General Gaming News and Discussion

Burren

Golden Baronet of the Realm
7,631
14,258
It actually breaks my heart to see how many retards are still saying shit like, "I don't see why it's a big deal... it's not even that good."
Absolute fucking retards. Every time you see where A.I. is at, that is the worst it's ever going to be. And once they have all of the different models talking to each other, and training each other, in real time across the planet... the exponential growth is going to be mind-blowing. The Singularity is upon us.
Right now is actually the best (least bad) it’s going to be, from here on out. It will get stronger and scarier daily.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
47,956
132,100
If an AI Overlord is the price I must pay to get Bloodborne 2, well I am willing to pay that price.
 

Burns

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
9,520
18,411
Before watching this I wasn’t aware of what has been going on. TLDR: A.I. is hacking things on its own volition, including government sites. Humans might still have control, but I bet it’s slipping away fast.
Yeah, more shit keeps getting dug up on the Hugging Face incident and people are scrambling to get a handle on what it means. Saw the Species YT channel video yesterday go over it.

The "doomer" AI channel short video on it. He already has videos of what this could lead to, in his speculation videos:


Also related, from yesterday, Gamer Nexus reporting on the AI meeting in DC (worthless and silly):
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
47,956
132,100
Yeah, more shit keeps getting dug up on the Hugging Face incident and people are scrambling to get a handle on what it means. Saw the Species YT channel video yesterday go over it.
I want to watch this but can't atm. Is there a TL:DR about the Hugging Face incident? Or some article?
 

Burns

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
9,520
18,411
I want to watch this but can't atm. Is there a TL:DR about the Hugging Face incident? Or some article?
I've only really listened to various AI people talk about it in a few podcast type interviews/debates over the last two months and the most recent videos linked above. With how the info about the event has been released, even in print it's probably going to be piecemeal, where you have to go through multiple write-ups, in a similar manner to the videos.

Just watched the Kurzgesagt video and since it probably takes week or more to make, they start off with the info released weeks ago, then put in an update at the end for what the Species guy goes over. The Species video goes over the newer info in more detail.
 

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
13,555
14,155
The problem is not the AI itself, the problem is the dumbing down of literally everyone to the point that A.I. won't be able to save use eventually. Factor in the amount of resources it takes to run these data centers, how is it boon to humanity if it uses more resources than we do? We just double or triple our resource usage and watch the planet die? I'm not an enviromentalist but I can see what's coming if they don't get reigned in.

Also, what happens to us when war or power loss happens? We sacrificed our intelligence for A.I. that can no longer be used, what's the backup plan then? I can tell you there isn't one. We get wiped out, the end. There is no planning going on here, it's only being driven by money and the desire for profits, they don't give a fuck what happens to humanity. It's all short sighted and that's why I refuse to use it. Rushing it out the door is folly.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Golden Baronet of the Realm
7,631
14,258
The problem is not the AI itself, the problem is the dumbing down of literally everyone to the point that A.I. won't be able to save use eventually. Factor in the amount of resources it takes to run these data centers, how is it boon to humanity if it uses more resources than we do? We just double or triple our resource usage and watch the planet die? I'm not an enviromentalist but I can see what's coming if they don't get reigned in.

Also, what happens to us when war or power loss happens? We sacrificed our intelligence for A.I. that can no longer be used, what's the backup plan then? I can tell you there isn't one. We get wiped out, the end. There is no planning going on here, it's only being driven by money and the desire for profits, they don't give a fuck what happens to humanity. It's all short sighted and that's why I refuse to use it. Rushing it out the door is folly.
Everything in the history of the world boils down to power, money, and control. We’re very likely fucked.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
25,099
31,802
maybe if AI kills everyone DDR5, SSDs, and sata drives will be cheap again

meanwhile another game i've never even heard of and won't play, while there aren't any crazy elden ring/expedition 33 type games this year it does feel like there is an overwhelming amount of solid 8.5/10 games this year. control resonant, FE weave, nioh 3, pragmata, ace combat, blood of dawnwalker, lego batman, mortal shell 2, Re9, silent hill townfall, star wars zero company, AC Black flag remake, crimson desert, dragon quests, just endless games i wanna play lol

 

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
78,465
184,641
maybe if AI kills everyone DDR5, SSDs, and sata drives will be cheap again

meanwhile another game i've never even heard of and won't play, while there aren't any crazy elden ring/expedition 33 type games this year it does feel like there is an overwhelming amount of solid 8.5/10 games this year. control resonant, FE weave, nioh 3, pragmata, ace combat, blood of dawnwalker, lego batman, mortal shell 2, Re9, silent hill townfall, star wars zero company, AC Black flag remake, crimson desert, dragon quests, just endless games i wanna play lol


don't forget video cards, theres no reason a cheap 5070 starts at almost $900
 

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
20,315
45,160
Yeah, more shit keeps getting dug up on the Hugging Face incident and people are scrambling to get a handle on what it means. Saw the Species YT channel video yesterday go over it.

The "doomer" AI channel short video on it. He already has videos of what this could lead to, in his speculation videos:


Also related, from yesterday, Gamer Nexus reporting on the AI meeting in DC (worthless and silly):

Wasn't this basically part of the plot of cyberpunk with the black wall?
 

Burns

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
9,520
18,411
Wasn't this basically part of the plot of cyberpunk with the black wall?
I've seen that referenced before, although I'm not a big Cyberpunk lore nerd. Something about the Blackwall being required because humans in cyberpunk could be physically harmed by the rogue AI hunter/killer swarms.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
19,075
15,562
I've seen that referenced before, although I'm not a big Cyberpunk lore nerd. Something about the Blackwall being required because humans in cyberpunk could be physically harmed by the rogue AI hunter/killer swarms.

The original internet is fully taken over by AI, many of which harbor hatred of mankind. Because tech is so integrated into society and people, the black wall acts as a barrier to protect the new internet and in turn society from the AI that live in the old one. Although counter views are it also protects the AIs.

Although AI isn’t totally illegal - the AI system at The Clouds and Delamain are examples of AI existing in human society (although if you have have high intelligence, you can integrate all of Delamains fractured parts and he decides to leave human society and go back to where all the other AI live)
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users