Genshin Impact

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
the new area is pretty cool, and it's awesome to have some new things to do. with all the free wishes from ascending my characters, I got the character I wanted the most (Qiqi) and a stringless I need to figure out if I want to use. From what I've seen so far, people have been pleasantly surprised by Albedo, so I may not be able to resist throwing at least a ten-bomb at the banner to see what happens. I'm fairly close to pity, and suddenly Ganyu looks less important to my team(s).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I was at 50 or so pity yesterday when 1.2 landed and so was very surprised when I pulled Albedo. All those free wishes from character ascensions netted me my first 5* weapon (Skyward Harp). I'm already at 94% completion for Dragonspine because I no lifed the shit out of this for a couple hours last night after servers came back up and all day today.

I haven't spent any money on the game outside of battle pass and the 30 day gem thing since it first launched and have the full 4* roster and all banner 5*s except Child (who I didn't really pull for, I don't like how he plays).I don't have Keqing, Qiqi, Deluc, or Jean for standard banner 5*s and managed to get a C1 on Mona.

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Decided to use my gems on the new banner cause i wanted another Fishel and Bennet and wouldnt mind Albedo. Long story short i now have a C5 Sucrose...

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I got to pity on the standard wish with the update, turned out to be a wolf's gravestone. Pretty good I suppose, though I was hoping for a Jean since I don't care for the other anemo characters. I wonder if they will ever put those characters on a focus banner.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I got to pity on the standard wish with the update, turned out to be a wolf's gravestone. Pretty good I suppose, though I was hoping for a Jean since I don't care for the other anemo characters. I wonder if they will ever put those characters on a focus banner.
Demone Kim thinks they're likely to put the standard banner 5 stars in the Paimon shop like they have a couple 4 stars on monthly rotation now.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I doubt that very highly, at least not for the next year until they actually start hurting for money.

I got a Wolf's gravestone with my standard wishes too, unfortunately i dont use a single claymore wielder lol.

Ah well, at least it'll be ready to go if I ever get Diluc.

Still very unimpressed with Albedo from everything I'm seeing. You're better off slotting in a similarly built up Xingqiu, zhongli, or venti/sucrose, or even Noelle. His only purpose is support DPS and so many others fill the role better. His biggest problem is that his damage stats are split - you want full defense for the blossom's added damage, but full attack for the initial blossom damage and his ultimate.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Not sure how this will look for others, but there's an account stats page for your account now. Here's mine:

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Got c1 for Bennett, another xiangling (so c4 I think) and my first Albedo today. Have no real stash of leveling mats after taking Qiqi up to 60/70 and all talents to 6, but it gives me something else to continue to play for. I just opened up the new domain but didn’t get time to run it yet. Looks like I’ll continue to do the battle pass every 6 weeks for the near future, but not spending anything more than that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Does this get good? Got to the first city. So far it's borderline pedo unskippable weeb dialogue.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Does this get good? Got to the first city. So far it's borderline pedo unskippable weeb dialogue.

If you dislike anime then skip tbh as it's ever present.

It's 100% a triple A game bogged down by a shitty mechanic that you can participate in as desired otherwise.

Chris

Potato del Grande
If you dislike anime then skip tbh as it's ever present.

It's 100% a triple A game bogged down by a shitty mechanic that you can participate in as desired otherwise.
I like Anime, I'm just starting to dislike every Asain game being a waifu simulator.

Can the "story" scenee be skipped in any way?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I like Anime, I'm just starting to dislike every Asain game being a waifu simulator.

Can the "story" scenee be skipped in any way?
As far as I know all scenes can be sped through but not skipped entirely. Sometimes you have to wait for animations to finish before it lets you skip that line.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
They’re pretty cringe worthy but there’s a badass one every 2 out of 50. It is not a strong selling point of the game. Any other setting than the anime/waifu (thanks for auto correcting that to Saudi) and it’d be better received. The story is actually not bad if a bit jumbled.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Yeah, I tried to get into this, but the combat feels repeatitive and the world, while pretty, feels empty.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The world is pretty amazing really, until you get everything, then its the deadest place ever.

I'm convinced all this talk of Venti, etc being "forever gone" is bullshit. I don't think there's an official source on the matter but I cannot imagine they are locking this out forever. Soemone had made the comment that this is coming out on the switch here soon and there's no way they are going to release on the switch and not allow them to go back and get some of these loved characters (namely Venti). My good friend who is AR48 did not get Venti at the time, because he didn't know how good he really was, and did his rerolling for a diluc. Watching him play withouit Venti and me with Venti is a world of difference. Venti is so fucking busted, and the difference he makes is just obscene. The only thing Venti doesn't do that I hope he does someday is suck up Klee's little bombs from jumpity.

I just hope they bring Klee back. She's extreme DPS for me now, and at C4 she can drop 500k+ hits, and I'm so used to her playstyle she doesn't feel clunky.

I wished on the banner with 7100 primos I had saved up so I could get some extra fischl's and sadly I ended up with a C1 Albedo and C2 Keqinq (had the Keqing before). Three 5 stars in 7100 primos, and only got 1 fishcl.

Feels bad.

1609368528755.png

Last edited:

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I'm convinced all this talk of Venti, etc being "forever gone" is bullshit. I don't think there's an official source on the matter but I cannot imagine they are locking this out forever. Soemone had made the comment that this is coming out on the switch here soon and there's no way they are going to release on the switch and not allow them to go back and get some of these loved characters (namely Venti).

There is no way they don't add them again, for either a chance for people to get them for the first time (especially new players), or get more constellations.

Every banner has a story tied to the main character. So far it's always been "act 1" with a "to be continued" when you conclude the story. Other than the prologue, I don't think anything has gone past act 1 for any main story character. My guess is that they will keep up with that format with one or more story characters that you can summon for per banner. Meaning Venti and Klee can be summoned for again whenever the main story catches up to them.

For Klee it will most likely be as a tie in to Alice as a character. For Venti it will most likely be tied to the Fatui and the main lady there at some point since she did the thing she did. So possibly a banner in the middle of a major patch, since there are always two banners between a 1.X patch which they plan to do every six weeks.

They also might take the route of adding old 5* characters to the monthly store rotation once the roster starts adding up. Or rotating characters in/out of the standard banner. Like Dilucs story gets to act 2, he gets a banner slot and at the same time rotates out of standard, and Venti goes in his slot for the standard banner.

Several options, but a guarantee they will be back. Pretty sure they are just calculating which way causes the most spending before they announce anything.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So wait, why/how is Venti busted? I want to take advantage of him...

Also, the last part of the event just opened up, right? I came back right around Xmas so I'm a bit behind, but I think I can catch most of the stuff to get the bonus for the sword.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So wait, why/how is Venti busted? I want to take advantage of him...

Also, the last part of the event just opened up, right? I came back right around Xmas so I'm a bit behind, but I think I can catch most of the stuff to get the bonus for the sword.

You should be able to. The other parts aren’t resin limited, so you can do them as much as you want. The one that relies on the blue crystal drops from mobs would probably take the longest. Haven’t logged in yet to look at new parts.