General Gaming News and Discussion

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
What even is there to DO in RDR2 for 6000 hours? Apparently he's making some kind of progress if he's distraught over losing a save.

I did everything there was to do in Elden Ring (twice) plus a speed run and I spent 130+60+12 hours on it or so, and that was the deepest OW type 1P game I've ever played by far. Maybe 2000 hours on EQ but that's an evolving game that basically adds a new game on top of itself every year, plus different classes.

Baffled as to how someone can spend that much time in RDR2.

Maybe they're just really big Thin Lizzy fans?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Scorn is out today. Looks really creepy but is still under review embargo at the moment.

Caliane

here's ACG's thoughts on Scorn.

tl/dr.
its an atmospheric walking sim. very niche. free on gamepass.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Darkest Tales is also out. Don’t have a Steam link on my phone. Teddy Bear fantasy “Metroidvania.”

I only put about an hour in to it last night. Will have to overlook the voice acting as it just feels off. Not bad but kind of bad. Not quite mixed right or not the right tone. Just off.

It’ll take longer to see if the gameplay is worth it though. Visually it looks fine but doesn’t have anywhere near the charm or character that an Ori or Hollow Knight does.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
here's ACG's thoughts on Scorn.

tl/dr.
its an atmospheric walking sim. very niche. free on gamepass.

Since I love Alien/Prometheus this looked like an instant buy for me, went to see if it was out yet...

...not on PS5? You kidding me? Oh well.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Since I love Alien/Prometheus this looked like an instant buy for me, went to see if it was out yet...

...not on PS5? You kidding me? Oh well.
On Gamepass
troll dancing GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

looks like Konami is gonna reboot Silent Hill and Elijah Wood is gonna be in it. Rumored to be PS5 exclusive for at least a year too

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Thus, I am beginning to conclude these are intentional and controlled demolitions of popular things involving hot chicks and great games.

I mean, it is beyond obvious how to make something like this succeed and they did the total opposite while pumping it full of "effort" to make it appear like that wasn't the case.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Possibly long, will spoiler:
So, the vast majority of "women" in gaming, are not there for the games. This has been true forever. Not because games are male-focused; not because games are misogynistic; but because the standard game structure that people who call themselves "gamers" identify with are not the "games" that the average woman is playing. Farmville (yes, I'm old) is not a real game - God of War (norse version) is a game. BUT, you have millions more "gamers" playing Farmville than purchased God of War. Why? Because the people "playing" those games, are not gamers.

I'm gatekeeping. Mobile "gamers" are not what the gaming world would embrace. Farmville "gamers" are not what the gaming world would embrace.

You know who embraces this shit? Males between 15 and 45, who like explosions, big tits, and profanity. Guess what isn't in Farmville? Explosions, big tits, and profanity. When you create a gaming station that doesn't cater directly to explosions, big tits, and profanity? You are intentionally aiming at an audience that are not "gamers" in any real sense. Which is what the reboot did. Sessler is a huge faggot and apologizes for being a male constantly.

So you create a platform/station that focuses heavily on a re-evaluated version of the term "gamer" and you actively downplay all the shit that actual game-playing people play and want, and then you get surprised by lackluster performance. HI; the majority of people who give enough a shit about "gaming" in general that would watch a channel/station are people who fall into a demographic that you are actively trying to avoid. Full stop. You fucked up.

And then, you hire alt-female shitheads to be involved in your content, because you imagine that's what the "gamers" in your world want. But they don't. They want absolute whores like Olivia Munn. Not "check out my #abortions tattoo; gamer right?" faggotry. They want quality T&A and people who actually play games giving opinions on games. And less Adam Sessler.

They could not have misfired more than they did.

• 11Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

spronk

FPS noob

i guess sony was gonna announce some exclusive stuff but has indefinitely delayed it due to the countries looking into the microsoft acquisition of activision