General Gaming News and Discussion

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Bro I'm pretty sure I don't know anything about speed running I just know whenever a single game of Tetris takes the better part of an hour it's not speed anything.
As gavin said it's an all encompassing term for "completing" games as fast as possible under xyz criteria.

Some take hours when they are 100% completing a game without any use of bugs or glitches.

If you guys want to see the level of autism these people have, watch this 30 minute video about speedrunners trying to master a single glitch in one level of Mario 3;

• 1Like
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
how much poop would a poopsock sock if a poopsock could sock poop?
randy marsh audience GIF by South Park

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
As gavin said it's an all encompassing term for "completing" games as fast as possible under xyz criteria.

Some take hours when they are 100% completing a game without any use of bugs or glitches.

If you guys want to see the level of autism these people have, watch this 30 minute video about speedrunners trying to master a single glitch in one level of Mario 3;

I hodj'd this video, please hodj me IRL for watching it (on 1.5x speed).

• 1Like
  • 1Hodjing

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know what some of you did in EQ. Dont be throwing stones in our glass house.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I know what some of you did in EQ. Dont be throwing stones in our glass house.
Camping raster for 30 hours doesn't compare to spending hundreds of hours with laser sharp focus trying to master a pixel perfect jump.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Camping raster for 30 hours doesn't compare to spending hundreds of hours with laser sharp focus trying to master a pixel perfect jump.
They’re both pretty stupid let’s not kid ourselves.

• 6Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bro I was sever first Fiery Avenger on Morrel Thule!

Which is probably less famous than this autist beating Tetris...

... Fuck

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Bro I was sever first Fiery Avenger on Morrel Thule!

Which is probably less famous than this autist beating Tetris...

... Fuck
I world firsted so much shit on EQ2, and even I don't remember most of it. A lot of us wasted a lot of years on MMO's. While we joke about it I'm pretty sure a good percentage of this board probably is actually autistic.

• 2Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

The massive virtual world based on Ernest Cline’s novel “Ready Player One,” and the subsequent Steven Spielberg-directed 2018 film, is trying to become real.

AI and metaverse technology and content company Futureverse has announced the formation of Readyverse Studios, a studio co-founded by Cline and film producer Dan Farah.

Readyverse Studios has also officially partnered with Warner Bros. Discovery to exclusively bring the “Ready Player One” franchise to the metaverse across web3.

Readyverse Studios will also maintain exclusive web3 rights to all future intellectual property created by Cline. The company expects to launch this year and in a statement says:

“Readyverse Studios is laying the groundwork to bring the promise of the open metaverse depicted in Cline’s ‘Ready Player One’ novel and the blockbuster film adaptation into a tangible reality: a multi-world, multi-IP, interoperable open metaverse experience for mass consumers.
The Readyverse will champion the principles of the open metaverse, which are provable digital ownership, community-owned infrastructure, decentralization, security and interoperability.”
“Ready Player One,” which starred Tye Sheridan, grossed $583 million at the global box office.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

The massive virtual world based on Ernest Cline’s novel “Ready Player One,” and the subsequent Steven Spielberg-directed 2018 film, is trying to become real.

AI and metaverse technology and content company Futureverse has announced the formation of Readyverse Studios, a studio co-founded by Cline and film producer Dan Farah.

Readyverse Studios has also officially partnered with Warner Bros. Discovery to exclusively bring the “Ready Player One” franchise to the metaverse across web3.

Readyverse Studios will also maintain exclusive web3 rights to all future intellectual property created by Cline. The company expects to launch this year and in a statement says:

“Ready Player One,” which starred Tye Sheridan, grossed $583 million at the global box office.

I thought Zuckerfag closed shop on the metaverse?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I thought Zuckerfag closed shop on the metaverse?
They could just be using the generic term metaverse that existed before Zuck. Or maybe they license pieces of the tech out. I haven’t cared enough to research it much.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Zuck is still all in on his idea of metaverse. Watch the recent Lex Freidman interview inside the metaverse. They did cut a large number of positions for whatever the Wall Street version of virtue signaling is, but they're quietly still hiring.

• 1Imbecile

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The tech that will be the foundation for such a VR world won't exist for 20 years. Zuck simply wants to own the pre-foundation in hopes of being the final winner when virtual world development is achievable. Vaporware for now, domain name camping in essence, so hopefully whoever does it decades down the line gives him or his successor the middle finger.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The tech that will be the foundation for such a VR world won't exist for 20 years. Zuck simply wants to own the pre-foundation in hopes of being the final winner when virtual world development is achievable. Vaporware for now, domain name camping in essence, so opefully whoever does it decades down the line gives him or his sucessor the middle finger.

He'll be dead before then.

No one wants his vision. Why do I want to 'virtually' walk in a store, versus buy the item I want in one click? Why do I want to virtually 'walk up' to a person at work to ask them a question, versus send them a message? Why do I want to virtually walk over to a 'movie theater' to watch a movie, instead of just putting it on my TV, or even just right in the headset.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
He'll be dead before then.

No one wants his vision. Why do I want to 'virtually' walk in a store, versus buy the item I want in one click? Why do I want to virtually 'walk up' to a person at work to ask them a question, versus send them a message? Why do I want to virtually walk over to a 'movie theater' to watch a movie, instead of just putting it on my TV, or even just right in the headset.

Uh… it’s all fake and gay, but to be fair I think all of that garbage is just some initial bullshit with the goal being Star Trek holodeck shit, no? I don’t think he wanted to just make life with extra steps.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Uh… it’s all fake and gay, but to be fair I think all of that garbage is just some initial bullshit with the goal being Star Trek holodeck shit, no? I don’t think he wanted to just make life with extra steps.
Right but that's kind of my point, he'll be long dead before VR is anything but a gimmick.

• 1Solidarity