Genshin Impact

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Started seeing several posts about Genshin Impact and how its an FTP RPG with some saying it's like Zelda BOTW. It piqued my interest when read it was coming to mobile, PC, and PS4. Supposedly, Switch will be coming next. Its currently in closed beta atm.

10-hour stream of the current closed beta

EDIT: Updated Info Below

Release: September 28, 2020, on PS4, IOS, Android, and PC

Cross-Save: Enabled between Mobile and PC but unfortunately not on the PS4. PS4 is on its own.

Cross-Play: Enabled for all platforms.

Coming to PS5 and Switch in the future.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Helpful Items Below

Interactive Maps: Genshin Impact Interactive World Map
Chinese Interactive Map

Party Builder: Party Setup - GENSHIN.CC

Eh4mxraWkAYQgfQ.jpg

Eh4mxrDXcAY398X-_1_.jpg
1601494990291.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fairly chill game, but also very much a gacha game. You get access to 4 free characters via the main story, then 1 more via an achievement, none of them is a healer. All the healers are locked behind gacha. Some characters only become strong once you rank them up via getting them in a gacha roll. Made by the same company that makes / runs Honkai Impact, so there business model is pure mobile focused. Combat is good and becomes really good once you start switching characters to fire off elemental combos.

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Zindan Zindan Ahh, thanks! That's pretty much the info I was looking for. Should be fun to check out whenever it's released. Being a gacha your luck sounds like it could really make or break the game but as long as the gacha currency flows enough it might not be so bad?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game has various currencies for you to use. You can get the gacha currency by doing achievements, leveling up, hitting story milestones.. which is all limited once you've done those things. There is a currency that lets you enter the various dungeons (small things, usually just 1 room with like a horde mode mechanic). Then there is a currency that allows you to open the world boss chests. You get a set amount of those currencies each day. Though you can buy more, of course. ;p

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This game is suppose to come out soon and it does look like a fun BoTW clone. Not into gatcha games but hopefully can just play through the story without focusing on gatcha while I wait for Cyberpunk to come out.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Need to know more about it before actually even attempting to play it.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah its just funky how you instantly switch on top of yourself. Asian thing?

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Updated the original post with new info and some helpful websites and charts. Releases on the 28th.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I’ll check it out because I’ve been looking for something casual on the phone when I’m stuck somewhere with nothing else to do. I think I’m gacha’d out though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The dev's lowered the amount of gacha currency that players can earn by a noticeable amount from the final closed beta to the current CN open beta. If you play, you'll have a pretty quick start in the first month as you collect most of the one time only currency rewards, but going forward you'll earn less and less, while also being able to play less and less (for loot dropping activities). This is a full on 100% cash grab, but you can do all content with the free characters they give you, but the higher end content could become quite difficult without $$ or very good luck.

I intend to play until I feel pressured into spending, since the whole exploration aspect of the game is pretty nice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some newer information with the release later tonight / tomorrow. They will be giving out enough of the gacha currency to make 30 or so rolls, depending on what you want to roll on. There will be 3 Character Banners, and maybe a 4th for weapons. These will be the Beginner Banner, limited to 20 rolls, but guaranteed to reward the character Noelle, only has Characters and 3* weapons (any character you get will be a 4*), so with 20 rolls max, you're guaranteed at least 2 Characters (Noelle + Another).

Then there will be a Standard Banner that has several characters (5* & 4*), but also weapons. This Banner sucks, avoid it. The next banner is a limited rate up banner for the Character Venti, with 3 other 4*, and weapons. There could be another limited banner strictly for weapons, with several 5* weapons to try for.

So by the time you reach Adventure Level 10, you'll get all the free currency from pre launch events: 20 Acquaint Fates (used for Beginner / Standard Banners) and 1600 Primogems (can be used to buy more Acquaint Fates, or the Intwined Fates used for the Limited Venti / Weapon Banners). This doesn't include the Primogems you'll earn via exploration, leveling up, and Story rewards. With all that currency, you'll be able to get at least 2 characters, and 1character or weapon. Not bad.

They have also made a release event where you can get the character Barbara for free if you hit Adventure Rank 20 before the v1.1 patch hits (probably 2 weeks), which is really nice since she is the only dedicated healer (there are other characters which can do group heals, but they are 5*) and hitting AR20 should be pretty easy. In total, you'll end up with a good set of characters for free: Amber (fire archer), Lisa (electro mage), Kaeya (ice melee), Xingxiang (fire melee), Noelle (geo melee), Barbara (water mage), and at least 1 more 4*.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just finished my preload on phone. Need to figure out the desktop client when I get home. And do some research on characters/ pulls to keep.

Is there a reload for rerolls or is that necessary here?

• 2Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Also got it preloaded on my phone. Dunno how much I'll be playing on PC but downloading it there anyway. Thanks for the heads up Zindan Zindan

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just finished my preload on phone. Need to figure out the desktop client when I get home. And do some research on characters/ pulls to keep.

Is there a reload for rerolls or is that necessary here?
Rerolls require different emails, though the "salting" method seems to work. There is some fear of being banned due to a lot of CN accounts getting nuked, but those were mostly from 3rd party software use, and account selling with 5* (the 5* accounts were inactive for more than 24hrs, so they got nuked). I wouldn't be too afraid of rerolling if that is what you want to do, so you can just do "[email protected]" then use [email protected], example.2, etc.

I plan on playing PS4 at first to see how the controller works and hit AR10 for all the freebies, if controls are fine I'll hit PC. It seems you still cannot customize keybinds, so you'll be stuck with the default setup on PC, which sucks for me, thus the controller use. I would only reroll if you really really want to try for a 5*, the line up you'll get for free is more than capable of clearing all content up to the late floors in Spiral Abyss, but it will take a bit to get there anyway.

The current 5* characters that a lot of people are drooling for are: Venti, Keqing, Qiqi, and Mona. Just keep in mind that no character is as good as it can be without getting several dupes of it to gain perks from their "Constellation". So a 4* with a couple dupes will outperform any 5*.

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Got on my phone/ipad and pc through their launcher. Excited to whale it up in this like I do every. single. other. gacha game.

This one seems unique in that it looks like a fully fledged RPG with Gacha/$ systems layered into it. At least the devs have seemed fairly transparent in that and the design of the game is appealing to me. Haven't played this or paid much attention to it but I'm in.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Really like these behind behind the music deals for movies, neat to see how it's done for the game. Great score.