General Gaming News and Discussion

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
this looks pretty cool, for those that like coop Mil Sim FPS like Arma, Ghost Recon, etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This also looks neat:

That looks really good. Reminds me of a Steam Mod called Neotokyo that I used to play.

They had a carry the ghost mode, whomever carried it the most won and whomever was hodling it couldnt' shoot, but it would show where all enemies were within 15m. It also used local voice and really good players could do some insane callouts to keep people from taking the ghost.

I miss that game.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
To make it the same quality as the Amazon show, Embracer will need to transfer over all the people who used to work at Volition.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider

The ICRC listed four rules for gamers around the world to follow that apply to the rules of war.

The first rule: "When an enemy is down and can’t respond, you can’t keep shooting at them."

The second rule: "Bots that don’t fire unprovoked are considered civilians, and you can’t target or harm them."

The third rule: "In any given game map, houses, schools, or hospitals are considered safe zones that you cannot harm. When fighting in these spaces, you must do everything you can to avoid damage."

lule.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
mortal kombat reboot sep 19th release date

So, Mortal Kombat 12, except we're calling it 1 (it's 12, since Raiden is still replaced by Liu Kang, which wouldn't be if it was a real reboot).

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So, Mortal Kombat 12, except we're calling it 1 (it's 12, since Raiden is still replaced by Liu Kang, which wouldn't be if it was a real reboot).

It's so dumb. Like I said in the other thread, people are going to call it "MK12" regardless.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob

it mentions a lot of the staff have very little actual experience lol. I wonder if this is the expected result of a generational handover from Gen X who are basically cynical and lazy but don't really give a shit what people think to Zoomers who are more feelsy and woman-ish

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

it mentions a lot of the staff have very little actual experience lol. I wonder if this is the expected result of a generational handover from Gen X who are basically cynical and lazy but don't really give a shit what people think to Zoomers who are more feelsy and woman-ish
That generation thats all "feelsy and woman-ish" was getting the tech industry handed over to them a good decade ago. Im not even sure what the generation after this is known for at this point.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That generation thats all "feelsy and woman-ish" was getting the tech industry handed over to them a good decade ago. Im not even sure what the generation after this is known for at this point.
Chopping dicks off and crying a lot

Daidraco

Chopping dicks off and crying a lot
Trajectory seems about right. We're going to be in old folks homes before counter culture is no longer fighting conservatives. But at least I'll be able to shit in my diaper while I play WoW 2 by then.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Every Bioshock game has been development hell. System Shock 2, despite coming out okay in the end, was an epic disaster too from what I know.

The video game industry is a massively profitable industry that pays absolutely bottom-tier wages, not just by tech company standards, but more broadly by the standards of the high COLA areas most studies are based in. If they can't get good developers, it's because social media, crypto schemes, self-driving, other AI applications are paying literally 4-6x as much money to start.

• 1Truth!

Daidraco

Every Bioshock game has been development hell. System Shock 2, despite coming out okay in the end, was an epic disaster too from what I know.

The video game industry is a massively profitable industry that pays absolutely bottom-tier wages, not just by tech company standards, but more broadly by the standards of the high COLA areas most studies are based in. If they can't get good developers, it's because social media, crypto schemes, self-driving, other AI applications are paying literally 4-6x as much money to start.
I just.. I just dont get that. Why is it that a field where you can go from designing some database shit for Wells Fargo pay a good 30-40% more than a Game Dev where the devs work will literally make them more money, quicker? Such a fucking weird industry and its no wonder they dont attract normal fucking people.

• 1Like