General Gaming News and Discussion

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Fuck off with this shit. Boomers area product of the generation that raised them; a generation that told them to go get rich off the greatness of post-war United States supremacy. Now their whiny ass kids are begging them for a handout and when they say "go earn it like I did" they get told to die. Like you or any other human being would give up the jobs or real estate that they have because the mewling generations after you keep complaining that life isn't fair and blame you instead of going and doing anything productive themselves.
This is the mother of bad takes. Lmao.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Fuck off with this shit. Boomers area product of the generation that raised them; a generation that told them to go get rich off the greatness of post-war United States supremacy. Now their whiny ass kids are begging them for a handout and when they say "go earn it like I did" they get told to die. Like you or any other human being would give up the jobs or real estate that they have because the mewling generations after you keep complaining that life isn't fair and blame you instead of going and doing anything productive themselves.
But... they got handouts!

My grandfather walked onto a railway line and got a job as a driver with hardly any education, he then walked into a engineering firm and they trained him as an engineer. My aunt got a free university education and earned well above national average wage as a teacher.

My father walked into a factory after failing high school and they trained him as an electrician, getting a mortage on a house and afford two kids by 25.

So I do what they tell me, I'm the second in my mother's family and first in my father's family to go to university. I get the same job my wealthy aunt and uncle got, I'm in debt from University and I got a house by 35 because my Wife's aunt died and she got two payouts for various malpractice issues. I would have been better off doing the working class jobs my father and grandfathers did.

Most people my age has a story like this, 4chan especially has even worse with stories of generational assets being sold off to fund cruise retiremenets.

The same opportunities would have been nice. At this point "doing something productive" is guillotining boomers, which I will vote for.

Main culprits are feminism and immigration, which boomers implemented in government and taught in schools.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why do they owe you "generational assets" I dont understand where this line of thinking comes from? They worked their asses off to retire and now have to live like bums so they can hand a pile of cash and assets to their offspring? Like WTF?

There is plenty of opportunity to be had. Except these younger generations think they will just go to college, being dumb as fuck in the first place, come out with some bullshit degree, and make $100K+ a year. All those real opportunities are some how beneath them.

I got nothing handed to me. Worked my way through college, got a REAL engineering degree, worked as a co/op student at an engineering shop for peanuts for years, although thy did pay for my classes. Bought my first house by 23.

My kid got recruited right out of a high school vocational class to do HVAC right when he graduated. But you know, who the fuck wants to do that type of shit, right? Better off getting an art degree and then wonder and be mad at the fucking world when youre flipping burgers to pay off them student loans.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My dad was in prison and my mom made 1997 minimum wage 40 hours a week. I busted my ass in college. Even swapped majors to hedge bets if I decided medicine wasn’t for me.

The only people I ever see whining either majored in a bullshit degree or have absolutely refused to assume risk. I have an employee. Makes about 100k. Swears he cannot afford a house. Pisses away rent. If he’d bought the house when he moved here or in the first year, he’d have locked in 3% easily. And 100k will get you approved to like $250k. He moved here in 2020, which was at least a year before inflation went boom on housing. He bemoans generational wealth. He’s one of two kids with boomer parents that are sitting on a goldmine they actively tell him he will get half of.

so what is he bitching about? All but 20k of my investments are self funded. I got 10k from my dad on a back child support thing. And my grandmother gave me 10k about a year ago when she realized she’d never spend her shit. She’s mid-80’s, so silent generation? She still tends her flower beds and gardens. My dad has already told me he intends to spend all that money he can when it comes to him. So shrug.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hey I'm not saying that people didn't land in the right careers and are not doing fine, good for you guys. I'm doing above average for the UK myself, but think I could have done better.

But there's an awful lot of people who got free/cheap educations and cheap housing decades ago who still think that's still the case. Some of them even voted for those things to end.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well here in the US there is no free or cheap. also I didnt "land" anywhere, I worked hard for what I have.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
But... they got handouts!

My grandfather walked onto a railway line and got a job as a driver with hardly any education, he then walked into a engineering firm and they trained him as an engineer. My aunt got a free university education and earned well above national average wage as a teacher.

My father walked into a factory after failing high school and they trained him as an electrician, getting a mortage on a house and afford two kids by 25.

So I do what they tell me, I'm the second in my mother's family and first in my father's family to go to university. I get the same job my wealthy aunt and uncle got, I'm in debt from University and I got a house by 35 because my Wife's aunt died and she got two payouts for various malpractice issues. I would have been better off doing the working class jobs my father and grandfathers did.

Most people my age has a story like this, 4chan especially has even worse with stories of generational assets being sold off to fund cruise retiremenets.

The same opportunities would have been nice. At this point "doing something productive" is guillotining boomers, which I will vote for.

