General Gaming News and Discussion

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Possibly long, will spoiler:
So, the vast majority of "women" in gaming, are not there for the games. This has been true forever. Not because games are male-focused; not because games are misogynistic; but because the standard game structure that people who call themselves "gamers" identify with are not the "games" that the average woman is playing. Farmville (yes, I'm old) is not a real game - God of War (norse version) is a game. BUT, you have millions more "gamers" playing Farmville than purchased God of War. Why? Because the people "playing" those games, are not gamers.

I'm gatekeeping. Mobile "gamers" are not what the gaming world would embrace. Farmville "gamers" are not what the gaming world would embrace.

You know who embraces this shit? Males between 15 and 45, who like explosions, big tits, and profanity. Guess what isn't in Farmville? Explosions, big tits, and profanity. When you create a gaming station that doesn't cater directly to explosions, big tits, and profanity? You are intentionally aiming at an audience that are not "gamers" in any real sense. Which is what the reboot did. Sessler is a huge faggot and apologizes for being a male constantly.

So you create a platform/station that focuses heavily on a re-evaluated version of the term "gamer" and you actively downplay all the shit that actual game-playing people play and want, and then you get surprised by lackluster performance. HI; the majority of people who give enough a shit about "gaming" in general that would watch a channel/station are people who fall into a demographic that you are actively trying to avoid. Full stop. You fucked up.

And then, you hire alt-female shitheads to be involved in your content, because you imagine that's what the "gamers" in your world want. But they don't. They want absolute whores like Olivia Munn. Not "check out my #abortions tattoo; gamer right?" faggotry. They want quality T&A and people who actually play games giving opinions on games. And less Adam Sessler.

They could not have misfired more than they did.

My daughter started playing CoD and GTA when she was around 14 and still plays them at 17 but, yeah, she'd have no interest in the average tits and ass games they churn out for teenage boys.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
the average tits and ass games they churn out for teenage boys.

Breh. Don't you mean middle aged men? Target vs actual meme go!

download.jpg

• 11Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 11 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Possibly long, will spoiler:
So, the vast majority of "women" in gaming, are not there for the games. This has been true forever. Not because games are male-focused; not because games are misogynistic; but because the standard game structure that people who call themselves "gamers" identify with are not the "games" that the average woman is playing. Farmville (yes, I'm old) is not a real game - God of War (norse version) is a game. BUT, you have millions more "gamers" playing Farmville than purchased God of War. Why? Because the people "playing" those games, are not gamers.

I'm gatekeeping. Mobile "gamers" are not what the gaming world would embrace. Farmville "gamers" are not what the gaming world would embrace.

You know who embraces this shit? Males between 15 and 45, who like explosions, big tits, and profanity. Guess what isn't in Farmville? Explosions, big tits, and profanity. When you create a gaming station that doesn't cater directly to explosions, big tits, and profanity? You are intentionally aiming at an audience that are not "gamers" in any real sense. Which is what the reboot did. Sessler is a huge faggot and apologizes for being a male constantly.

So you create a platform/station that focuses heavily on a re-evaluated version of the term "gamer" and you actively downplay all the shit that actual game-playing people play and want, and then you get surprised by lackluster performance. HI; the majority of people who give enough a shit about "gaming" in general that would watch a channel/station are people who fall into a demographic that you are actively trying to avoid. Full stop. You fucked up.

And then, you hire alt-female shitheads to be involved in your content, because you imagine that's what the "gamers" in your world want. But they don't. They want absolute whores like Olivia Munn. Not "check out my #abortions tattoo; gamer right?" faggotry. They want quality T&A and people who actually play games giving opinions on games. And less Adam Sessler.

They could not have misfired more than they did.

Man, you are completely full of shit and I fucking resent your summary.

Small tits are perfectly acceptable on the right package.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man, you are completely full of shit and I fucking resent your summary.

Small tits are perfectly acceptable on the right package.
I can assure you that your tits are not acceptable and your package probably isn’t either.

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The new G4 TV just wasn't good. You could hardly figure out when it was even on. Also the novelty of old G4 was pre-Twitch, now you can find that kind of content anywhere, all day long.

Also it's hard to replicate the original G4 Attack of the Show, finding a bunch of hot chicks who are also very good entertainers/funny and/or know a lot about tech/gadgets is fairly difficult. They just got lucky at the time.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How does this strengthen the acquisition case for Microsoft?
Alot of these articles are saying if they were to release the showcase of all of their exclusives while whining about MS exclusive activision deal then it would strengthen the MS case.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Alot of these articles are saying if they were to release the showcase of all of their exclusives while whining about MS exclusive activision deal then it would strengthen the MS case.

Gotcha. So silly question time. I haven't played consoles since EQ came out. Do exclusives really sell consoles? Matter to people that much on console choice?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even releasing 2-3 months earlier than a full console/Steam/Switch drop matters to people. No one should be playing FPS on consoles anyways so it's all the other games to be played first vs waiting for Steam version to mod.

spronk

FPS noob
i've been playing multiplayer FPS for years on consoles :( I enjoy COD a lot on PS5, runs great can even do 120 fps mode if I really wanted but 60 works fine for me

anyways more grist for the Microsoft/Sony mill, I doubt any of it really matters in the end I can't see countries blocking this given what a shit show Activision is

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Gotcha. So silly question time. I haven't played consoles since EQ came out. Do exclusives really sell consoles? Matter to people that much on console choice?

Yes, but it's not quite as important anymore in the world of the console wars. Getting customers stuck in the overall ecosystem from generation to generation and riling up smooth brain tribalism for poor people who can't own them all keeps the money pouring in.

I know I sure as hell would never buy a Nintendo anything if their first party titles were available on superior hardware consoles or PC (non pirated ofc), but instead I gotta play my marios on the equivalent of a souped up cellphone.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
The articles and delay themselves should give Microsoft more ammo anyways. Tbh Sony should have just held the event and claimed none of the exclusives, not even all them combined!, will equal the impact of CoD. Instead they delay the event, everybody seems to be taking exclusives as the reason why, and it makes them look guilty. Like they know they're full of shit. Most people already knew they were full of shit - delaying this event shows that they know it themselves.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yes. Switch has a ton of exclusives so I got a Switch. Otherwise I'm missing out on Mario/Metroid/Zelda. PS5 has a some exclusives, so I got that too. Bloodborne springs to mind (technically it's PS4 but yeah).

XBox (whichever it's up to in their bizarre naming) doesn't really have anything I need an XBox for. Everything interesting on there is either also on PS5 (Elden Ring) or also on PC. So I never got their latest system or even felt a need to.

The only times I've ever been interested in getting an XBox were for exclusives back in the day: Mass Effect 1, Recore, Gears of War, Halo Reach all come to mind. And that was like 15 years ago, since then their exclusives have gone off a cliff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Seems silly shooting themselves in the foot for something they're going to lose anyways

• 2Like