Get Out (2017)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This movie was boring. Just really boring.
Agreed. There wasn't anything overtly scary or creepy about it, so I'm not sure what type of movie it was trying to be. I was under the impression it was a thriller, or horror, or something remotely unsettling.

It wasn't a bad movie, it just wasn't anything special that would make me tell someone else to watch it, because what really happened?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
There wasn't anything overtly scary or creepy about it, so I'm not sure what type of movie it was trying to be.

I found it very creepy, and my stomach churned loud enough for everyone in the room to hear me at least once.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Watched it last night, New chose. I didn't look up any info on it so I watched without any preconceived notions.
Immediately thought of Stepford as in, duh. Some of it I found disturbing, but I liked the clever use of the Taxidermied deer. I am always up for multipurpose tools.
Didn't hate it but wouldn't watch again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most overrate movie of 2017. It wasn't bad, but how the fuck this can get a near perfect RT score makes you wonder.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I liked this movie. I thought it was over the top goofy.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It's not a masterpiece and it's also not shit. Was just a fun 2 hours, no regrets.

spronk

FPS noob
next movie

44fo5fxt3sc71.jpg

Get Out!
Us?
Nope.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didn't find the movie SJW. Coming from a Black person's perspective that lives in a White community, it hit home. Blacks represent 1.5% of the town I live in. It's also an affluent area. Deep down I know that if there's going to be an Apocalypse and the government shuts down, that you white devils are coming for me. If the goverment ever institutes a purge, I know what to expect.
I still havent seen this movie all the way but my city was 90% white in 2000. Only purge would be the meth heads and homeless which is mostly white people

woot!

Trakanon Raider
This movie was just named "greatest screenplay of the 21st century" by the Writers Guild of America.
Ratings are something very subjective, but how did this happen ?
It felt pretty average when I saw it, and I personnaly wouldn't rank it as first in it's own category.
But "Get out" is by no means even on par with any movies by Tarantino or Nolan just to give very basic examples.
How is this rated as being superior to No Country for Old Men, Inception, or Children of Men ?!? Fuck off

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Are you really asking why a movie written by a black man about about people being persecuted by whites was given such an award by Hollywood in 2021?

1638952746353.png

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Gotta admit the 21st century hasn't been that amazing for film making.

Also, lol at repacking a bunch of vintage horror and science fiction tropes and getting called the best ever. Don't get me wrong, it does a great job of reusing themes from Night of the Living Dead, the Manchurian Candidate, etc. but that's ultimately all it is - a very clever rehash.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
This movie was just named "greatest screenplay of the 21st century" by the Writers Guild of America.
It felt pretty average when I saw it, and I personnaly wouldn't rank it as first in it's own category.
But "Get out" is by no means even on par with any movies by Tarantino or Nolan just to give very basic examples.
How is this rated as being superior to No Country for Old Men, Inception, or Children of Men ?!? Fuck off
Dave Chappelle No GIF

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Early 2000s were amazing for films: Snatch, Aviator, Lord of the rings, the prestige, American psycho, Idiocracy, Gladiator, Minority Report, Nolan Batmans, Adaptation, superbad, Napoleon Dynamite, Hot Fuzz, there will be blood... all of them better than Get Out.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
get out! - black man defeats white cult by picking cotton

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

Screenplay is just the written portion, not the final product.

Per your examples, Screenplay can't factor in Tarantino's feet shots or Nolan's inaudible dialogue, so they were right out.