Genshin Impact

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Pretty decent game for free. Don’t really understand all the garbage currency; don’t really care. Enjoying the characters I’ve got so far just playing. Exploration is great and combat loop is interesting enough with elements involved. There’s a lot to do and see. Cool graphics and music also.

Definitely a weird game. I can kinda understand the F2P mindset but the base game is entertaining enough to warrant the bandwidth even if you (like me) basically abhor F2P mechanics.

It’s free. Squadrons isn’t out for a few more days. Shrug. Fun enough for me.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I do enjoy this part of the game where I have no idea what anything does. Not sure anyone has any equipment, what any item does, or have even bothered leveling anyone up. Someone got some levels or some Adventurer's Advice? Did equip one bow that dropped from a tougher mob out in the world. Almost Adventure Rank 11 and just finished off part of the Pirate Treasure quest. The elemental status is completely lost on me because brute force has carried me thus far. Need to look in to that more.

Haven't done any pulls yet either. Might need to do that eventually but was waiting for Zindan Zindan 's above post for some guidance :)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gearing is very similar to any mmo you've probably played where you can upgrade/level up the items. So for gear, right now, don't worry about upgrading much (aside from the requirements in your Adventure Book where it could say lvl up a weapon to 10). You'll get a 4* Sword at AR10 from the Adventure Guild rewards. Here is a vid showing how to enhance weapons:

Leveling up Character level is pretty much the same way. Select the character you want, and you should see an option to "Level Up" on the screen somewhere. That will open up a screen that shows you the various Books you've gotten, each type will give different amounts of XP, so try to use them smartly so you don't waste Xp by going over by a large amount.

Try to use the Adventure Book as a guide on what to do / try, since it wants you to do a lot, but it also gives pretty good rewards for doing them. If you don't have it by AR11, make sure to go talk to the Adventure Guild lady again (she is close to the entrance of Mondstadt). You have probably completed a lot of them already.

There is a chart on page 1 here showing how the various elements interact with each other, and making use of those interactions becomes more important as you go further into the game, especially vs. Shielded mages.

Now, I'm wondering if anyone here has come across this puzzle:
202092961524.jpg

Gotta find 4 of those little blue spirts and guide them to their resting spots, but I cannot find the 4th. This spot is West of Mondstadt in the area called "Wolvedom". I've ran all around this area, but that last spirit is mia.

Edit: Of course, just after I post this, I find the spirit behind a rock wall you need a Claymore user to break. Puzzle unlocks an AR16 Domain dungeon.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I do enjoy this part of the game where I have no idea what anything does. Not sure anyone has any equipment, what any item does, or have even bothered leveling anyone up. Someone got some levels or some Adventurer's Advice? Did equip one bow that dropped from a tougher mob out in the world. Almost Adventure Rank 11 and just finished off part of the Pirate Treasure quest. The elemental status is completely lost on me because brute force has carried me thus far. Need to look in to that more.

Haven't done any pulls yet either. Might need to do that eventually but was waiting for Zindan Zindan 's above post for some guidance :)
For rolling, if you're not going to do the rerolls, wait til tomorrow. There is a new event that will start which will give you 10 Intertwined Fates (Venti banner currency) and then 160 Primogems for the next 11 days (total of 1760). So if you haven't spent any currency on rolling you should have quite a bit:

22 Acquaint Fates, these are used for the Beginner and Standard banner. Use them all on the Beginner banner.
10 Intertwined Fates, these are for the Venti banner.
2000+ Primogems, these can used to buy either Acquaint Fates or Interwined Fates. I would probably buy the IF's, since that will get you another 10 rolls.

Now there are other currencies that you get each time you make a roll, for each item/character you get, and of course there 2 types of that currency, lol:

Starglitter, this is the rarer currency that you get from 5*/4* character / items.
Stardust, this the common currency that you get for each item you get.

If you open the Shop and select Paimon's Bargains, you can buy stuff with that Starglitter / Stardust in limited quantities. Don't buy anything other than Intertwined or Acquaint Fates, all that other stuff can be farmed up over time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Gearing is very similar to any mmo you've probably played where you can upgrade/level up the items. So for gear, right now, don't worry about upgrading much (aside from the requirements in your Adventure Book where it could say lvl up a weapon to 10). You'll get a 4* Sword at AR10 from the Adventure Guild rewards. Here is a vid showing how to enhance weapons:

Leveling up Character level is pretty much the same way. Select the character you want, and you should see an option to "Level Up" on the screen somewhere. That will open up a screen that shows you the various Books you've gotten, each type will give different amounts of XP, so try to use them smartly so you don't waste Xp by going over by a large amount.

