<Gold Donor>
Judge:
Someofthepickles.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't expect them to be savants, but I do expect them to not make Mike Nifong look like a saint. So I think that's the most shocking aspect, at least for me.

Let's not forget how weak and shitty their case is. Their choices are either stare at the jury with shrugged shoulders or be slimy fucks

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I tried a few criminal cases early in my career and the prosecutors basically tried to cheat/lie to the court in 2 out of 3.

Prosecutors are fucking scum. I have no respect whatsoever.

I've felt this way before watching other high profile trials but goddamn do I never want to run afoul of the criminal justice system. They need to relaunch the Scared Straight program and center it around courtrooms rather than prisons.

• 2Solidarity

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Can a judge actually do that? I thought that once a jury came back with a verdict, the judge's only leeway was sentencing.
Judge can enter a judgment non obstante verdicto, where he just takes the case away from the jury entirely as a matter of law

• 2Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Okay I missed why they are talking about pixels, are they trying to disqualify certain pieces of evidence for being altered/enhanced or are they just wasting my time?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Okay I missed why they are talking about pixels, are they trying to disqualify certain pieces of evidence for being altered/enhanced or are they just wasting my time?

The prosecution has a couple photos they enlarged they want added so they are fighting over what magnification does.

edit - this poor fucking expert goddamn

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The photos they are trying to admit are supposed to be state's evidence that bicep boy's testimony is true that Kyle "reracked" his AR before shooting him.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The defense seems to be, correctly, arguing that interpolation changes the original photo and may not actually show what was happening. The panel on Rekieta yesterday discussed the precedence but I don't remember what case they mentioned.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
The photos they are trying to admit are supposed to be state's evidence that bicep boy's testimony is true that Kyle "reracked" his AR before shooting him.
I tried to see on the videos where he supposedly cycled the action, but he's either so fast at it that I can't catch it or I'm retarded? Did he actually cycle the action?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
I tried to see on the videos where he supposedly cycled the action, but he's either so fast at it that I can't catch it or I'm retarded? Did he actually cycle the action?
No its just some bullshit from bicep boy to make it sound like he was justified in trying to shoot Kyle.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
I thought I recalled earlier in the trial someone watching his right hand and it never left the grip to cycle a round. So either he did it off-hand which would be easy to see or he didnt do it.

Caliane

Enlarged images should not be allowed for sure. they 100% add visual artifacts.

• 1Truth!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
There was like one single zoomed in frame I think while Kyle was on his back that the sloppiness of the quality almost makes it ambiguous as to where Kyle's right hand is.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The defense seems to be, correctly, arguing that interpolation changes the original photo and may not actually show what was happening. The panel on Rekieta yesterday discussed the precedence but I don't remember what case they mentioned.

This is actually pretty interesting. I never thought about what a zoom actually does. It seems plausible that if you were mega zooming on a photo that the pixels being added by the algorithm might change things enough to be disputed. That this is all just common place stuff in a courtroom (as argued by fatty) I find more concerning that convincing.

You zoom, the algo adds pixels, it chooses colors for those pixels, how it does that we don't know. Is that picture the same? Don't know. Did we gain more insight or did we add information that changed what we see?

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Looks like this is about chomo not bicep boy. I know earlier they made a big point about bicep boys testimony of Kyle "reracking" his AR.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I thought they accounted for all the rounds fired + ammo left in the mag? They also found no live round at the scene which would indicate he racked another round as the one in the chamber would have been expelled.

• 1Like

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Those honkies in the Arbery case are fucked. The optics of rednecks piling in to their pickup armed with shotguns to chase after a black dude are horrible even if he was a burglar they had footage of. They're going to try and say that when Arbery came around the truck he grabbed the one dude's shotgun which is why they shot him. That version of events will be disputed plus the prosecution will hammer home that Arbery was no threat to be chased down like an animal and a call to the police was all that was needed.

Yeah... And to be honest, I find it hard to find sympathy for them. Regardless of what Arbery had done, that kind of small town vigilante justice just isn't going to fly in 2020 (that was last year, right?). Don't slowly follow after people in a pick up truck and then get out armed to "deal with them" when they try to escape. The optics are especially bad with the racial factor and the fact that one of the pursuers was ex-law enforcement with a history of dealing with Arbery.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.