Ghost of Tsushima

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I started a new game on lethal and I'm constantly getting my ass handed to me. Going to keep going and see if I git gud.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I started a new game on lethal and I'm constantly getting my ass handed to me. Going to keep going and see if I git gud.
one thing i learned about lethal
fire
fire really fucks you up
fire arrow or fire blade almost insta death

i'm currenting redoing game on lethal with full archer build and only using ghost weapons.

i refuse to take out the sword.

then i noticed my game is fucking raining all the time

then i find out
Ghost of Tsushima creative director Nate Fox explained that, "The game is definitely scripted to provide more storms as you do things which are extremely Ghost driven."

• 1Worf

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Wow, just completed Act II:

Even knowing it was coming and prepping for it for a while, that was tough. The most poignant thing done in a very Japanese style that exacerbates the poignancy. This game, beautiful and painful.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
So this game is fantastic and I’m loving it.

Not to be that guy, but just as an example of this shit literally creeping into everything, there’s a side quest that has a man who sneaks off to a grave site to mourn his gay lover. The Dance of Death Mythic Tale, one of the intended recipients of murder.

A fag in feudal Japan, just because it’s current year. Again, I love the game and it hasn’t affected my enjoyment of it at all, but I just shake my head at how it has to be fucking shoehorned into EVERYTHING. This post is just meant to be a data point showing that it’s literally everywhere, for no reason.

There’s no need for the usual idiotic responses to a post like this. This isn’t a black Heimdall or TLOU2 tranny character level thing. I just wanted to point it out, it didn’t really rustle me, so no need to give me the usual business.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Not to be that guy, but just as an example of this shit literally creeping into everything, there’s a side quest that has a man who sneaks off to a grave site to mourn his gay lover. The Dance of Death Mythic Tale, one of the intended recipients of murder.

A fag in feudal Japan, just because it’s current year. Again, I love the game and it hasn’t affected my enjoyment of it at all, but I just shake my head at how it has to be fucking shoehorned into EVERYTHING. This post is just meant to be a data point showing that it’s literally everywhere, for no reason.

There’s no need for the usual idiotic responses to a post like this. This isn’t a black Heimdall or TLOU2 tranny character level thing. I just wanted to point it out, it didn’t really rustle me, so no need to give me the usual business.
Well if you studied the history it wouldn't of been main stream yes lets shove some cocks up our ass. But love between two men was not exactly some super taboo.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

hey man, the more you read about samurais, the more you see that they studied "the way of the sword" in every which way.

jin looks like he's 30 and he's not tapping any ass

• 1Worf

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You also overlooked that Old Murder Lady Samurai had a carpet munching side piece and that was front and center, story wise. I am fine with it, because there was not an overt shove it in your face delivery on it, just a "this happens to be this" footnote approach. That is frankly how gays should be handled in games, where its as relevant as the color of your hair or middle name and not some big spotlighted thing that defines the entire character.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You also overlooked that Old Murder Lady Samurai had a carpet munching side piece and that was front and center, story wise. I am fine with it, because there was not an overt shove it in your face delivery on it, just a "this happens to be this" footnote approach. That is frankly how gays should be handled in games, where its as relevant as the color of your hair or middle name and not some big spotlighted thing that defines the entire character.
dude, he probably didn't get that far... i would spoiler, cuz they're both in the same act2

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
dude, he probably didn't get that far... i would spoiler, cuz they're both in the same act2

Yeah, that.

And also the fact that I don’t think “gays need to be handled” in games at all. At least not in literally every game.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Relations between male teacher and male student was very much part of everyday life in samurai traditions. If anything you should be glad there's no sidequest about Jin having to polish Ishikawa-sensei's recurve wrinkled longbow.

Anyway, it's a non-issue, the game wasn't heavy-handed about it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Relations between male teacher and male student was very much part of everyday life in samurai traditions. If anything you should be glad there's no sidequest about Jin having to polish Ishikawa-sensei's recurve wrinkled longbow.

Anyway, it's a non-issue, the game wasn't heavy-handed about it.
thats why masako gives him a hard time "taking in" a young girl heh

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
they are adding co-op mode for Ghosts

This looks cool but I need more info. New game mode? Can you do story this way(makes no sense)?

Never mind, here’s the info.

Today I am very excited to reveal Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, a new online cooperative multiplayer* mode that will come as a free download for Ghost of Tsushima owners on PS4 later this year.

Legends is an entirely new experience — it’s a separate mode that doesn’t follow Jin or the companions from his journey, but instead focuses on four warriors who have been built up as legends in stories told by the people of Tsushima. Ghost of Tsushima’s single-player campaign focuses on an open world and exploring the natural beauty of the island, but Legends is haunting and fantastical, with locations and enemies inspired by Japanese folk tales and mythology and an emphasis on cooperative combat and action.

We designed Legends to be an exclusively cooperative gameplay experience. You’ll be able to partner up with friends or via online matchmaking and play Legends in groups of 2-4 players. Each player can choose from one of four different character classes: the Samurai, Hunter, Ronin, or Assassin. Each class has unique advantages and abilities that we’ll reveal in the future.

With two players in Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, you’ll be able to play a series of co-op Story missions that escalate in difficulty, building on the foundation of combat from the single-player campaign but with new magical twists that often require careful synchronization with your partner.

Ghost of Tsushima Legends
With four players, you’ll be able to take on wave-based Survival missions, fighting groups of the toughest enemies Tsushima has to offer, Including new Oni enemies with supernatural abilities.

If you can best the Story and Survival missions, you may be confident enough to take on the four-player Raid that will arrive shortly after the launch of Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, sending you and your partners to an entirely new realm to challenge a brutal, terrifying enemy.

Ghost of Tsushima Legends
It’s been so rewarding to see the amazing reactions from all of you as you play through Ghost of Tsushima. We’ve been watching so many of you stream your playthroughs, and can’t wait to open up this new way for all of us to play together! We’re happy to offer this mode completely free to Ghost of Tsushima owners as a thank you to our players, and we look forward to hearing what you think!

We’ll have much more to share on Legends as we get closer to launch, including details on character classes, customization, and more! Thank you to everyone for your support of Ghost of Tsushima so far!

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
1597680615795.png

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users