Try to use the Adventure Book as a guide on what to do / try, since it wants you to do a lot, but it also gives pretty good rewards for doing them. If you don't have it by AR11, make sure to go talk to the Adventure Guild lady again (she is close to the entrance of Mondstadt). You have probably completed a lot of them already.

There is a chart on page 1 here showing how the various elements interact with each other, and making use of those interactions becomes more important as you go further into the game, especially vs. Shielded mages.

View attachment 306447
Gotta find 4 of those little blue spirts and guide them to their resting spots, but I cannot find the 4th. This spot is West of Mondstadt in the area called "Wolvedom". I've ran all around this area, but that last spirit is mia.

Edit: Of course, just after I post this, I find the spirit behind a rock wall you need a Claymore user to break. Puzzle unlocks an AR16 Domain dungeon.

I actually just did that one but b/c I don't have a wind guy yet can't get the 4th Seelie thing.

The floating wispy things that you can do something to provide a wind current, I know there was a tutorial on the 1st encounter but for the life of me no idea how to do that. A few Anemoculous I can't reach b/c of that. hah.

Went ahead and did those 20 beginner banner rolls. Noelle, Razor, Chongyun.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually just did that one but b/c I don't have a wind guy yet can't get the 4th Seelie thing.

The floating wispy things that you can do something to provide a wind current, I know there was a tutorial on the 1st encounter but for the life of me no idea how to do that. A few Anemoculous I can't reach b/c of that. hah.

Went ahead and did those 20 beginner banner rolls. Noelle, Razor, Chongyun.
The main character is Wind by default! You can swap out party members whenever you are out of combat. You can also make parties with different characters and select them.

There are little swirly sprites on the ground sometimes, usually when you see something up in the air, or if you see those white glowy circles. Use the MC in its Wind state, run over the swirly sprite and use a your E skill, or if the white glowly circle is right above the swirly sprite, use the E skill right there. That will cause an updraft that you can jump into and glide up.

Razor and Chongyun are really good characters and actually synergize well together, that was a good pull.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah, the MC, rofl. I stopped using that nerd when I got my Waifu archer and electric wizard!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Okay I really like this game - the best part of it is actually just the random exploration/bosses/puzzles/what's over that cliff/waterfall/bridge etc. The Gacha is pretty secondary so far but has its uses and is still a fun little distraction. The quests are the best way to level up your AR I take it? Enjoy those as well but not near as much as just traversing the map aimlessly. Ran across a lvl 32 boss that I fought for about 20 minutes and could only manage to bring it to half health (all my characters are lvl 20).

Anyone playing on PC getting a very weird little stutter/freeze every now and then? Not happening on phone or ipad, but my pc (rtx 3080, 3900x, 32gb ram) gets these odd little hitches every now and then. Kind of annoying.

Plays great on PC though, controls aside and is a pretty good looking, bright colorful game.

A+ to them for having UWD support at launch as well.

Last thought, this game is going to make a shit ton of money and become a "thing" - I saw it had over 100k viewers on twitch last night. 100k, for a mobile/gacha type game is unreal when AAA games are getting less than half those views. It'll fade I'm sure, but that is crazy to me.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 306447

That's why this game will be big, imo. It's not the Gacha or the quests - the world is interesting and fun to explore and when you "figure something out" it makes you want to continue that exploration. It's also fairly rewarding in itself to explore a pretty game world and discover new stuff

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Okay I really like this game - the best part of it is actually just the random exploration/bosses/puzzles/what's over that cliff/waterfall/bridge etc. The Gacha is pretty secondary so far but has its uses and is still a fun little distraction. The quests are the best way to level up your AR I take it? Enjoy those as well but not near as much as just traversing the map aimlessly. Ran across a lvl 32 boss that I fought for about 20 minutes and could only manage to bring it to half health (all my characters are lvl 20).

