Genshin Impact

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So from you dudes that are in end game territory whats the best way to level, do I do all quests first leaving as many chests for the dry 40+ period, or do I do chests and quests and it does not matter. About to hit 30 for reference.

So far I have been doing a little of both.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So from you dudes that are in end game territory whats the best way to level, do I do all quests first leaving as many chests for the dry 40+ period, or do I do chests and quests and it does not matter. About to hit 30 for reference.

Some new chests seem to spawn at least up to rank 40. I believe it’s been confirmed that chests don’t respawn and rewards are not tied to level so there’s no reason to ignore them if you’re close to one. Quests end at 36 so almost all your AR xp is going to come from daily commissions and using resin. AR xp requirement per level jumps a bit between 40-41 (~8k 39-40 then ~11k 40-41). AR 40 is effectively a soft cap until more quest content is added.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Make use of the CN Interactive Map for chests / seelie / oculi, if you haven't already. Then look through youtube (or this thread) for vids showing various hidden chests around the world (especially the mining ones).

CN Interactive Map

It gets hammered a lot, so it might be slow. Its a lot better than the any other map I've seen.

Edit: When / if you hit AR 40, don't worry too much about farming for artifacts like some people suggest, the drop rate for the 5* artifacts is pretty low. You can make better use of your resin by doing Ley Lines / Bosses. Farm the Talent domains until all your characters that you think you'll play have their Talents up to 6-7 (at 7 you'll start needing drops from the weekly bosses... so meh). It will take quite awhile to hit ar45, let alone ar50 (unless the Dragonspine region is very well populated), so just burn resin on those ley lines for mora / xp books, and bosses as needed, but you won't be able to ascend characters or weapons again until ar50.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Is this book in Liyue lootable? Seen it since the start and have never been able to pick it up.

1603580191304.png

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Huh... what possible quest am I missing? Or is it a Daily Commission quest? Really confused now.
There’s a locked chamber in a cave next to the nearby waterfall. I don’t remember how it began but I think it was the ruins south of the nearby village then you talk to Granny?

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
There’s a locked chamber in a cave next to the nearby waterfall. I don’t remember how it began but I think it was the ruins south of the nearby village then you talk to Granny?

Yeah I've done that one, if it is what you're referencing. The one where you fight the 3 Ruin Guards and then loot the treasure. Maybe I've already done it and the sparkly just never went away. Oh well, was irritating me.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
no

Go to little town, speak to npc, then speak to grandma, solve and collect 3 pieces of broken rocks with scribbles, go bnack to grandma to decipher symbols, then go do boss battle in cave, collect loot, go back to grandma to complete quest. The book might be some lore type shit about quest?

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it’s lore for the quest. It also still sparkles for me.

• 1Like

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Not sure if I agree with waiting until ar 45 to farm artifacts. Maybe not go ham on ar 40 with all your fragile resin, but the difficulty definitely spikes, and if you don't have good enough gear 45 might shit on you. Grind is real.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Agree with that. once you do your ascensions upon hitting AR40, if youre missing any materials for that for your main DPS'ers, do those first. after you got those out of the way fully upgraded, THEN go for artifacts. don't cash in all your fragile resin though, just use the resin you regenerate. wait till 45 to cash in your fragile resins.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I use 1 or 2 primo refresh and a few resin weekly at AR42 until I hit the weekly resin bp cap. With artifact RNG being what it is waiting until AR45 to use it makes little difference imo. So I get a better shot at more +def, +hp legendary artifact fodder woo!

Just steady maxing all my chars to 60 ascend and 4 chars to 80 to use as main dps. Taking the long view of having multiple chars ready of each element for future abyss and such and hoping I get usable artifact pieces while doing that.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The new event coming tomorrow or tuesday has BP rewards, so make sure to do that each day if you're falling behind. After spending some fragile resins / refreshes on running ar40 domains for artifacts, I found it to be pointless since the goal was to get 5*'s. They were too rare to make spending that resin worthwhile. At ar45 you are guaranteed a 5* each time, and sometimes two. To me, its far better to concentrate of building up my characters now via Leveling / Talents / Mora / XP Books.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The new event coming tomorrow or tuesday has BP rewards, so make sure to do that each day if you're falling behind. After spending some fragile resins / refreshes on running ar40 domains for artifacts, I found it to be pointless since the goal was to get 5*'s. They were too rare to make spending that resin worthwhile. At ar45 you are guaranteed a 5* each time, and sometimes two. To me, its far better to concentrate of building up my characters now via Leveling / Talents / Mora / XP Books.

I've been hearing from several sources, artifact farming at 40+ is a waste of resin basically. I don't know though, I am about halfway through 33 atm.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I mean it's only a waste of resin in the fact that there is no way in hell +def/+hp isn't weighted as a higher chance of roll, but it's also the best time to get those set 5 star versions of those +def/+hp pieces.

I ran 10 domain for witching set yesterday and out of 6 legendary and however much other crap I got only 1 single piece rolled all dps stats and that was a purple.

I haven't upgraded my 2 main dps artifacts since AR20 but that doesn't prevent me from progressing so /shrug.