Main culprits are feminism and immigration, which boomers implemented in government and taught in schools.
Is UK university as expensive as US?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you mean stealing the future of every subsequent generation by eradicating the earning potential of the American worker then yeah they worked their asses off.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Why do they owe you "generational assets" I dont understand where this line of thinking comes from? They worked their asses off to retire and now have to live like bums so they can hand a pile of cash and assets to their offspring? Like WTF?

There is plenty of opportunity to be had. Except these younger generations think they will just go to college, being dumb as fuck in the first place, come out with some bullshit degree, and make $100K+ a year. All those real opportunities are some how beneath them.

I got nothing handed to me. Worked my way through college, got a REAL engineering degree, worked as a co/op student at an engineering shop for peanuts for years, although thy did pay for my classes. Bought my first house by 23.

My kid got recruited right out of a high school vocational class to do HVAC right when he graduated. But you know, who the fuck wants to do that type of shit, right? Better off getting an art degree and then wonder and be mad at the fucking world when youre flipping burgers to pay off them student loans.

I know a dude who went from an office job into commercial HVAC. He makes like $120k and gets overtime and bonuses. Seems to be where the real money in HVAC is. He said that the controllers for commercial units are all done in old school C programming. You just have to connect some terminal tool and dick with it and mess with live code which I think is lol. He's one of like 5 people at his company that can do that part so big bucks come his way.

I do think the cost of university is dumb and the way kids are pushed into it is detrimental. As for the Boomer generation which degree you got generally didn't matter and by the 00s it does. So they go to wherever get something stupid easy like Communications because they're dumb kids and nobody ever sat them down and talked about costs or job prospects for the education they pursued.

At the same time lots of dumbass kids just halfass it and take the easiest route possible, such as switching from engineering to communications, and expect top outcomes. I joined the army at 18. Which resulted in me entering university at 23 with loads of credits under my belt, everything else paid for, and plenty of cash on hand after working for 5 years and being a cheapass. Point being, for those willing to work hard success is there and will continue to be there.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
To bring this back on topic, what's the IRL meta for changing careers in your 30s/40s?

If we could do another playthrough of IRL it would be so easy. I feel like I'm in an RPG with an OK build but seeing the overpowered shit streamers are using and I can't restart.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
To bring this back on topic, what's the IRL meta for changing careers in your 30s/40s?

If we could do another playthrough of IRL it would be so easy. I feel like I'm in an RPG with an OK build but seeing the overpowered shit streamers are using and I can't restart.
I harp on this a lot but I have seen a lot of people move into Salesforce, ServiceNow, and other enterprise platform specialties later in their careers. As the pay is excellent and you can move into the field with most backgrounds.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Show us on the doll where the Boomers touched you.
It's right here in the illegal immigration, dead friends and family from their wars, destruction of American culture, complete lack of social responsibility for preserving tradition and completely retarded cultural relatavism, hollowing out of the American workplace they took advantage of to squeeze profits for a few extra bucks and the endless entitlement to free money programs despite collectively not saving at all for retirement.

I mean I can't even begin to judge gen z for being lazy and entitled if I can't also judge the boomers who created the society they're coming of age into. Wouldn't be right to mock people who think you can for example get an MBA and become a highly paid manager right out of school when, you know, that's literally what boomers did in many cases.

But at least they all agree Israel is our greatest ally! Give me a break lmao, they're degenerate.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boomers suck .

They grew up in a world where their dollar bought a great living, lived in a liberal fantasy and imported multiculturalism and sold out the rest of the nation to foreign interests. By far the fakest and gayest generation including turbo fag zoomers

• 12Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 13 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Boomers suck .

They grew up in a world where their dollar bought a great living, lived in a liberal fantasy and imported multiculturalism and sold out the rest of the nation to foreign interests. By far the fakest and gayest generation including turbo fag zoomers
amen-anchorman.gif

• 2Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The biggest problem with boomers are the conservative ones were asleep at the wheel and didn’t wake up. My dad is as Trump loving as can be but he also got sucked into drug culture that seemed to be huge with boomers. Now he realizes his failures. It’s too late.

You wanna hear some real talk about racial harmony, ask any dude that’s been to real prison. My dad still has a couple black friends, but boy is he anti immigration and very much in-group oriented.

• 2Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
Is it though? there is a hint of truth in that statement. Post boomer generations have been getting more and more shit.
I would consider that a byproduct of technological advancement. My grandfather (silent generation) never had electricity until he joined the military, something we take for granted today. Are we therefore exponentially more privileged?

It's been beaten to death over the last few pages but western boomers were given the world on a platter via world War 2 victory. Then they spent their lives not only pissing away what their parents built, they also mortgaged their heirs to sustain their vanity.

In other beneficial news for government and policy they helped usher, most people who actually rely on inheritance in the form of land are unlikely to get it, anyway. They won't be able to afford the taxes that come with the transaction and will be forced to sell the land. My grandfather currently pays no property taxes on his farm land, but once he dies that gig is up.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users