Anyone playing on PC getting a very weird little stutter/freeze every now and then? Not happening on phone or ipad, but my pc (rtx 3080, 3900x, 32gb ram) gets these odd little hitches every now and then. Kind of annoying.

Plays great on PC though, controls aside and is a pretty good looking, bright colorful game.

A+ to them for having UWD support at launch as well.

Last thought, this game is going to make a shit ton of money and become a "thing" - I saw it had over 100k viewers on twitch last night. 100k, for a mobile/gacha type game is unreal when AAA games are getting less than half those views. It'll fade I'm sure, but that is crazy to me.
Smooth as butter here on a much less powerful system (1060, i5 3750).

They will need to be able to release regions at a consistent pace, if possible, since everything you see in the world right now is once only. The puzzles / chests will never reappear, and from what I saw in the CBT's, there didn't seem to be a world refresh where new stuff would appear.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Smooth as butter here on a much less powerful system (1060, i5 3750).

They will need to be able to release regions at a consistent pace, if possible, since everything you see in the world right now is once only. The puzzles / chests will never reappear, and from what I saw in the CBT's, there didn't seem to be a world refresh where new stuff would appear.

I think respawns are limited to common chests and items on ground / ore. For ore, since the respawn is several days, you can co-op to get items in several worlds. Important to note that if you do random coop, people can travel to your ore spots and mine them without you getting anything (you have to be in range for both to get the drop). That only works for ore though since that spawns as loot when you break the ore. If someone loots a flower or any ground spawn in your world, it's gone for you too. People who join in coop can not open chests.

I am adventure level 10. So far gotten Mona (5 star), and the lightning bow girl (who is ranked SS tier on all rankings while only being 4 stars) and Noelle or whatever her name is from the beginners pack. Think I've been fairly lucky with them since there are tons of videos talking about rerolling to try to get a 5 star and I got one on my third try.

I like the game. Exploration is great, stuff to find everywhere. Combat is good too. Kind of like a Tales game. Can be simplistic or advanced. I did buy the 5 dollar 30 day pass.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lost track of time last night playing this, it's fun. I recommend rolling the beginner banner for your discount 20 rolls, then roll the Venti banner as much as you can. Not only is Venti really good, but the 4* units on the banner are all great also, and you can't roll a 5* weapon to troll you.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think respawns are limited to common chests and items on ground / ore. For ore, since the respawn is several days, you can co-op to get items in several worlds. Important to note that if you do random coop, people can travel to your ore spots and mine them without you getting anything (you have to be in range for both to get the drop). That only works for ore though since that spawns as loot when you break the ore. If someone loots a flower or any ground spawn in your world, it's gone for you too. People who join in coop can not open chests.

I am adventure level 10. So far gotten Mona (5 star), and the lightning bow girl (who is ranked SS tier on all rankings while only being 4 stars) and Noelle or whatever her name is from the beginners pack. Think I've been fairly lucky with them since there are tons of videos talking about rerolling to try to get a 5 star and I got one on my third try.

I like the game. Exploration is great, stuff to find everywhere. Combat is good too. Kind of like a Tales game. Can be simplistic or advanced. I did buy the 5 dollar 30 day pass.
Yea, the ore / plants will respawn, not sure on the actual timer. No one has confirmed that common chests respawn, but there are so many chests I imagine its next to impossible to really keep track.

Mona paired up with Lisa is a really good combo. I have Fischl as well, but I'm not really seeing why she is considered the best support dps. I got Venti this morning, so I now have Keqing and Venti. I need to find a way to regen the Ults for Keqing and Venti faster, add in Xingliang and you have the possibility of creating this giant exploding black hole with all their elements blending, lol.

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Been rerolling all day... so far the best account is a razor/fischl/chong/barbara... thinking about just rolling with that. No five stars yet. edit: haha. next roll got a venti/fischl/xiang/barbara... gonna go with that. fuck it.

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Wow. The slow download speed for the PC client is ridiculous.

I was able to play a little last couple of days on my phone. Preloading pulled in an hour running in the background on my phone. This is bullshit. All fuckin' day and only 40%...

1601415433124.png

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Are the accounts the same across platforms? Specifically PC to Android.

Yeah it is all platform cross play from what I understand.

*edit: I lied, it looks like PS4 is treated differently from a cross account standpoint? But that doesn't impact your PC to Android.

• 1Like