General Gaming News and Discussion

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I just.. I just dont get that. Why is it that a field where you can go from designing some database shit for Wells Fargo pay a good 30-40% more than a Game Dev where the devs work will literally make them more money, quicker? Such a fucking weird industry and its no wonder they dont attract normal fucking people.
The developers put a premium on working at a game company to follow their "passion". There's so many of those types of people that the true high quality developers know they're just not going to get enough money to be worth it. It's really hard to get execs to value quality and knowledge when they see such a big financial discrepancy.

A guy I know who was making 90k a year seven years ago signed with Microsoft recently for 547k (part of that being RSU). Is not like he's the head of a division or anything, just an architect. I don't think any video game developer anywhere makes that unless they have an indie game they own that pops off.

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

What's that mean? They recorded everyone's private conversations and are gonna put all of them on a website or something so woke employers can root out The Problematic among them?

Surprised they can even do this and not sure why they would, if I'm understanding the situation correctly.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
What's that mean? They recorded everyone's private conversations and are gonna put all of them on a website or something so woke employers can root out The Problematic among them?

Surprised they can even do this and not sure why they would, if I'm understanding the situation correctly.
We really need those nifty community notes to show in the embed.

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 22-24-49 Everything Out Of Context on Twitter.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Makes no sense from a logistical standpoint. Why the fuck would they be recording that shit and storing it somewhere? Millions and millions of chats every day, every week, every month and on and on. Its a stupid assertion.

Now if this was the government then Id be like, yeah maybe.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Oh it was a joke, duh.

Shows how you can't always easily tell what's satire at this point.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser

This is out now, made by former TellTale devs apparently. Seems to have decent reviews? Anyone try it yet?

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Thought it was going to play like XCOM at first and was super pumped. Then I saw it plays like Dragon Age and now Im no where near as excited.
Assuming you mean Dragon Age Origins, either one works for me.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
5 min gameplay video of the next Aliens franchise game.

This looks fucking great. Perfect setting for this style of game. As long as it's real-time with pause, I'm fuckin' in.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

This feels like Im looking at the future of consumer hardware. Though, Im not familiar with ARM and all that shit - is there any compatibility with x86 hardware?

• 1Like