General Gaming News and Discussion

Djay

Trakanon Raider
2,506
582
I played a good bit of NBA 2K last year and the game was infested with "Zens". Basically made it so they'd be able to program their jumpshots to always hit the "green" window and never miss. I assume there's stuff like that for every sport game now.

I remember in the SNES days when I first heard rumors of devices that let you play against other people online how amazing that sounded at the time. :rolleyes:
 

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,191
10,883

I have no idea how bullshit those numbers are. I haven’t played much multiplayer besides MMOs and ARPGs since the 360 era. just lost my interest in it.
cheating, my now poor reaction skills and getting called a faggot and or jogger by a 14 year old that just learned how to cuss is most of why I don't multi-play any more.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
9,754
4,881
Cheaters are just a different type of troll/edge lord for the most part. When you play enough you don't get bothered by it as much because you know it's some 14 year old kid swiping his mom's card and then getting identity thefted OR some Russian guy cheating because he wanted to see if he COULD. Or they're just Chinese people.

Chinese people do it because their society is fucked and all the males are considered worthless unless they produce results by any means necessary. There was a documentary a few years ago about it, China just had this huge boom of lonely males and they did anything they could to stick out including cheating because it was more important to get noticed, even if dishonorably, than to fall into the dregs with most people.

Then there's the less common and harder to detect boomer that uses "soft cheats" to try and be competitive because they just aren't/weren't. Stuff like wallhacks in X radius, loot radar, soft-toggles for bodys that don't aim lock but find the target. These guys are all over stuff like Battle Royales and BattleField/CoD, but they're much harder to detect unless you get to spectate them for a while. Add in aim assist which does half of that for free on a controller and you've really got to know your shit to understand who is and who isn't cheating in most shooters now.

Unless they're spinning like a helicopter shooting everyone in the head from spawn, but out of 20 cheaters I encounter in these games, about 2 of them are like that.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
1,229
488

I have no idea how bullshit those numbers are. I haven’t played much multiplayer besides MMOs and ARPGs since the 360 era. just lost my interest in it.
There is a lot to be said regarding with sorta boom and/or normalization of playing video games.. the average across the board is way higher than it was 20 years ago, which invites a lot of fuck you money type of people who are willing to pay a subscription to cheats for their month or two of fun. A lot these games are "punishing" when you can't 9-5, or have 5-10+ years of experience.

I've played counter-strike since beta.. and the sorta explosion of the average cheater was exponential after crypto, gambling, and skin value skyrocketed.. it's tapered off in that regard but the cheater demographic has more or less remained.. and while it is easier to point foriegner=cheater, there are definitely a lot of NA/CA cheaters too.. It's the same type of person who buys bot follower or viewer count from my experience. And it's basically smoking meth, once you do it you're likely to contiune doing it.

I don't cheat, but my strive to being "good" at a game is to make people think I cheat.. so I can only imagine the high is somewhat close.
1790700189326.png