General Gaming News and Discussion

spronk

FPS noob
i don't believe new EA games jump on GamePass or EA Play, instead they are part of Origin Premiere which is a lot more $$ and on PC only. Still, all of them jump on to EA Play (and GP) within 6-9 months anyways

Gamepass also has a bunch of great games coming out next month beyond forza like Gotham Knights, Lamplighters (launch afaik) and a few others

cities skyline 2 also has been delayed for consoles, it'll still be up on PC but no date anymore for console version. Dunno about pulling saves out of gamepass games but its a lot easier nowadays since they dumped UWP and everything is stored in regular file win64 file folders without any weird permissions. Still, it is a different location for save files and it may not be possible to import it into steam. A lot of games do pretty good native cross save nowadays though, like baldurs gate 3 lets you play on steam and import the save straight into any console, ubisoft does it for all their new games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I should have added that those would be game trials. Those are all on EA Play, and neither of those games are on PC, which is where the Premiere sub is. That sub is only $99 a year btw, and since I'd buy Madden and maybe one or two other things it pays for itself and then some typically.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Saw they are going to discontinue the Series X that plays discs because the new models will all be discless. Will have to grab a X if they get to 400ish, prolly around Black Friday.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Saw they are going to discontinue the Series X that plays discs because the new models will all be discless. Will have to grab a X if they get to 400ish, prolly around Black Friday.
That sucks glad I have both Ps5 and x1x disc.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Target having a good deal on Xbox Series X right now. I had a target circle coupon for 15% off plus another one for 10 dollars off, and they are doing a promo for a free 70 dollar game with the purchase. I cancelled the free game with it and getting the system for about 405 after taxes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

if only they would cancel TLOU3 and the show now
Wow

Target having a good deal on Xbox Series X right now. I had a target circle coupon for 15% off plus another one for 10 dollars off, and they are doing a promo for a free 70 dollar game with the purchase. I cancelled the free game with it and getting the system for about 405 after taxes.
Happy The Office GIF by Cameo

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ass creed mirage sucks. (Shocking) don’t fall for the trap. There is a reason its list price is 49.99.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
People do game testing as a regular job? I did that as a side thing as a teenager to get free games like Monster Rancher and shit.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you live near a software development hub (Austin for example) then you can usually bounce around from studio to studio while you build a resume in pursuit of a permanent position.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
And still get underpaid because it’s a “desirable fun job?”
I imagine most baseline QA testers who want to get paid big $$$ in the future have a plan to elevate into other game development careers. Automated testing of games (and other software with game-like interfaces) is a pretty good career and someone with a strong background as a QA tester has an advantage.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Twitter wasn't "profitable" when he took it over

Yeah that's what I'm saying. A supposedly "profitable" company, once Musk took over, was revealed to be running at a loss of about $4M a WEEK.

Some unknown entity was financing and keeping it afloat before.

• 1Picard

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20231005_225920.jpg

20231005_225927.jpg

I can't speak for the actual game because I haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet, but AC Mirage has an outstanding preorder bonus. I expected this "art print" to basically be a glorified postcard and instead I got something high-quality.

I hope the effort put into this bodes well for the effort put into the game.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users