General Gaming News and Discussion

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
How about I say it needs to stop instead. If you guys want to continue this, either make a GTA6 thread to discuss GTA6 or discuss the topic in general in gamergate. I'll even move posts over if you want

I agree, moving on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I completely agree that there's no issue whatsoever with GTA having a female protagonist. They aren't replacing some long-standing hero John Connor style, they're introducing another new main in a series that has a new main in every game.

If people are gonna be fussing about GTA6 having a female main character, count me out. I'm looking forward to it to see what they do differently with the story to reflect the new protagonist.

I think the anti-woke crusaders make good points a lot of the time, but they lose credibility when they start getting into bitching about things like this that most people recognize as harmless.

no. Its because the devs and company spokespeople specifically make it about the culture war when they scrap planned gameplay because of the death of a fentanyl addict, or decide to stop the jokes that made up a huge part of the franchise, because of the current culture climate. Lefties on this forum desperately want people to look the other way as gaming companies like blizzard and rockstar are eroded into shadows of their former selves due to the culture of woke.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Your points were all fucking stupid.

There's no GTAMAN. That's not a character. There's a rotating cast of one-shot characters through the series. That we're overdue for one of them being female is not CONTRUHVERSHUL.

Dragging all this other culture war bullshit and gamergrievance into it is what is turning this into a dumb thread.
Why is the series overdue for a female lead at all?

• 1Truth!

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
It isn't, but we are meant to think it is.

• 2Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
White men are the only demographic that can acceptably be shit on in current woke culture, so a game depicting lowlifes and criminals would be safe with a male lead. But then that's racist. Unless they're willing to tell the woke critics to fuck off they may as well just not bother making a game. And that's what feminazis and now woketards want; you aren't allowed to exist unless it's on their terms.

And I want to clarify I don't think Mist is either. It's a troll or useless idiot at best.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's not a necessity, it's just that if you're going to explore the space of all possible stories about all types of stereotypical street criminals that you could make a game about, eventually you're going to hit on one that features a female criminal. Think of it as pulling story marbles out of a bag. It might not be often that you pull out a female story marble but if you never land on one, that's just as suspicious too.

lol "in infinite universes there's bound to be a female GTA protagonist"

There have been a total of 5, GTFO out with that

Please, tell us again how smart you are.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol "in infinite universes there's bound to be a female GTA protagonist"

There have been a total of 5, GTFO out with that

Please, tell us again how smart you are.
I don’t know man, they are up to GTA 5 but then they also have Vice city and San Andreas so that’s… 7 I think if my math checks out.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They can write a compelling/cool story with a female protagonist but this place would never approve of it unless it was based on Gina Carano.

• 2Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
They can write a compelling/cool story with a female protagonist...

Doubt Reaction GIF

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Literally there is no game and no studio I would instantly accept as being must-buy good game when it is first announced. The trust has been lost, any of them can screw it up, and there's a list of immediately suspicious things in teasers/sneak peaks we scrutinize today that we would not have cared about 10 years ago.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

usual retards said:
The story will take place at a point where Lara is suffering from loneliness, even though she has become a strong and experienced adventurer. She will join other “raiders” who followed her example after seeing her achievements in the media and together they will try to prevent a global cataclysm. The game would also contain fantasy elements.

what-dafuq.jpg

lara croft is a strong independent women who is lonely and probably weirdo incel trannies join her... ok

• 1Worf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Literally there is no game and no studio I would instantly accept as being must-buy good game when it is first announced. The trust has been lost, any of them can screw it up, and there's a list of immediately suspicious things in teasers/sneak peaks we scrutinize today that we would not have cared about 10 years ago.

This. There used to be tons of “trusted” game franchises and studios for me. Over the past 2-4 years, everyone but FromSoft has lost that trust. They are the only ones I’ll 100% buy sight unseen. Even God of War: Ragnarok will be a wait for reviews for me.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Literally all I need to know about a game is "From" and any of the words Bloodborne, Dark Souls, or Elden Ring and they can have my money that day

• 2Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Holy shit the voice actor is going to be 5'6 and athletic???

SIGN ME THE FUCK UP

I can't imagine the world these people live in.

Like, it is a fucking imaginary character. Why would the physical characteristics of the voice actor for a make-believe character matter in even the slightest way in non-clown world? It's like saying we have to have McGruff voiced by Ossoi Ossoi since both are male and fuck dogs. You have to be a stone cold retard to argue that it matters in any way.

• 1Like