General Gaming News and Discussion

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
holy shit the library. They have games? Since when? I mean its been decades since ive been to one but shit, I didnt even know. Time to get a library card, lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
holy shit the library. They have games? Since when? I mean its been decades since ive been to one but shit, I didnt even know. Time to get a library card, lol.
Yes they do drag shows and game rentals now.

• 10Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 12 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I would take a fucking robo voice with no emotion or acting at all over no voice so I dont have to sit there and read reams and reams of dialogue and other writing in some RPG games.
Fuck that, I’m not about to spend twice the time or more listening to shit voice acting when I can just read it and move on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I still dont see the whole "competition" thing youre claiming there would be. Games are not like TV, in that youre only playing one at a time, so you would sub to the game you want to play. And maybe check out some others while youre there. Not all of them at once. Content would still drive people to certain game companies they like, right? How many games do you play at the same time?

As for the turning to shit, thats a fucking opinion, man. I mean today we get to have more entertainment than ever before in the history of TV. And ive been around for a while. Back tot he days of having 5-6 channels on the TV, then the whole expensive ass cable craze of the 80s and beyond. Today you have anything and everything you ever wanted to watch is prob on there somewhere for pennies per hour. From great sci-fi down to chick flicks for your wife and endless kids shit for your kids. So you saying its all turned to shit while I say this is really a great time for home entertainment. Sure there are a ton of services, but you dont have to sub to all of them at the same time either. Apple has great sci-fi, amazon has their things that are great plus you can rent shit on there too. Netflix kinda went sour over the years but there is still great shows and movies on there. Hulu has some goodies too. I mean we all binged the fuck out of the good ones so now there is less and less. Plus there is the youtube thing which is free, with pretty much endless shit to watch depending on what your interest is. Any fucking hobby or interest will innnundate you with 100s of hours of videos.

Jesus Christ, Dude. You realize how hypotheticals work, right?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That's cool and all, but where are her nudes?
I immediately thought she must be able to put that level of coordination into something amazing. Then I realized the logical equivalent was a gang bang.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
No, that was the easy mode.

She eventually beat it playing 2 copies of the game at the same time:

She also beat it with one hand, including Malenia.

Lots of souls in her house, her roommate is Elajjaz who still holds the world speed record for Dark Souls.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yes they do drag shows and game rentals now.

Unfortunately, this is actually true.

She also beat it with one hand, including Malenia.

Lots of souls in her house, her roommate is Elajjaz who still holds the world speed record for Dark Souls.

I wonder if Elajjaz is hittin' it. If so...niccccce.

If you go between the hours of open and close, good chance you get to see a hobo jack off at the computers too

There are a lot of perks to going, and this is just one of 'em.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
IMG_20240118_164427.jpg

Library.

IMG_20240118_164050.jpg

I'd say this is one of the more limited current-gen selections I've seen for a library, too.

IMG_20240118_164206.jpg

Good place to find physical media of shows too. Doctor Who in particular, various old Star Treks. Instead of mussing with all these streaming services you van put a disc in and watch it like the Lord intended.

• 6Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 509980
Library.

View attachment 509982
I'd say this is one of the more limited current-gen selections I've seen for a library, too.

View attachment 509981
Good place to find physical media of shows too. Doctor Who in particular, various old Star Treks. Instead of mussing with all these streaming services you van put a disc in and watch it like the Lord intended.
Thats pretty cool. I guess entertainment and games isnt quite in the same vein of what I think of when I imagine whats in a modern Library. The nicest Library Ive ever been in was the Stephen something in New York. It was maybe 2014 last time I was up North that far, but I dont remember seeing anything like games, though. A big movie section, but when I glanced over them - they were mostly educational or historical interpretations like Alexander iirc.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Library collections will mostly reflect what their patrons ask for. They have material request forms on their websites.

I've seen libraries that lend out baking pans, sports equipment, telescopes, even seeds. Some even have 3D printers you can reserve time to use after being trained.

• 1WTF
  • 1Mother of God

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, and I dont buy into your dumb hypothetical model you came up with.

Do you have brain damage? It wasn't my hypothetical, and if you don't "buy into it" then why the fuck do you keep responding like it's an actual thing?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

Depends, of course. My library is a pretty large regional one and doesn't have games. Same problem with Blu-ray in that they get damaged too easily and can't run through the repair/resurfacing machine. Whereas DVDs (and previously audio and music CDs) can go through the machine like 10 times, so are more cost effective.

You're paying for the library whether you use it or not, so I recommend people get their card and make the liberal staff "person" confused when they/them says it's "free" and you explain how taxes work.

Many libraries use the Libby app that has a decent amount of audio books. And there's a streaming app called Kanopy that I've never gotten to work but has some streaming content.

Where gaming would work is being able to access a game stream service through you library card. Which would be cool, but probably expensive and not sure if that would be a good use of funds.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I remember when Avatar first came out and I saw it in Imax 3D and it wow'd me. I was really impressed by the visuals and the environment/ planet. I think many people were. It wasn't really for the story but the visuals. Everyone was talking about it back then. I barely heard anyone say anything about the 2nd one though. My wife said she watched it on Disney+ and said it was ok. I haven't seen it yet. There was a renew interest in Avatar because Disney opened up Pandora at Animal Kingdom. The floating rocks took some impressive engineering.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I remember when Avatar first came out and I saw it in Imax 3D and it wow'd me. I was really impressed by the visuals and the environment/ planet. I think many people were. It wasn't really for the story but the visuals. Everyone was talking about it back then. I barely heard anyone say anything about the 2nd one though. My wife said she watched it on Disney+ and said it was ok. I haven't seen it yet. There was a renew interest in Avatar because Disney opened up Pandora at Animal Kingdom. The floating rocks took some impressive engineering.
Right. 3D gimmicks and CGI was barely still cool when the first came out. Now it's shitty blue furry version of the Avatar story. Lots of people talked about having seen it, don't know a single person who actually ever talked about it or cared. Even presuming maybe there are some closeted retards who really connected to the story, how many even cared by time the second came about? Whole thing seems entirely manufactured by marketing.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I remember when the Avatar trailer came out and they actually included the cliche "not in Kansas anymore" line featured in the trailer and I realized it was for retards and chicks (read as: retards) and refused to pay to see that shit in the theater even though my retarded girlfriend at the time was hyped for it.

I'm not saying it's bad just because I didn't like it before I even saw it or that people can't enjoy terrible products. I'm just saying it was really bad, but people (and women) are retards so of course it was hugely successful.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Hey there's a topical game coming out because of all the recent events

• 2Worf