition Games back then is a completely different company than the one we have now had. How can you be so out of touch with the audience of one of your biggest franchises?
saints_row_need_to_know_cover_1661010692065.jpg
Studio changed hands a bunch of times, it's probably barely any of the same people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Super Mario Brothers had plenty of level destruction, probably many other games before that. Dig Dug in the 80s was solely based around it.
I know you're joking but physics based destruction. Both instances of the Geo-Mod engine were incredibly sophisticated physics simulators for their time, far and away beyond anything else on the market. Problem always was that the series was generally pretty bland and/or mismanaged and while the terrain/building destruction was incredible, it wasn't nearly enough to carry a game.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I know you're joking but physics based destruction. Both instances of the Geo-Mod engine were incredibly sophisticated physics simulators for their time, far and away beyond anything else on the market. Problem always was that the series was generally pretty bland and/or mismanaged and while the terrain/building destruction was incredible, it wasn't nearly enough to carry a game.
Yeah I remember drilling through walls and thinking how awesome it was but it never went anywhere cool so it got old pretty fast.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I
I got it for free with my PS5, also got Forspoken. They are still in the plastic wrapper.

They gave you Saints Row and Forspoken with your PS5?

Wow.

I'd ask for a refund.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There's no way GTA6 is going to cost $140 or whatever people were saying. The base game will probably be $70. People need to stop freaking out over every rumor like it's fact (the Youtube clickbait industry isn't helping).

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
There's no way GTA6 is going to cost $140 or whatever people were saying. The base game will probably be $70. People need to stop freaking out over every rumor like it's fact (the Youtube clickbait industry isn't helping).
They're probably making a digital deluxe that includes multiple DLC in advance, so it's "almost mandatory".

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They're probably making a digital deluxe that includes multiple DLC in advance, so it's "almost mandatory".
No need to worry about that, R* doesn't make DLC for the actual game anymore. All they do is put out shit for the online mode to keep retards paying for in game money.