Ghost of Tsushima

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GoT 1.12 update available now, its 9gb of greatness (hopefully).

Edit: Got it downloaded, have to "purchase" Legends from the Store to enable it ingame. Went through the tutorial for each current class, then took a look at their abilities / cosmetics. They did well to make each class take parts from what Jin was able to do during the game, then enhance the abilities at higher ranks. Nothing really new mechanically right now from what I can tell, which is nice to be honest, since you can just pick a class and you'll be familiar with its playstyle. Didn't have time to jump into a game, maybe later tonight though.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
legends dlc

ive deliberately held off on buying/playing this game so i can enjoy it on ps5, looks awesome though

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

woot!

Trakanon Raider
Just started playing Legends mode with a friend, had a lot of fun so far. Survival mode missions took about 30mins to complete on bronze, 40-45mins on silver, and story missions are shorter (around 20mins). Just reached "gear level" 80 so I have not tried gold or nightmare level difficulty yet but will do this evening.
Seeing the amount and quality of new content, it's quite amazing this DLC is free.

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I finally decided to break my Genshin Impact habit and started this last Friday with a buddy. Holy fuck it is so fucking good. Why on earth did I wait a week to start this?

woot!

Trakanon Raider
Leveling up your rank and gear goes pretty fast, did the nightmare difficulty story mode and it went fine ... but sweet baby jesus is there a gap between gold and nightmare difficulty for survival ! It's Bloodborn/Dark Souls hard.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
legends dlc

ive deliberately held off on buying/playing this game so i can enjoy it on ps5, looks awesome though
Its a really really easy recommendation for anyone who has played it to give. Great game.

• 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Went to download this and my PS4 is having issues outputting signal. Took everything out of the entertainment center to redo some cabling and when everything went back in the PS4 came up with the “not shut off correctly, checking db” screen, like normal, but when it went through the reboot afterwards nothing outputs. The receiver freaks out and shows HDMI then flashes off then the surround lights up and flashes off. So it is doing something. Gonna have to play with cables and bypassing receiver. Bleh.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Once you get back in with cables, check your video output and see if it defaulted back to that instead of HDMI. I seem to remember that happening once after a reboot.
Or disregard if you've checked already.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been watching people go through the Raid, and I still find it a bit hard to believe all this was given out for free.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Do we know for sure what enhancements this will have on PS5? I started it on PS4 and it looks so incredible that I stopped playing with the intention of starting over on PS5.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Been watching people go through the Raid, and I still find it a bit hard to believe all this was given out for free.
Likewise. I also now totally understand why matchmaking is disabled for the raid. Several groups asked themselves the question of what it world be like to try to do it with randoms, with hilarious results.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Late to the party, I know, but this game is fucking awesome.
Absolutely loving the multiplayer way more than I thought I would. I actually thought the single player campaign started off quite slow (with unskippable cutscenes which is the main issue for me) so I switched over to try out Legends and got hooked immediately with all the different stances, techniques & ghost weapons, etc. Now I can’t stop playing it.
Sucker Punch just dropped patch 1.16 today which is supposed to fix a ton of general bugs and issues mostly focused around Legends, so if you were having any issues before I would swing by and try it again. I haven’t had any issues with bugs or performance personally.

I can’t believe they knocked it out of the fucking park with Legends the way they did as a free add on update and have announced they won’t support it in the future. I completely understand why they wouldn’t want to use a lot of resources on it, but I would literally pay $20 for more Legends content. I haven’t been addicted to silly horde mode type multiplayer style games since Mass Effect 3 and this has a very similar vibe. I’m fuckin bummed man. I wonder what it would take for them to change their mind? Curious about the player base numbers because I match make instantly in any difficulty and mode and it seems to be very popular.

Making progress along the campaign as well and it just gets better and better. Excellent game and goddamn I wish more games released in this quality shape, its honestly refreshing and you can see the hard work and detail that went into making this game as good as it is.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I see it looks like the latest patch fixed a handful of bugs with melee and ranged resolve gain. Pretty cool. Honestly the only criticism I can give at this point is I wish they gave a little more of the honor currency since that's the primary end-game grind to min-max your gear and once you start that grind, the limited number of maps kind of starts to show.

And yes, multiple times since playing Legends and seeing some new build or combo in action I've had to stop and say to myself: "holy shit, this game is great and then we got all this extra stuff we weren't even expecting for FREE."

Rajaah Rajaah If you hadn't heard elsewhere, what I heard for PS5 was that instead of the choice between hi-res mode and performance mode, you get both so 60 FPS and a resolution between 1440p and 4K. Between that and the new TV, now I want a PS5 bad LOL

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I see it looks like the latest patch fixed a handful of bugs with melee and ranged resolve gain. Pretty cool. Honestly the only criticism I can give at this point is I wish they gave a little more of the honor currency since that's the primary end-game grind to min-max your gear and once you start that grind, the limited number of maps kind of starts to show.

And yes, multiple times since playing Legends and seeing some new build or combo in action I've had to stop and say to myself: "holy shit, this game is great and then we got all this extra stuff we weren't even expecting for FREE."

Rajaah Rajaah If you hadn't heard elsewhere, what I heard for PS5 was that instead of the choice between hi-res mode and performance mode, you get both so 60 FPS and a resolution between 1440p and 4K. Between that and the new TV, now I want a PS5 bad LOL

Yeah, I heard it's 1800/60 on PS5. I'm guessing on PS4 it's a choice of 1080/60 or 1440/30? Thing is, I fired it up on PS5 for a minute and it still has the two modes, so I'm not sure. The resolution mode seems to be in 60, but it still has framerate mode that looks lower-res and I'm not sure why. I'll test it more after I finish getting 100% in Demon's Souls.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thing is, I fired it up on PS5 for a minute and it still has the two modes, so I'm not sure. The resolution mode seems to be in 60, but it still has framerate mode that looks lower-res and I'm not sure why. I'll test it more after I finish getting 100% in Demon's Souls.
It's just a leftover from the PS4. Both modes are 60fps on PS5, so always use the high resolution setting.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This is on sale most everywhere for $40. Just bought it, gonna try to finish Valhalla first - knowing this will shit on Valhalla.

• 1Truth!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This is on sale most everywhere for $40. Just bought it, gonna try to finish Valhalla first - knowing this will shit on Valhalla.

Ghost is the "Assassin's Creed Japan" game that a ton of us were hoping they'd do next...except considerably better than it likely would have been.

I've been trying to get into Valhalla and it just strikes me as dull. The visuals are impressive at least. Almost done with Demon's Souls 100% and I was going to jump into Valhalla with both feet next, but now I'm not so sure. Might do something last-gen instead, like the rest of Ghost or the newer God of War game that I never played.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ghost is the "Assassin's Creed Japan" game that a ton of us were hoping they'd do next...except considerably better than it likely would have been.

I've been trying to get into Valhalla and it just strikes me as dull. The visuals are impressive at least. Almost done with Demon's Souls 100% and I was going to jump into Valhalla with both feet next, but now I'm not so sure. Might do something last-gen instead, like the rest of Ghost or the newer God of War game that I never played.
2018 god of war would be my vote. It really is nothing like the previous GoW games, which I was pretty lukewarm to.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
walmart had it for 19.99$ today (all gone)

probably gonna be that way for black friday too, imo

• 1Mother of God

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

God of War would beat out just about any game that you haven't possibly played. That game is insanely good. It's pretty much a masterpiece, or the slightest bit off.

God of War is $9.99 at Best Buy fyi. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/god-of...edition-playstation-4/5358600.p?skuId=5358600