General Gaming News and Discussion

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Genshin Impact did $60M in its first week, $400M in two months. 24 is actually fairly low for a AAA

8M players with a $40 box cost would be $320M and then do proper microtransactions after that, would have made more (if the game doesn't suck)
They also compare it to Hearthstone for the last month, which is a terrible comparison because Hearthstone is in the middle of expansions so people have already bought everything.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Except this shit is almost always driven by white people being offended on behalf of some minority they think is too fragile to stick up for themselves.

I was about to say, I don't think these "controversies" are actually the "aggrieved party" complaining. At least most of the time, it's white people speaking for somebody else.

Said it before, it a white person thinks of black people (and gets offended on their behalf) every time they hear a word like "monkey", they are probably racist themselves. Being a master of projection seems to be a required trait for these people too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Cheating has evolved.

Meh. Sounds like it'd be easier and cheaper to just run normal cheats and buy a new account when you get banned. Also the thing that moves the mouse seems super unecessary, it's not like there's any difference between a real mouse and a tool that send mouse commands via USB to a PC. If it was a program running on the PC sure it could be detectable, but if it's just some software running on the cheat PC and sending legit mouse commands to the other PC, it'd be the exact same as a mouse as far as the receiving PC is involved. I do think the 2nd pc thing is probably a solid way to cheat without being detected though, although the costs would be much higher(first obviously you need a 2nd pc, and then you need the AI thing to use videos to aim rather than just reading memory which is a lot more involved).

velk

Trakanon Raider
Meh. Sounds like it'd be easier and cheaper to just run normal cheats and buy a new account when you get banned. Also the thing that moves the mouse seems super unecessary, it's not like there's any difference between a real mouse and a tool that send mouse commands via USB to a PC. If it was a program running on the PC sure it could be detectable, but if it's just some software running on the cheat PC and sending legit mouse commands to the other PC, it'd be the exact same as a mouse as far as the receiving PC is involved. I do think the 2nd pc thing is probably a solid way to cheat without being detected though, although the costs would be much higher(first obviously you need a 2nd pc, and then you need the AI thing to use videos to aim rather than just reading memory which is a lot more involved).

It's actually really hard to detect processes faking mouse input, I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of heuristics in anti-cheat designed to identify a real mouse from simulated mouse input. Using an actual mouse makes that completely impossible to detect.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I don't get why he keeps going on about the capture card. You can just duplicate the video output on the host PC and do the capture on the secondary PC. From what I got in the video he's doing the capture on the host PC and streaming the resulting video to the secondary one for AI analysis.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Capture card shit has been out for a while and the web cam or w/e is stupid. You can use one PC or two, but basically its a capture card that came out of China in ~2016 and it sits in one of your slots inside the PC and connects between the HDMI and Video card on the outside of your PC. (Just a separate hardware pixel scanner without the need for a webcam.) There are easier ways to spoof a mouse, but I think the designer of that was more of a fan of the fact that an actual mouse is going to have a percentage of error in its movement. The real treat for me is to see that AI is actually, finally, making its way into cheating software and that scripts will hopefully become a thing of the past.

I think AI will bring cheating to a completely new level and in an effort to fix it, developers will just have to design shit that players will WANT TO DO and not design shit players feel like they have to do. Think of all the games that have a TON of bots, and tell me what exactly those bots are doing - exactly, the 5,404,099th run of a fucking Chaos Dungeon or some bull shit.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
This is going to go well:

TL;DR: Unity's CEO John "I fucked EA really well" Ritticiello has announced that they're merging with ironSource, the company that has its own entry in Virustotal, whose main products are blacklisted by Windows Defender natively, and was the primary delivery mechanic in Equifax's hack. But that's because he wants Unity developpers to be able to design and insert monetization in their games as early as possible, and the ones who don't want to do that are "some of the biggest fucking idiots."

"What could possibly go wrong?"

• 3Picard
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
This is going to go well:

TL;DR: Unity's CEO John "I fucked EA really well" Ritticiello has announced that they're merging with ironSource, the company that has its own entry in Virustotal, whose main products are blacklisted by Windows Defender natively, and was the primary delivery mechanic in Equifax's hack. But that's because he wants Unity developpers to be able to design and insert monetization in their games as early as possible, and the ones who don't want to do that are "some of the biggest fucking idiots."

"What could possibly go wrong?"
85F92367-B63D-41A3-81A8-FEFE4B40B0DE.jpeg

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

spronk

FPS noob
the company that has only put out shitty products for the last 10 years is dead? man thats mind blowing

next you'll tell me everquest is dead and pantheon will never succeed

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
That guy is annoying as fuck, and stupid.
Extremely successful lawyer that possibly invented and single-handedly popularized a new type of legal commentary entertainment on YouTube is annoying as fuck and stupid, says local lesbian cast-out with self-stated high IQ.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Extremely successful lawyer that possibly invented and single-handedly popularized a new type of legal commentary entertainment on YouTube is annoying as fuck and stupid, says local lesbian cast-out with self-stated high IQ.
Doesn't matter how smart you are if you're whiny, annoying and nobody wants to listen to you.

Believe me, I know.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users