General Gaming News and Discussion

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As a black dude. Great! I want to at least make a character that KINDA resembles me. (Big fat black guy with diabetus and higgbloodprezzure). Or once in a while play a character that's named Tyrone. But have it make some sense. I don't want to see Zeus looking like...

View attachment 494536
I vote for Heihachi. He's not black, but he's got that angry old-man strength!
1697121889295.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Microsoft can only be a win at this point, especially for Blizzard IPs.
I don't know how you came to that conclusion. How's Halo doing? Gears of War? Minecraft Dungeons all but redefined the RPG what with its billions of potential players?

• 1Worf

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't know how you came to that conclusion. How's Halo doing? Gears of War? Minecraft Dungeons all but redefined the RPG what with its billions of potential players?
Because there is a pecking order to shitty AAA game studios and Microsoft is at least 4th or 5th down the list after EA, Activsion, and Ubisoft.

Hasn't Microsoft changed their approach in the last 10 years to be less shitty after seeing the Halo IP get run into the gutter? I don't generally play many AAA games, so don't closely follow the race to fuck over consumers as much as possible.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Because there is a pecking order to shitty AAA game studios and Microsoft is at least 4th or 5th down the list after EA, Activsion, and Ubisoft.

Hasn't Microsoft changed their approach in the last 10 years to be less shitty after seeing the Halo IP get run into the gutter? I don't generally play many AAA games, so don't closely follow the race to fuck over consumers as much as possible.
I don't think they've done well considering inflation and the giant influx of revenue over Covid. Halo infinite bombed, GoW is dead, MS Flight Sim got reneged as a fixture title with "permanent" support, Minecraft Dungeons, a game with basically unlimited upside, was trash. Starfield is the latest exclusive thing that's exactly what I expected: Creation Engine trash number 87.

Also, being inoffensive isn't the same as making great products. I take them as more gamer friendly than some pubs you listed, which I do appreciate, but they've taken no risks to publish games that define genres for quite some time.

• 1Mother of God

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
...they've taken no risks to publish games that define genres for quite some time.

And nothing about this purchase changes that unfortunately. But I do hope that they can inject some GOOD talent at Blizzard now.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
And nothing about this purchase changes that unfortunately. But I do hope that they can inject some GOOD talent at Blizzard now.
Yes I mean it's not bad, it's just not good simply because it's not bad. They haven't really been knocking things out of the park left and right. Best case they just put the right resources into Blizz products and they become decent again.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The best thing that could happen to Blizzard at this point is the ole yeller treatment.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I want to feel bad for all the people about to lose their jobs however...

fuck 'em. 85% who will lose their jobs are useless and talentless anyway. Good devs with skills and no social baggage have no trouble finding new jobs. Only the purple-haired-agenda-driven-pronoun-trannies are out of luck. Even if by some odd miracle they happen to be somewhat skilled they wont be hired because companies are slowly realizing that hiring them adds no value.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I vote for Heihachi. He's not black, but he's got that angry old-man strength!
View attachment 494804
In a game where this dude exist you recommend the black dude play Heihachi!?

Get Some Martial Arts GIF by BANDAI NAMCO

This guy was totally fucking broken when released too. In fact, Japanese fighters have a ton of OP black characters.

Guilty Gear Vampire GIF by Xbox

Video Game GIF by CAPCOM

As this whole woke thing has progressed its not so much that I hate them shoe horning black characters in video games and movies, its that I FUCKING HATE zoomer/western culture.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users